It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK People, how would you handle terrorism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Im sure i would normally be classed as a "USA-Basher" but this is not aimed at the general american population. I like the USA i have been there and found it most pleasent (in most counts) you are a friendly bunch and most of you will go out of your way to make others happy.

the government is another matter though, they have clearly been hijacked by the "Military Industrial Complex" same as here in the UK (although not on as great a scale... Yet!)

change will come, All i can say is that if I where american i would not take "USA-Bashing" personally as 99.9% is clearly aimed at "Bush Corp" it is a shame that most americans feel they are being got at...

Daz Out.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hows about a big concert to the "Powers that be" with logos everywhere saying.................now wait for it..........................

MAKETERRORISMHISTORY

Is that good enough. ?

C'mon, terrorism was created by the governments so they can have a boogeyman to shout at every now and then........and keep us in FEAR!

The best thing to do is call for Global Peace. Yet again. Actually instead of saying it all the bloody time why don't we rise and take the fools out of power that are causing all the fear and terrorism. Maybe then we can make some real progress.

Remove the banking system, remove politicians, remove capitalism and many other nasties. Now last but not least.......Teach EVERYONE WORLDWIDE to.....................

Deny Ignorance

I think this might help just a lil' bit.

Peace

ps. Can we advertise P/B/ATS and ATSNN on TV and Radio......you know spread the word. Friends, family members invite them to visit this wonderful site.

[edit on 15/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
First of all, there is no single method in fighting terrorism, since there is no single motive in terrorist activities.

I'll reply to this thread from a general standpoint, instead of according to my personal beliefs, that al-Quada isn't those big bad Islamic terrorists, but an organization, that like it was started 26 years ago, is still steered, funded and used by the people that control the US goverment and CIA and are the owners of the oil and military industrial complexes, PNAC, Zbigniew Brazinski and others affiliated with the neo-cons all wrote even before the First WTC bombing, that a massive terrorist attack on US soil, that would shadow the attack on pearl harbour, was needed to further their agenda.
An agenda that was mainly geo-political but also included several needed changes in US goverment and the rights of the US people. An agenda we have seen unfolding over the last 3 years, at an excesive rate.

Anyways, how I would go about fighting terorrisme:

You have people doing terrorist attacks for causes ranging from Islamic extremism to treehugging whackjobs that find killing all humans is a viable alternative to keep the world in 1 piece.

Next there are even more ways that terrorism is realized. From bombings to those pesky poison letters and fake bomb warnings.

So, what can be done to stop or at least minimize terrorisme?

1: Eco terrorism, killing/limiting their funding goes a long way. Alot of eco terrorism groups are directly sponsored by non-profit organisations. ELF and ALF have been often shown to have direct ties to PETA for instance. Both being eco-terrorst groups that caused millions and millions of damages in country's all over the world.

Then, actualy putting these people in jail or the nutbin when they are caught would go a long way. And up the punishment on the type of attacks they do, property damage isn't as bad as loss of human life offcource, but come on, other people get harsher punishments for smoking weed.

2: Islamic terrorism, understand why they hate us that much? We actualy do understand this, but instead of improving on our past wrongdoings, we make it even worse. These days by demonizing and pritty much starting a new crusade against Islam itself.

The bad blood between Islam and the western world is very deeply rooted and started ages ago with the crusades.

Next to that, actualy stopping them and going after their leaders instead of getting sidetracked by invading country's like Iraq. Osama Bin Laden should've been confirmed dead or captured before the start of 2002. Hes still at large, many think, on purpouse, others think he never existed or works for the US.

3: ETA in Spain and the Muslim terror in Tailand both mainly driven by wanting to get sovereignty or remove influence from their area's by the mother country, the IRA used to belong to this group and the UK delt with it rather well. They took out the extremists and worked for a political solution to the problem with the actual people, not condemning the entire population group for the actions of extremists, but helping them, understanding them, working with them and removing the extremists from their midst.

These 3 groups account for nearly all heavy terrorist activities on the globe.

Then in general, when you know someone is guilty of a crime, put him on trial and then in jail.

Putting people in detention camps all over the world, torturing them, not giving them legal council or a trial, only gives you a bad image, proves the terrorist leaders right and fortify's their teachings and ideology's to their underlings.

Next to that, being rather damp by tourturing people for 3 years, then releasing them and setting them free to the world and expecting them not to hold a grudge, again, this is just creating problems and proving terrorist leaders right.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
How do you fight terrorism?

Hit the terrorists not the country,

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

MAKE TERRORISM HISTORY

LOL! now there is a solution, I C a wristband in the making.........

Daz Out.

[edit on 15/7/2005 by Dazzler22]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am a little disappointed in this post. I had better hopes for it. There are so many “high profile” naysayers who post their opinions and theories on these boards every day on what the West is doing wrong fighting against terrorism I wanted to hear from.

I wonder why they haven’t attempted to post what they think the solutions are. They only seem to post what they think the problems are, funny how that is…

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

The people behind these suicide bombs are paying destitute, brainwashed and hopeless individuals
to sacrifice themselves in the name of Islam. They are rewarded with payment to their remaining
family.

The only way to deter these horrible acts of violence is to bring a curse to the house of anyone
who dares to break the peace.

These misguided criminals need to understand that any such act will result in the forced sale or disposal of any and all family assets including their Father's or Mother's house or any other property.
Their brothers and sisters will also be dealt with as appropriate.

This may sound terribly unfair, but if this were to be supported by the clerics, then much of the violence would stop.

I think i recall that the Romans did this model for a time.
If one broke the Pax Romana, entire families & clans would see genocide.
....I sorta think the Manchurians & Huns & Sycthians did about the same.

later on, the Romans (those who we model our empire on) just made the
Terrorists-Insurrectionists individually die in rows of crosses adjacent to the roman roads, so everyone could witness what came to those who brought strife to the empire....the Roman Authority called them Terrorists
while others thought them Zealots. (like someone said in earlier post)

Although i can't agree on everything involved with making terrorism
a non-productive, unrewarding enterprise....it's a sane & rational start
to not allow the terrorists family, or their cause, to benefit moneywise or anywise.
In fact, make the terrorists 'estate' pay repairations to the victims and society.....(will need new laws on 'estates' etc)

the idea of causing death-destruction as a fatalist last-resort....has become
far from the realm of a 'last-resort' and has become common, usual, a less important drama that is soon forgotten among the world of the living

or something like that.........

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There was no such thing as terrorism or at least terrorism from fundamentalist extremists in the US in 1900 right? And now there is. So what event or events from 1900 to 2005 have changed this fact? Did the US do something that would cause certain people to become angry and become terrorist and attack? Or did the terrorists spontaneously appeared out of nowhere and started attacking?

If I were to handle terrorism I would pull it out from the root and not the leaves since the leaves would just keep growing back.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You fight terrorism the same way you fight other crimes, by dilligently investigating leads, preserving evidence, interviewing witnesses.

So..everything the government didn't do after OKC and 9/11.

Fight terrorism with justice and the law, don't fight terrorists with terrorism.

<< 1  2   >>

join