It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers of AP/OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lately I'm interested in Astral Projection/OoBE and I'd like to try it but after reading that it can be dangerous (the danger of dark entities) I became a little afraid. I can feel the vibrations and once I heard also the sound but I get always scared and feel like something bad would happen if I got out of my body so I always stop it somehow. I can't stop thinking about it though and really would like to try it but since I don't know much about the dangers and how to protect against them it would be nice if someone experienced could help me or yank me out.
Does anyone know about the dangers and how to protect yourself against them? Doesn't it only lead to kinda 'fight' with other entities if you yourself try to get out and if it doesn't happen just unexpectadly? Do you think it's even right to try to get out and explore astral realms? I feel I would get answers to some of my questions in astral but sometimes I'm like 'Maybe it's not right if it doesn't come spontaneously'.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There isnt anything dangerious about AP/oobe'ing..

Alot of things that people mistake are demons, which they are, but they are conjured up by your own fears.

EXP:

Say I have a fear of Flying, Then that fear would be transformed into what I wouldnt like most, and will prevent me from doing what I want to do in the Astral World.

So in other words, if you have any type of fears of anything at all, may it be going outside naked, to being locked in closed spaces.. to leaving your body and not being able to find your way back, you need to get over them.. You beiggest obsticle while AP'ing is fear.

As for the demons and other things there that can scare you, there are ways to get rid of them. show them love, dont show them fear, and never look them in the eyes.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I must agree with Thickheaded,

Earlier, I made a thread about this same subject, the dangers of Astral Projection. I have never been to the astral world. I havent even felt the vibrations i hear so much about. but there are ppl here that know what they are talking about from experience. Fear is the same in the astral as well as in ur mind and soul, If you fear something, then that something will try to take over you and corrupt you. Only if you show that fear love. Then that fear is no more.

I had the same fear, several things i herd about OOBE, but here is my thread, I just hope it will ease your mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I agree with what the others have said and how they aproached your question.One thing that may help you is to really bone up on this subject, find out as much as you can through books and other materials, then decide if you are willing and able to handle things that may pop-up during this type of travel.If you have complete knowledge going in to this type of experimentation your fear level will drop accordingly.

P.S try a search for "A treatise by Robert Bruce" he gives an exact how too guide as well as personal experiences and what to expect while oobe. plus its free and has been used by many people beginning astral travel.

Parker

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well I have been researching Astral Projection/OOBE for about 6 years off-and-on now, and from what I have found, there doesn't seem to be any dangers. You can't get stuck out of your body, nothing else can take over, etc. Yet I haven't had a projection yet either, mostly because of not trying enough and irrational fear most likely. As for negative entities, I'm not too sure. But if you are really serious/scared about them, there are conjurations out there that are supposedly like sets of words you say, and it will banish them away from you, etc. Haven't used them or experienced anything relating to this topic myself, besides reading hundreds of other people's experiences, so I can't vouch for any validity in any of what I have mentioned above, though.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you all,
that sounds quite logical. I've read the thread already and am going to read the 'treatise' soon but anyway, even if something 'bad' happened or if you met a dark entity you can always get back by just a thought and nothing can actually harm you, right?

I think your answers eased my mind a little. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In actuallity, people leave thier bodies all the time.. They just dont know about it...

We do spiritual work while sleeping. This is all done in the astral world. So if you can do that and come back, I am pretty sure you can consiously do it and get back..

I am almost confident that there is no possible way that you can not get back to you body, unless you ofcourse natrally die of something or someone kills you while you are sleeping.

And as for demons or whatever trying to take over your body. I consider that garbage.

Think of you body as your own part of underwear that you wear, and only you wear. Reason I am using this as an analigy is because nobody wants to wear your underwear, cause they are yours and yours alone.

Its the same thing with you body in the A.W. your body is your body and only your body.. while you are away, someone/thing can not come up and just take it..

[edit on 7/14/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hmm, yeah, perhaps. I heard though that there exist entities which need a source of energy to be able to 'survive' in this realm longer or otherwise they will have to get back to their own realm (where they actually live). And human (living) body is this kind of energy source that can help them stay here longer. But that's just what I heard so i don't know. But yeah perhaps it's like some others here said - if they can 'use' your body while you are oobe'ing they can use it also while you are not. Hmmz.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
you have any links to this sorta thing..

I also know AP'ing is more safer than going to the bathroom..

As I stated earlier. We all do it.. its how we pay off Karma and such.. to build up our spiritual selves.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nope, I don't have any links to it, it's just what someone told me so I can't prove it, I don't even know if it's true, i don't consider it very 'trustworthy'.. it's just what i've heard.

Earlier I wanted to ask if we leave our bodies 'all the time' only we don't know about it cos it would sound logical that if we can leave our bodies consciously we can leave them unconsciously as well and do it all the time without knowing it. So thanks for answering my other question.

new topics

top topics

join