It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK People, how would you handle terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Always Learning, you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more.

Sadly, the "Thoms Crownes" of this website, and the world, will forever say "Stop whining you commie, respect your country and stop pretending we aint the best". It's attitudes like that that allow the politicians to do such things, because too many of us don't want to know.

Thanks chebob...its been long road. I was blind for the first year after 9/11 until I started to try and understand why. I don't say that its right...the violence and killing...but when you look at history you can at least understand why the hatred.

You know what they say - ignorance is bliss - if you don't learn the reasons why, you don't have to take responsibility for what happens. Pointing fingers is far easier and allows most to stay cocooned in their cozy little lives. Our history has made us selfish and self-absorbed.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
we must fight wars to win the hearts of our rivals, not bomb them into seeing things our way

which sounds good, but a terrorist is really just a soldier fighting a religious war for an army with no uniforms or fancy hats or budget. They are a means to an end being used by their masters just like our lads and lassses out there. We need to get to the masters, not the pawns.

the cause for the conflict is a lack or resources. we have 6 billion 175 pound primates that need stuff, and there isn't enough stuff to go around.

I see no end in sight for this conflict in our lifetimes.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
skippytjc!! You spoke wise words, at least the most of them were wise. I'm also convinced that a certain percentage of people are evil and will ever be, they just need somebody who is showing them their enemy, and they will go for it. As most of the people here know, the Islam is not an originally violent religion, but as well as there were deadly violent Christians some hundreds of years ago, there are some stupids who are violent in the name of Islam today, though they probably can't even read (the Q'ran). But we shouldn't forget the Islam is much younger than Christianity and therefore is still evolving or developing (means there's still hope).

But!!! As somebody who lives in Berlin and is monitoring political events all over the world (Israel - Palestine), I have to say: Walls are not the solution! It's only fighting the symptoms, you're not getting to the source of it.

As you could see in London the previous days, the enemy is no longer situated outside the countries in question, he is a (sometimes well educated) part of it. Remember Oklahoma. So there is no point in walls anyway, as long as you wouldn't act like Nazi-Germany and deport all people to camps who are not Americans since three generations.

The more intelligent solution you already mentioned: Putting a lot of money and manpower on researching alternatives to oil. If we (as humankind) would get new sources of energy, all the fighting about oil would be very useless, means the reasons for terrorists as todays would simply dry out. I prefer that strategy, for me they can drown in their f... oil, we should simply focus on finding something new. But there are to much powers who are dumbminded and shortsighted enough to prevent that, and for those people we also have to find ways to fight against, cause they are responsible for all the horrible things that happened in the last years. Mankind has always been inventive, today it seems we are in a dead end. I just won't believe that.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by new_falcon_XXI]

[edit on 14-7-2005 by new_falcon_XXI]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_falcon_XXI
Assumed I had the power, I would:

1. Kill all politicians
2. Kill all religious leaders
3. Kill all bankers
4. Kill all lawyers
5. Kill all real estate dealers
6. Kill most of the media people

If you like humans, change "kill" with "arrest".
Above mentioned people are the source of all the terror in the world (so I may have missed some), everything else ist just a weak, helpless and misleaded answer.

But more seriously: as a good Christian (who knows the bible) of course you have to stop killing people at once first and respect the territory of other people. Stop exploiting people just because you are stronger and they have what you want. Stop going to wars, stop starting wars (do not be defenseless, though). Respect different cultures and religions (as long as they are not violent against you), respect human life. But you have to make the first step. And you have to be patient (though not defenseless, again). Try to act in a Christian sense every day - very few people do this today. Try to help your own people as well as people from other countries to lead a life free from poverty, sickness and early death. Fight greed and envy. It's a long way, but somebody has to start going it.

The terrorists today are pissed, or they are told that they are. So try not to piss on people, it's very animal. We are supposed to act different because we're humans, some people even say we are intelligent, so let's try to act as we would be.

I couldn't have said any better myself!!!!

