It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
With all this talk about whether the suicide bomber is to blame or the US, I think they're both guilty.

If I send my children to Michael Jackson's place to spend the night and they get molested, who is responsible? Michael? Me? Or both? In my mind, anyway, the answer is clearly both.

The bombers, terrorists, insurgents whatever you want to call them are certainly directly responsible for their actions. However, 'we' contributed greatly to the circumstances in Iraq that support and allow such atrocities to take place.

All contributers have innocent blood on their hands.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The topic is Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb, indeed.

Pointing out that many Iraqi children have also been killed by American (non-suicide) bombs is quite germane to the topic, if not your particular conception of it. Pointing out that had there been no invasion, there would be no suicide bombers targeting Iraqi civilians is also on topic.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thank you for the search feature offer, Seekerof, but I'll pass. I've strayed no farther off topic than anyone else (including yourself). Everything I've said has been relevant to the Iraqi Children Killed By Suicide Bomb. Moving along.

I am not pinning this matter solely on the US because they are in Iraq. As I said, this kind of thing is going to happen in Iraq (and everywhere else) so long as people are raised to grow up stupid.

Am I anti-war? I'd hope so. Everyone should be.

As such, according to Islam, it is strictly forbidden to commit suicide, to target and kill innocents, and to commit acts of terrorism. That would pretty much make the assertion that the US being in Iraq as the cause for the suicide bombing terrorist acts, irrelevent, now wouldn't it? You see, whether we are there are not, those Muslims that committed this act were of Islamic faith, thus making what they did, again, strictly FORBIDDEN.

I don't understand what point you were trying to make here.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
*broken record player here*
*click on*
Islam forbids such acts, period.
*click off*

Links were provided.
Read them.
Understand them.
This is not me or a "neo-con" making such up.
It is verbatum, Islam.
You have issue with this, then discuss it with the Islamic scholars that determine, write, and decree such interpretations.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Um. Are you talking to yourself? No one is arguing Islamic laws and texts.

(???)

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The topic, as you have mentioned, is "Iraqi Children Killed by Suicide Bomb", not "Are Suicide Attacks on Noncombatants Allowed By Islamic Religios Law?".

The great thing about "religious law" is, given a clever enough argument, it can be twisted to mean whatever one wants it to mean. Many acts of the Inquisition, for example, were no doubt mortal sins by any conventional interpretation of Christian law, yet were sanctioned by the highest Christian authorities of the time.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

The great thing about "religious law" is, given a clever enough argument, it can be twisted to mean whatever one wants it to mean. Many acts of the Inquisition, for example, were no doubt mortal sins by any conventional interpretation of Christian law, yet were sanctioned by the highest Christian authorities of the time.

thats why we need to tell the Islamic extremists that they are just acting like the Christians back in the past and need to stop targeting innocents otherwise they be just like the non-believers which are the Christians.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I understand that people differ on the war in Iraq.
I do not understand how those who are oppossed to the war at the same time seem to give carte blanche to any attack by those insurgents,terrorists, Baathists whatever you may call them. The suicide car bomber saw that the humvee was stopped and had a mass of civillians (children) around it. They then deliberately chose to attack knowing that innocent Iraqi children would be blown up as well. This in my definition is a terrorist act. Equating it with a legitimate act of resistance (they only did it cause we were there) is just wrong. The suicide bomber could have waited untill the children were gone, he chose to inflict maximum damage to everyone around him.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

thats why we need to tell the Islamic extremists that they are just acting like the Christians back in the past and need to stop targeting innocents otherwise they be just like the non-believers which are the Christians

Hehe that might be worth a try anyway

Pavil,

I don't think anyone here actually believes this attack was "legitimate" or "justified". I certainly don't, I think it was contemptible & disgusting.

I just think I bear more responsibility for what my country does, and that that's something I can actually try to do something about, wheras the actions of a bunch of sociopaths on the other side of the planet are not.

Think of the Christian (though I am not a Christian) maxim about "taking the board out of your own eye before you worry about the mote in someone elses" and you will have a clearer idea where I am coming from.

