It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
[Firstly we don't know why they did it, who they were and what their intentions were so whats the point in being enraged.......
Secondly, since we know nothing about why this happened, we can only ask why it is it was allowed to happen. What excuse does the US army have for gathering a group of children on the street in an area they are patrolling?

What does knowing why they did it and what their intentions and who they are really matter in this particular situation?

Would it somehow make it more palatable for you if you understood exactly why that bomber felt the need to not wait and instead take out over 25 of their fellow countrymen and wound over another 25 because the "infidels" were of all things, handing out candy to children. That is assuming of course that the suicide bomber was an Iraqi in the first place. I remember a report saying that most of the suicide bombers were in fact from other Arab countries.

Your second point is just absurd. We DO know something why this happend. The only one who "allowed" this bombing to happen was the driver of the suicide car bomb. He did have a brain before he decided to blow it up. You make it sound like the soldiers were "chumming the water" so these poor kids could get blown up in front of their parent's eyes. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said that some people seem to give the terrorists Carte Blanche no matter how heinous their act is.

*Head smacks into wall once again*

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think there is def. a reason why they singled out children in the attack in Iraq...the next attack after the London bombing.....they are trying to show....even with the "children" involved....they will still be showing the London bombing on CNN for weekd to come, prob. months.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To be honest I don't think they "thought" much about it at all. There were children around but it didn't matter to them. They were just something getting in the way of their attack. It's just that they didn't care who got killed as long at they could take out a humvee, thats the really disturbing part.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
What does knowing why they did it and what their intentions and who they are really matter in this particular situation?

Because you first need to understand your enemies to be able to defeat them. Just crying foul, getting angry and wanting retaliation is ridiculous, it won't stop the next one from happening at all. What's the point? You need to void your emotions to be able to think rationally in these scenarios. Emotional reaction is what they want from you. Don't give it to them. It's obviously wrong what happened, why only focus on that aspect?

Would it somehow make it more palatable for you if you understood exactly why that bomber felt the need to not wait and instead take out over 25 of their fellow countrymen and wound over another 25 because the "infidels" were of all things, handing out candy to children. That is assuming of course that the suicide bomber was an Iraqi in the first place. I remember a report saying that most of the suicide bombers were in fact from other Arab countries.

It would make the world more intelligent if it stopped to think about these events rather than gettting emotional and demanding justice because the people involved are crazy and therefor no other train of thought is required besides violent retaliation.

Your second point is just absurd. We DO know something why this happend. The only one who "allowed" this bombing to happen was the driver of the suicide car bomb. He did have a brain before he decided to blow it up. You make it sound like the soldiers were "chumming the water" so these poor kids could get blown up in front of their parent's eyes. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said that some people seem to give the terrorists Carte Blanche no matter how heinous their act is.

*Head smacks into wall once again*

Your missing the point and i have a feeling via your reponse that you probably believe it would be impossible under any scenario for the US troops to be at fault but anyway...

Your saying it was the drivers fault for blowing up the car amongst the children. Fair enough.

But that's it as far as your concerned?

I've never 'forgiven' the terrorists, i never justified the act, i never said it was a good thing, what are you on?

I simply said:
a) Terrorist bombers don't just decide on the spur of the moment to go blow themselves up, a sucide bomber goes through a series of prayers and proceedures before blowing themselves up because they are doing it for religious reasons, not because they have nothing better to do that afternoon and noticed a bunch of kids gathered in a group.
b) Why the hell were the US troops gathering a crowd of children on the street to give them US flag keyrings and candy when this has happened more than once in the past?
c) How long was this candy giving event know for? Was it pre-arranged or was it a spontaneous thing?

If it was pre-arranged or spontaneous WHY WAS IT DONE ON THE STREET??
How did the Terrorist bomber know it was going to be on? You think he just decided on the spur of the moment to go pack up his 4WD with explosives and then drive to this place and kill himself and a bunch of kids? You really think he's that evil and dumb but also that quick thinking and smart to be able to arrange a car bombing in the matter of a few minutes?
Why didn't the US troops create a secure barrier on the road so no cars could get close enough to the group of children they were building up? you think it's hard to drop a couple barriers on a road so a car can't get past it?