I salute you!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
First thing to do is stop immigration from countries that support terrorism like Pakistan and other Moslem countries. England is a country that is tolerant , but I'm fed up with the Government allowing anyone into our country, most of them go to places in England and carry on as if they were still in their own country. Stop immigration is the answer.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Terrorism has always been present in the world from as far back as we have been able to creditably account for our history. The terms for it differed with the times where “terrorism” is the modern catch phrase of today. If one were to stop and think about it, terrorism under any pseudonym, is nothing but the phraseology assigned to the enemy by what is seen as the legitimate governance one embraces. The first step then, is to institute a halt to this mass psychological barrier, that the enemy's like way of thinking and reflecting is non-existent .

The term; “terrorism,” is established to ensure a divide exists between adversaries, just as with that of “enemy,” where “the enemy” or “the terrorists” are always the opposing party no matter your citizenship or affiliation. In this regard, as long as the leader denotes the other party as the enemy, the masses following that leader assume that in fact the named enemy is the cause of the hostility; has no interest in negotiation; and is the bad guy, the one to be reviled. If this was not so, there would never be enemies.

The last 3,000 years of history proves the above two explanations to be true, and we have yet to learn that continuing such divisiveness serves no purpose when it comes to the progression of either the human race or humankind. The second step therefore is to understand that wars only create new powers/rulers and do not bring about peace or understanding.

History records time and time again the barbaric rising up of the oppressed against the governments of the day. These oppressed were deemed the scourge of the earth, such as the: Goths; Babylonians; Christians; Egyptians; Nordics; Mamalukes; Jews; Germans; Palestinians, et cetera. And every single one of them struck back with a vengeful and savage force. But at the time of their oppression they were deemed nothing but scum. The third step is to pay attention to history and understand that unless man finds new answers, it will always repeat itself, and when it does, the new victor becomes the oppressor.

Religion has more often than not been the underlying role for oppression, for what other way is there to control most of illiterate and ignorant mankind, which was built on superstitious beliefs of unseen entities guiding them, than to harvest, propagate and capitalize on such ignorance? Again, history paints a very clear picture of the evolution of religious belief, where from as far back as the records allow and to this day, the metamorphosis continues and in the sake of same, man is pitted against man. The fourth step is to recognize that with today’s weaponry, we no longer speak to hundreds of thousands or even millions of lost lives, we speak to the destruction of our planet’s ability to sustain life, and we therefore must find a common ground by which religious leaders recognize that it is no longer a battle between their perceived gods.

At least I am pleased to report that at least step four has begun, where talks for the beginnings of an integration of the major faiths is being undertaken by the Pope; the Archbishop of Canterbury; Bishops of the Eastern Orthodox Church; Muslim Imams and head Rabbim, to create a one-stop place of worship in Rome. All that is lacking are steps one, two and three which entails the de-programming of the masses.

After 3,000 years and counting, of wars and of hiding behind the façade of religion, the stakes today are far greater than ever, for man has the ability to create its own account of Genesis redux, and the powers that be who live high off the hog from the chains of religion just cannot bear to part with control of the masses which is their bread and butter, so instead they opt for a merging of all philosophies into one, which as is time proven, requires a deliberate and concerted effort, for man always accepts everything in small doses.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The people behind these suicide bombs are paying destitute, brainwashed and hopeless individuals
to sacrifice themselves in the name of Islam. They are rewarded with payment to their remaining
family.

The only way to deter these horrible acts of violence is to bring a curse to the house of anyone
who dares to break the peace.

These misguided criminals need to understand that any such act will result in the forced sale or disposal of any and all family assets including their Father's or Mother's house or any other property.
Their brothers and sisters will also be dealt with as appropriate.

This may sound terribly unfair, but if this were to be supported by the clerics, then much of the violence would stop.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I would execute all Amerrican and Israeli politicians.

Oh, and this blatantly racist post from a bigotted individual extremely offended me.

Originally posted by skippytjc
Let them rot in poverty once our money is gone.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
One thing that would help a LOT imho is if the West stops stigmatising Muslims as suicide bombers 24/7.

