It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my weight lifting again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
hi you may recall last year (i doubt it but) i had a post saying should i do weight lifting and in the end i took it up i started on 2.5 kg silly weights really then i went strain up to 7kg and now im on 18kg and just moving up to 23
just wondering why my muscles arestaying around about the same size now should i take legal steriods?
im also going to go running to burn off my puppy fat around my mid section

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Steroids is not the answer....

There are other products you can use that do less harm to your body....

Don't worry so much about the size of your muscles.....When you first begin weight-lifting, you should be more concerned with tone and repetition....Size will come later....

Try taking some form of an energy booster before you work out - I use Hydroxycut......It's not meant for everyone, but it certainly works....

And I'd suggest drinking a large protein shake after your workout to help rebuild your muscle.....Ideally, you want to drink at least half your body's mass worth of protein after a workout....

Stop by your local GNC or nutrition store - They can point you in the direction of shakes that actually taste good....

[edit on 7/13/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ok thanks but i hav'nt really just started i started 1 month ago and i quickly went up to 23kg in the begining there was bigger muscles being developed now there staying the same size

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Use lots of reps 12+ low weight for definition
Use less reps 6-8 higher weight for bulk

If you want to bulk up then you need an amout of weight that makes you struggle to do 6 reps. Once you can do 8 reps consitantly you need to bump the weight on up.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
wow man, dont even think about using steroids or anything. look if you really want to improve yourself find my post and read what i said about bodyweighted excercises which have been used since like the beginging of time.

and if you dont like that you can always try createin, just make shure u do it and drink like 8 glasses of water a day and keep doin it. ov tryed it and its good but still cant beat the all natural way to train.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
man if you want to get rid of the pooch stuff and get some strong abs.

just do this

calestenics (jump rope, running, whatever just to get your heart rate up)

100 situps( do these slowly and contracting your muscles, if you do it right you will feel it within the first 10 reps, people make the mistake of just rushing in them and trying to finish fast, this is the problem you have to do them slowly)

20 leg lifts ( find like a bar or somethin even a tree branch and just try to lift your legs up to your chest strait, and really contract)

and after like 3 weeks just add more to it like instead of 100 do 150 or200
the same is with the leg lifts.

believe me after like 3 weeks you will definetly see some results , and do this for like 10 weeks or 4 months and you might just be able to cut diomonds with that six pack.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You'll get bigger, you just have to be patient, you just have to worry about burning off the fat and your weight training. Hopefully your eating the right foods, not too much fat or sugar, no junk foods, and the right amount of food.

If you wanna burn off fat , I would suggest eating 5-6 small meals every day (This will also quicken your matabolism). When eating this many meals, watch your quantity, dont have a plate full of food. Eating larger meals will just add too many calories in your body. Your stomach is about the size of your fist, so eat meals that are as large as your fist that way your stomach wont be too full or to empty and it allows your body to burn the food quicker.

Be sure to get plenty of protein, if you want your muscles to get bigger, eat about a 1g of Protein per lean bodyweight. Remember this; every two pounds of fat you lose, you lose about 1 pound of muscle, so you need the protein. Also like ned316 said, get plenty of water. Be sure to also get lots of sleep to recover, about 8 Hours. As you burn fat, you'll notice your muscles becoming more apparent. Remember, you have to lose fat to make muscles more apparent and look more toned.

Almost forgot to mention, eat the right amount of calories to lose weight. Heres a calculator to help you out: Click Here

I would like to congrtulate you on your progress klain...CONGRATS!! I hope you also follow some of the advice the other guys are giving you, and dont think about steriods at all. They're not good at all, keep things natural and clean.

I hope I gave you enough info, and I hope it works for you. Good luck on your training.

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Striker122]

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
klain,

Just a few pointers ...

2 - 8oz glasses of water* BEFORE each meal.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
* room temp ... as ice/cold tends to restrict the blood vessels in the stomach lining thereby hindering the digestive process and the release of digestive acids/enzymes. On a side note, you will be surprised by the weight loss alone.

As previously stated ... 8 hours sleep minimum!!!

Run a mile ... Walk a half. It helps to reduce chemical buildup in the associated muscles.

Alternate workout routines. Run/Bike/Aerobics one day - Lift the next - Strenuously stretch-out (30-60mins.) on the third. Repeat*.
* This routine coupled with a healthy diet and proper fluid intake will result in your skeletal musculature tearing, mending and strengthening to your satisfaction. Guaranteed!

The key to reducing muscle soreness and discomfort is two-fold. Water, and lots of it, combined with a work-up/work-down approach.

Action/Reaction ... Run 2 miles, walk a mile. It doesn't have to be directly proportionate. The key is to minimize the chemical buildup in the muscles which causes discomfort.

Just my $. 02 ... or $.04 in this case. :shk:

[edit on 12/2/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just want to echo the great responses you've gotten here. Building too fast can be unhealthy. Just as in building anything, you want to form a good strong foundation and build slowly on that. Steroids - Don't even go there. Where's the strength in taking drugs to get strong?

Join a body building discussion board. This is a good one.
forum.bodybuilding.com...
They talk about what to eat and when. You'll get all kinds of great advice.

Congratulations and good luck!

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just a quick reply:

I noticed you said you'd been lifting for about a month. Unfortunately, it takes longer than a month to notice alot of difference, man.

I didnt read all of the posts, so sorry if you have already answered this but, which part of your body are you trying to build mass to?

I have a fantastic lifting plan I could send you, if you like? I've been working on it for around 3 months and I've definately bulked up, especially my biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest.

U2U me if you would like me to send you the workout plan.

Oh yeah, make sure you're getting enough sleep, too and also muscles need 48-72 hours to fully recover from a good workout. I usually work out on Monday - Thursday and let my body recover for the remaining 3 days.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

[edit on 3-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
hey man i have to tell you one thing, ever try putting in some pullups in there. With weights even, if you wanna try that and i have to tell you after a month you will notice a improvment in back,biceps,and lats. It is also better than the lat pull down becasue it gives you more strength.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I havent lifted weights in at least 3 months. I have noticed a difference. I do calisthenics instead. The joint pain that comes with free weights is gone. The stress on the joints is gone, and while it wont get you in shape as fast, it will make you feel better yourself. Push-ups, and sit-ups, are not a bad thing. You dont have the stress on the joints that free weights bring, and you will improve much faster on push-ups than you will with free weights. This is something that I myself have proven as to which is superior. But I still cant decide which is right for me. Free weights build muscle faster, but can give you pains. Calisthenics give you muscle endurance, but you will not gain as much strenght. This is a tough call, if anyone who has some expertise could help me, I would appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
dont you think a combination of both calestenics and weight lifting would give u a over all great body.Gaining both endurence and strength would be very beneficial, also you would have a killer look.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Like jimragan said, if you want to bulk up you have to train to exhaustion, which means less reps. You should be using enough weight that it's all you can do to push for that eighth rep.
Blasting
, I've got a good site my uncle sent me a while back, I'll try to find it later on in my e-mails..Too lazy right now.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
And I'd suggest drinking a large protein shake after your workout to help rebuild your muscle.....Ideally, you want to drink at least half your body's mass worth of protein after a workout....

Or more ideally - A biiig steak, it tastes better.

But seriously, why on earth would you want to eat/drink half your body mass worth of protein? That makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
man here is ur answer...you can thank me when you do it

www.belowtopsecret.com...

top topics

join