Secondly, this story is from a while ago, and is being recycled to make a propaganda point: "see how bad these guys are, this is why we need to be in Iraq." Ignoring the facts that a) this never would have happened if we hadn't invaded Iraq in the first place, and b) our own bombing of Iraqi cities also killed plenty of innocent children, but we're supposed to believe that that's somehow OK.

And yes, there is no way to avoid killing innocents in war, thats one good reason why war is bad. It's one thing going to war if you are attacked and have no choice, but in this case we did have a choice, and thus the responsibility for the deaths of those
kids falls squarely on us.

[edit on 7/13/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
so when iraqis kill children it is terrorism, but when amers do it is collateral damage for freedom?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
double post, still

[edit on 17-10-1983 by bisonn]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn
so when iraqis kill children it is terrorism, but when amers do it is collateral damage for freedom?

yeah its terrorism since they saw the children but they decided to kill their own Muslim children while we are from the air and bomb, heck we accidentally bomb the Canadian soldiers because we didnt know, if we knew they are Canadian we wouldnt targeted them, but the terrorists are on the ground and they see right there, but they still targeted them.

nice getting negative points bisonn. wonder wat u did.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
american bombings and sanctions are the terrorism here

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

american bombings and sanctions are the terrorism here

i guess the UN are terrorists to since they agree to join us on the sanctions, but u already knew dat.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
countries such as russia and france were agaisnt sanctions

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

countries such as russia and france were agaisnt sanctions

maybe u need to look at the how the UN manage to put sanctions in the first place with approval, need to look back in the past to see how the sanctions were placed. Russia has the veto power, along with France.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This isn't the first time this has happened so why are US soldiers still attracting crowds of children in war zones on the street to hand out US flag keyrings and candy?

Why not just bring them in doors for one so there is no chance of a car pulling up and exploding?

Do Terrorist groups just drive around Iraq with bombs strapped to themselves waiting for a good crowd of children to blow up and if they don't find anything, they'll just go home and pack up and try again tomorrow?

How is such a bombing arranged? Do the US army make these candy on the street planned public events or are they spontaneous?

Seems easy to blame the crazy terrorists and renew your hatered for people guised as love for freedom but it doesn't make sense as to why such an event should even take place without forknowledge.

I'm sure Al-Zarqawi will post something on his website thou.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I love this mentality “they have no choice but to blow up innocent children since there are US soldier in the area” If you think like that then ATS prohibits me form saying what you are and how you think.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes it is easy to blame the terrorists since they are the ones who chose to act when they did with their attack. They could have waited or decided that one humvee of soldiers wasn't worth 25 Iraqis dead including a dozen children. Where is the outrage at the terrorist's for doing this? Why do many on this board make it sound like it is acceptable. Most of what I am hearing here is it's the U.S.'s fault that this specific event occurred. I contend that it falls squarely on the suicide bombers lack of any morality, which I guess is not much of a suprise. In the words of one of the survivors of this particular attack:

At Kindi hospital, where many of the dead and injured were taken, one distraught woman swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. ``May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader,'' she cried as she pounded her own head in grief.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Where is the outrage at the terrorist's for doing this? Why do many on this board make it sound like it is acceptable. Most of what I am hearing here is it's the U.S.'s fault that this specific event occurred.

Firstly we don't know why they did it, who they were and what their intentions were so whats the point in being enraged, where will that get us? Do we have to actually say we don't approve of killing children for it to be obvious, is that all we are meant to say here?

Secondly, since we know nothing about why this happened, we can only ask why it is it was allowed to happen. What excuse does the US army have for gathering a group of children on the street in an area they are patrolling?

If it's just to hand out candy and get close to the civilians, why on the street when this exact same scenario has occured over and over again? Have the US troops learnt anything at all?

I don't see how Terrorists could organise a suicide bombing on the fly like this and if the 'candy for the children' spot was pre-arranged, why do it on the street without protection? Even the Iraqi's are saying that the Americans should have known they were creating a target by doing this.

I'm sure Al-Zarqawi's group will come forth in regards to this attack, it will be interesting to see what the US and the Iraqi's say about that afterwards considering apart from some sketchy and ever changing American Intelligence - Al-Zarqawi doesn't even exist.

Of course it would be impossible to believe that these scenarios are setup by the dark corners of intelligence as propaganda because pure evil is a trait void from western society minds.

<< 1    3 >>

join