Anyone who knows real practising muslims in thier direct environment KNOWS that islam is realy a peacefull religion. And anyone who blows himself up for a cause is making a POLITICAL statemetn, it has nothing to do with religion.

People realy need to understand that :
Terrorism is a political issue, not a religious.

I do realise that in many cases, smart men with power and charisma ABUSE these religions for their own CRIMINAL/POLITICAL agenda, this has nothing to do with Islam of the Koran.

You don't see the world basing it views of Christians on the most extreme of them right ? (for instance those who praise the aids virus because it targets blacks and gay people in the most cases, who in the eyes of those are pure evil ) ?
Why do people tend to do this when it comes towards muslims ?
Think about that !

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
"You have voted Benevolent Heretic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Good work, by far one of the best solutions i have hurd so far! Keep it up!

Maby one day men like you will take back the world from corrupted people...

Daz Out

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"You have voted AlwaysLearning for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

Another Excellent Post.... this thread seems to be inspiringthe masses! good work Skippy for starting it.....

I dont exactly see eye to eye with ya but credit where credit is due

Daz Out

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I would execute all Amerrican and Israeli politicians.

Oh, and this blatantly racist post from a bigotted individual extremely offended me.

Let them rot in poverty once our money is gone.

#1 Please don’t bring your fighting tendencies to this post. It’s not about that, maybe you should create a productive solution to the problem rather than: "I would execute all American and Israeli politicians"

#2 Its you who are racist for assuming that statement means all Middle Easterners. This post is about terrorists, and that’s who the statement is directed at. Its you who stereotype to the point of racism with assumptions like that. You are the racist.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
mmmmmm, an intersting comeback....

I believe that through the media it is being forced into peoples heads that all terrorists are middle eastern...

this is exactly what they want, afterall with out devide there is no news,

imagine a world without war, there would be a lot of powerfull people out of business and i think this itself is the very problem with todays society.... why should real power revolve around military might?

i am a firm believer that knowledge is power, one day this may be prooved true but not untill people accept that violence is not a solution, unfortunatly it is in our nature......

the human condition.... the cure yet unknown....

if all humanity could learn to share life would be soo much better..

Daz out.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

OK People, how would you handle terrorism?

An interesting question....

1. Work with Israel to esablish a Palestinian state. Don't try to bicker and argue over borders, etc., just have Israel decide what it will set aside (such as the Camp David decision). None of this take it or leave it crap, simply establish it. Don't give the Palestinians a choice, simply create it, legalize it, recognize it, etc.

2. Repatriate the Palestinians to the newly created Palestine with incentives. Work with them to establish infrastructure, etc.

3. The above will foster MUCH better feelings in the Arab world towards the US and Israel...automatically leading to less terrorists.

4. Forget fighting the militants. Devote ALL resources to going after the money men. Cut off the funding, and you cut off a majority of the terrorism. If one's family won't be getting that $10,000 check after he blows himself up, then he'll be less inclined to do so....

5. Don't allow it to work. One might argue that establishing a Palestinian state is allowing it to work. I disagree. The Palestinians (militant ones) don't want a Palestinian state, they want the Jews gone, period. That isn't going to happen. So, we're not giving them what they want, but creating an opportunity for the Palestinians in the middle ground, to instead come to the side of peace, rather than terror.

6. As terrorism dwindles, hunt down any resistance with ruthless determination. Make it clear that human shields, etc., acts against civilians, etc. will not deter the military. Once the tactic is nullified, it won't be repeated, simply because then it will only work against the terrorists' aims.

7. Terrorism will always exist, but it's impact can be drastically reduced. I believe we're doing many of the steps above, but I can't help but feel Palestine is the key to all of this. Think of Palestine as a leaky beer keg. Sure, you can keep cleaning up the mess...but until you address the problem of the leak, you're not really getting anywhere.....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Stop propping up the House of Saud ... They promote Wahabbi
fanaticism around the world even as they pretend to be our allies.

OH YES!!