If you think the buck stops at the suicide bomber then you obviously haven't thought about this event much. Your emotions are taking away your rational thought and your patriotism is blinding your ability to judge who is responsable for gathering a group of children on a street in the middle of a war.

Even the Iraqi's who were there are saying Why the hell was this done on the street without any security?

[edit on 14-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
[
I've never 'forgiven' the terrorists, i never justified the act, i never said it was a good thing, what are you on?

I simply said:
a) Terrorist bombers don't just decide on the spur of the moment to go blow themselves up, a sucide bomber goes through a series of prayers and proceedures before blowing themselves up because they are doing it for religious reasons, not because they have nothing better to do that afternoon and noticed a bunch of kids gathered in a group.
b) Why the hell were the US troops gathering a crowd of children on the street to give them US flag keyrings and candy when this has happened more than once in the past?
c) How long was this candy giving event know for? Was it pre-arranged or was it a spontaneous thing?

If it was pre-arranged or spontaneous WHY WAS IT DONE ON THE STREET??
How did the Terrorist bomber know it was going to be on? You think he just decided on the spur of the moment to go pack up his 4WD with explosives and then drive to this place and kill himself and a bunch of kids? You really think he's that evil and dumb but also that quick thinking and smart to be able to arrange a car bombing in the matter of a few minutes?
Why didn't the US troops create a secure barrier on the road so no cars could get close enough to the group of children they were building up? you think it's hard to drop a couple barriers on a road so a car can't get past it?

[edit on 14-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

Shroud, while I understand what you are saying I don't agree with it. I am glad you condem this terrorist attack. At the same time however the vast majority of the blame is on the suicide bomber. A legit attack by an insurgent force should be directed at military targets only. I have never said that the terrorist saw the children gathering round the humvee and then decided to pack his car full of explosives to ram into that crowd. Rather I think the Car bomb was loaded and ready to go, the humvee had stopped and a crowd gathered round. At this point the terrorist bomber Chose to begin his attack. At some point they would have seen the crowd of Iraqis, yet they still decided to barrel their car in and explode it.
It seems from the article that the Army had the highway blocked, do you think they aren't in a protective/defensive mode when they do that? Even if there had been a full roadblock set up this attack probably would have occured. In fact using your logic would not the full roadblock cause even more of an invitation for the suicide terrorist to attack? Perhaps the attack would have been stopped,Perhaps not. The U.S. is always to blame for the actions of suicidal bombers is it not? When does the bomber have blame in this?

If you think the buck stops at the suicide bomber then you obviously haven't thought about this event much. Your emotions are taking away your rational thought and your patriotism is blinding your ability to judge who is responsable for gathering a group of children on a street in the middle of a war.

My emotions and patriotism are not hindering me in this. You need to question why a supposed Resistance Fighter would still crash his suicide bomb seeing that a 50+ group of Iraqi's were around. The question should not be who is responsible for gathering a group of children on a street. The question should be why did a suicide bomber still carry out his mission when he knew innocent Iraqi civilians especially children, would be killed. The blame is not on the crowd or on the Soldiers, it rests squarely on the Suicide bomber. He did have a choice to live and blow himself up on another day, he Chose not to. I guess we see the same thing in two different ways, which is not suprising here on ATS.

Take Care

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
More Information on this Attack

"Witness Mohammed Ali Hamza said US forces had gone to the south-eastern district of Al-Jedidah to warn residents to stay indoors because of reports of a car bomb in the area."

Hmm... If the US forces knew there was a car bomber in the area, why did they attract a group of children with candy IN THE STREET?

[sarcasm]Wow, it sure makes me angry at those nasty insurgents! I think I'll support this war after all! [/sarcasm]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join