It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK kids beat Muslim to death....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Islamophobia blamed for attack"

Murder

"A Muslim man has been beaten to death outside a corner shop by a gang of youths who shouted anti-Islamic abuse at him, the Guardian has learned.
Kamal Raza Butt, 48, from Pakistan, was visiting Britain to see friends and family. On Sunday afternoon he went to a shop in Nottingham to buy cigarettes and was first called "Taliban" by the youths and then set upon.

Nottinghamshire police described the incident as racially aggravated, not as Islamophobic, angering Muslim groups and surprising some senior officers..."

I just want to make a comment, its going to ruffle some feathers and certainly open a can of worms but here it goes: I want to point out that not one Muslim was murdered in the USA in a hate crime following 9/11.

Why do I make this point? Because its true, and because the USA is a great deal more tolerant than we get credit for.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I want to point out that not one Muslim was murdered in the USA in a hate crime following 9/11.

Why do I make this point? Because its true, and because the USA is a great deal more tolerant than we get credit for.

maybe u need to look in more detail, i can think of one Muslim who was shot and killed in a hate crime. and it was no robbery too. but its far better tolerant than wat we did against Japanese Americans during WW2. we learn from that.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well A Sikh gas station attendant was murdered in AZ right after 9/11 because some idiot thought his turban meant he was a Muslim.

So on top of beiing thugs, our thugs can't even pick their targets correctly

[edit on 7/13/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Seems like someone is beaten to death every week in the UK by these thuggish chav scum no marks. They need virtually no excuse anyway. On a moral and ethical level they're not much different than the bombers.

These pond life are not representative of British people.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think you need to check your facts before you wave your flag...

Historicaly Britain has been far more tolerant of immigrants than the U.S. has.

Recently released FBI hate-crime data show that crimes against Arabs and Muslims have increased more than 1,500 percent since last year.

www.findarticles.com...

www.hanania.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well A Sikh was murdered in AZ right after 9/11 because some idiot thought his turban meant he was a Muslim.

He want a Muslim, though. Good for those kids, fighting terror at home!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by ANOK

Recently released FBI hate-crime data show that crimes against Arabs and Muslims have increased more than 1,500 percent since last year.

However, before we drown ourselves in self-recrimination, some perspective is required. It does not take too much peering behind the numbers to show that rather than a nation wracked with hate, we are a people of remarkable forbearance.

Before we look at those numbers though, it needs to be pointed out that hate-crime statistics are politically stacked and arbitrary. They require law-enforcement agencies to look past the crime and determine a person's intent and motivation.

in anicase we are tolerant to immigrants even wen hatred is in all of us. but still we are willing to help immigrants who come to join us, like lets say 900,000 immigrants legally per year.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think turning the issue into a "See? My country is so much better than yours," is a) dumb b) incredibly immature and c) insensitive.

Division breeds intolerance. Intolerance breeds hate. From there, violence.

These British youth are just on the other side of the terrorism spectrum.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

Well A Sikh was murdered in AZ right after 9/11 because some idiot thought his turban meant he was a Muslim.

!!
!!
Oh dear.

link   
ANAK, you even read the first "source" you posted? It didnt list one murder at all, and the entire article denounced the methods used to determine if it was a hate crime.

The second link looks like something I typed on some free web space I got from my ISP.

Please.

link   

Good for those kids, fighting terror at home!

Wow. Unreal.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Partial List of Post 9/11 attacks
www.laresistencia.org...

I am familiar with of the baseball attack on a Sikh in Richmond Hill, Queens, NY which took place right after 9/11. I remember it well because I have many relatives living in that area and everyone's nerves were on edge after that incident.

btw... warning to all, watch it with the one liners, excessive quoting and crude remarks.

[edit on 7-13-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is another horrific attack....but we need to be pulling together against terrorism, not polarising on a "we're more tolerant than yooo-ooooo" bent.

It doesn't matter where it happens; the youths responsible are guilty of a terroristic attack for exactly the same reasons we're trying to fight.

And thanks for that listing, ww - it's an eye-opener.

Ignorance breeding hatred breeding more ignorance breeding..yes, more hatred.

The cycle has to stop.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Problem with attacking random people on the streets......is most likely the one being attacked is a good guy. Its like the Punk KKK members who used to jump Blacks, but the ones they jumped were good people who did not deserve it.

If these guys want to attack Radical Muslims why not go after the ones that chant "Death to Tony Blair" in front of their Mosques?

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The problem, I think, is that there have been racially motivated attacks like this in England before having last thrusday to make things worse. Just look at the BNP and the leaflets they have been circulating since last thursday with pictures of the bus and claiming that they could have stopped it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Like I've said in other posts, there is a much larger group of idiots here in the UK than you'd like to think. These youths are on every street in brittain, and it's not just "immature" youths, it's adults as well. (usually the type that gave birth to the yob scum in the first place). Just goes to show UK's going to hell in a handbasket, along with America. I'm not saying were better than you, I'm saying we're both F**ked. We've got a generation of cavemen, animals, pure evil and socially retarded violent "zombies". They are the ones that will have 5 kids by age 25, and so in a very short amount of time (I'v enoticed it already) we will actually be physically overflowing with the type of person who will kill for fun, or kill a muslim while shouting "Taliban" (how deeply sad).

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ...

What? Where are you?

Unfortunately we all, no matter where we may be, are human and prone to those human fears and activities. So sorry. You ain't better than me.... I ain't better than you... But you might be better looking!

[edit on 13-7-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

That comment is disgusting, and I'm amazed how a moderator hasn;t picked up on it already, especially as I see Worldwatcher posted after you.
That sort of comment is exactly the sort of thing we don;t want here.

And as for the yobs in this country, yes the new breed of 'chavs' - how they came about I don't know but they sadly have never heard of contraception and seem to breed insolent, rude and smelly children just to claim benefits on them from what I can see.
I don't know if too much radiation has done it or something in the water but they are becoming scarily common. If anything needs to be done about a 'group' it's them.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wiss,

Indiscriminately attacking and killing people who have done nothing wrong simply because of how they look or what they wear is not called "fighting terror". It's called a mindless hate crime. Please learn the distinction.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I want to point out that not one Muslim was murdered in the USA in a hate crime following 9/11

Yeah, instead the idiots killed sikhs.
"Well he was wearing a turban'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join