- #1 is this quoted from xmotex.
- #2 stop that $50 Billion aid package to Africa and spend it here in
America on BORDER SECURITY. That will provide American jobs and
security. Heck .. BUILD A WALL!!
- #3 immediately tag and deport all illegals. ALL. No more talk about
'amnesty'. It only encourages lawbreakers. Tag them with those
chips that can locate people. If they cross the border again we will
know where they are and how they got there.
- #4 Like the previous poster said - take the Clinton Camp David talks
between Israel and the PA and make it happen. Arafat rejected it
because he didn't really want a Palestine, he just wanted an excuse
to continue to kill Israelies. MAKE IT HAPPEN, and make it a soverign
nation recognized by the UN, America, Israel, etc. Then the Palestinians
who become terrorists will finally be recognized as such and something
will be done about them internationally. They will be forced to behave
as a mature nation should, or they will disapear.
- #5 Alternative Energy Sources and ANWAR. Gotta' drill ANWAR.
Alaskans want it and the chances of anything environmentally bad
happening are remote. It's needed for America's security and
independence. Drill Anwar. Harvest the oil from the rocks in UTAH.
And go for independent energy sources no matter what KENNEDY,
KERRY, and CRONCITE say - put those wind mills in the Mass. Bay!
(freak'n hypocrites! they say they want alternative energy, but not
in their own backyards! UGH) Solar power, wind power, nuclear
power. DO IT. Less dependence on foreign oil means those nasty
countries have less to say about our policies and politics.
- #6 FORCE ( I don't know how, but force it ...) the automotive companies
to use those engines that go 150 miles on a gallon of gas. We have
all read about them. The technology is there, but the oil and car
companies are withholding it, thus creating a problem for America and
our independence from foriegn oil.
- #7 EDUCATE the Chamberlains of our time in America that appeasement
doesn't work. Never has. Never will. Look at Saudi Arabia. The Royals
are 'dead men walking'. They have appeased the Wahabbis expecting
that croc to eat them last... and yet that croc is now biting them ...
tasting them for the meal that is soon coming ..
- #8 Tie any AID money in with forcing the receiving government to
EDUCATE the population, especially the females. AID will not be given
to any population that doesn't allow women to go to school, to get
medical care, that still has slavery (that's a chunk of Africa!), that don't
allow women to vote or drive. The terrorist nations, and I include
Saudi Arabia in on this, have DISMAL education for the people and
therefore they have an overpopulation of uneducated young people
who are ticked off and who are getting their 'education' from the
radical Imams and Wahabbis.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dazzler22
Good work, by far one of the best solutions i have hurd so far! Keep it up!

Maby one day men like you will take back the world from corrupted people...

Daz Out

Thank you, Daz! I was thinking how much we might be able to do in this country if the people in this thread actually had some power to change things. From what I've read, we'd do SO much better than is being done now.

Good on all of you who have given such serious thought to this!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am still waiting to read some idea from the usual USA bashers. I wonder if they have any productive solutions to terrorism? Or are they content with just making comment on any threads so long as it is anti American?

Remember: This threads purpose is so we can all let people know what we think the solution is it’s a good opportunity for some of the "haters" as I call them to get their ideas out.

No jokes, no hateful statements, just productive comments that reflect your opinions.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I was thinking how much we might be able to do in this country if the people in this thread actually had some power to change things. From what I've read, we'd do SO much better than is being done now.

Good on all of you who have given such serious thought to this!

My pleasure BH, as i have said before credit where credit is due..

In theory we do have the power, people these days all to easliy forget that the government work for...... naa i can't even kid my self by finishing the sentance....

the people need to take the power back.... but will it happen? i think the answer is no....

Daz Out

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Terrorism is an interesting issue, in that you can't fight it by brutal force. It's like trying to bail out a boat with your bare hands.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again, the only way to fight terrorism is to understand it,

And to stop doing it.

The US has given funding to various terrorist organizations around the world. Is it any surprise to see it coming back to bite them in the ass? Not from my seat.

It's time to wake up and realize that we are targets not because we are Americans, but because we are Capitalist, Imperialist pigs. Lethargic foreign devils that brutally exploit the natural and human resources of a country to get what we want from it, and damned be the consequences. It's sickening, and makes me ashamed to call myself an American.

