It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotech - soon we will be able to play god for real.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It all depends on what your vision of god is I suppose. Nanotechnology is quite fascinating, and if you haven't read before, I have been a TA for nanotech classes, and researched in the area for a couple years, given presentations, yada yada yada...

Huge field though - hopefully it generates an increasing amount of jobs + research positions.

The coolest thing coming out from nanotech though? Carbon nanotube TVs...I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wouldnt it eventually kill alot of jobs once they refine it alot more?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i dont really like the idea of : "Able to play god for real"

from my personal view that god are nature,nature are god.

...ill get an answer to that later,cuz now ive suddenly forgot why.."sigh"

[edit on 19-7-2005 by num1]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
god is a fabrication, its an expression meaning extreme power of creativity over ourselves and our environment imho

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I personally can't wait to see the broadening field of nanotechnology and research in general, at a subatomic level flourish. Whilst many of you fear the obvious applications for evil eg bio/viral weapons, I think we can all agree the benefits far outweigh the risks, not only to the cure of disease, but to- what fewer people know- space exploration.
And going off on a tangent

image credits: wikipedia

Having just recently completed a physics report on the possible use of carbon nanotubing (reinforced at the atomic level, and capable to withstand tension and compressive forces upto that a third of grade A diamond, but also pliable/maleable) with respect to the space elevator concept, I can say this is one area where nanotechnology will improve the situation drastically.

Within the next 20-30 years, having a moderately paced, and more cost effective, transit system between earth and a geosynchronous orbit (the moon and perhaps even the planets) could be achievable through the development of such material. The concept of the space elevator itself sounds unfeasable, but I assure you it is physically sound, and a lot more fuel/cost effective, as the climber can transport people/goods/shuttles up the cable through electricity, there is no 8-11km/s espace velocity barrier to overcome, so no millions of tons of fuel to be used in launching anything up into the sky. The only problem up until now, a material strong enough, yet also "bendable" (conductive etc other properties), to support the gravitational forces experienced by the cable has not been naturally found.

Personally I think nanotech can and probably will become the equivalent of the computer chip way back in the 80's and beforehand. It will find applications in all aspects of science, and on the whole prove beneficiary for our advacement as a society.

[edit on 19/7/05 by painkiller]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ah, I had a student who asked about the space elevator...I laughed when he explained what the idea is...

There is a reason why it's called a nanotube, ya know...just think of that when reading about the ridiculous space elevator.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
eh humans as gods nothing new >_> come to me when theres a "god war" aka humies vs. humies as usual >_>
id like to apply for being a human-god
itd be fun id listen to my peeps and i dont know turn them into cyber-zombies after at that split second BEFORE death so every1s happy
oh and id have a awsome robo/nano army of zombies >
as my "army of the gods" tool and a giant ion cannon for my "smite" tool >

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
MUST HAVE NANO TECH
FOR MY PLEASURE LOL...I LIKE BIG TEXT LOL
but i realy want nano tech i can make alot of things with it to >:]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join