What we need to do, is NOT allow the mentality of 'Lets' go keel all tham for-een baysturds!' And start educating people about things that we keep quiet. Why are we so hated. Perhaps if we know why these terrorists are taking their revenge on our country now, (Yes, Revenge) we'll be far more hesitant to commit these atrocities that have caused them to take up arms against us in the first place.

A mutual understanding can help to solve almost any problem.

The following steps will help (Sorry if they are repeats.)

1. Israel - Israel should be cut off from all US aid until such time as they come up with an amicable solution with the Palestinians. And no, Thalydomide is NOT an amicable solution (Atrocity)

2. Saudi Arabia - Rhetoric spews from every right wing orifice of Terrorism being rooted deep in Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or what have you. But what is becoming apparent is that the bulk of all terrorists are funded and trained by Saudi Arabians. People who are supposed to be my allies. Now I'm not a professional, but I believe that stabbing one's allies in the back is not the way to remain on their good side.

3. Global Military Action - Needs to stop. Militaries, whether on purpose, or on accident, are responsible for somewhere between 90-100% of all War crimes committed. You simply cannot argue with this, and whether or not they are racially cleansing an area, the Military option is almost as oppressive as you can get. Hands down, bar none. And you can see Iraq now beginning to suffer from Stockholm syndrome...

4. Partisan Politics - While I am guilty of this myself, it needs to stop. It only hurts our country, we need to present a united front on a solution for terrorism. And it pains me to see that this will likely never happen, because you have people that would like nothing more than to grin like an idiot while slaughtering thousands of humans, as well as people who would like to turtle inward, an practice isolationism. Neither one is a viable solution, surely we can put our heads together and find a better solution.

5. America, the Schoolyard Bully - We seriously need to knock it off. Just because we are the biggest kid on the block, doesn't mean we need to push other countries around. I remember getting picked on by the bully in school, and I also remember the day I was brave enough to fight back. I also remember I had to go apologize to him in the Nurse's office. The world is getting fed up with our #, guys. We need to take a step back and get off of everyone's toes. We haven't come to realize yet that we live in a Global Community. It's not all about us anymore. There are over 6 billion people in the world, and we are most assuredly NOT the majority.

But those are my thoughts on Foreign policy in general, because I believe that this is a foreign policy issue at it's core, and the only way to solve it is to fix ours.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I am still waiting to read some idea from the usual USA bashers. ... Or are they content with just making comment on any threads so long as it is anti American?

I apologize that this is a bit off-topic, but I need to point something out here. The word 'America' has many meanings, even to those who live here. So that you can fully understand what's going on with these so-called 'USA bashers' and 'anti-Americans', I'd like to point out just some of the connotations that go with the word America.

America – the land, the mountains, the lakes, the beaches, the views
America – the people, the generosity, the openness, the Statue of Liberty
America – the culture, mother, God, home and apple pie, free enterprise
America – the origins, the Constitution, the Declaration, the founding fathers, the intentions
America – the reputation around the world, the arrogance, the 'bully'
America – the government, the lies, the war mongering, the power elite, the 'entitled'

America is all of these (and more, I'm sure). It's because of my love for the first 4 that I am so angry and frustrated about the last two. Do I hate America? Absolutely NOT! I love my country and that's why it's so important to me to do something about the last two. America's reputation and government used to be something to be proud of. But in the past ...probably 35 years or so, they have really started to go downhill. I am concerned that they will corrupt the rest of what America means to me.

My passion (and what I think you may perceive as 'hatred of America' in others) is simply my desire to stop the corruption of a country that I DO love.

You sling these labels around like they mean something, but they don't. They don't hurt because we know they're not true. It just makes you look like the best you can do is hurl names. We love our country and don't have to prove that to you or anyone by coming up with a solution to terrorism. We don't want to see our beloved country corrupted further and eventually destroyed with negativity, arrogance, hatred and deceit.

(Sorry if I've been out of line by speaking for others. Strong feelings and all that... )

<< 1    3 >>

join