It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why many see ufo's and why many don't

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I get so tired of reading all the skeptics remarks regarding ufo sightings. You can count on them like the sun coming up every morning. These comments rarely shed any light on the subject. They don't reflect any piercing intellect or scientific insight so why is it that everytime someone reports seeing a ufo, here comes all the Einstein's forward to share their earth shattering perspective and final decision on the subject?

It comes down to those of us who have seen ufo's and those of us who haven't. Those who haven't witnessed a ufo are frustrated and incredulous and seem to be irritated with those of us who have seen one.

Well, I'm sorry as all hell about it but it's not my fault that they revealed themselves to me. Perhaps those who haven't seen a ufo should examine themselves more closely. Perhaps you are lacking something - something deep in the recesses of your brain and physiology. Perhaps something in your character disables you from viewing them. Perhaps you are being excluded because you are deficient in something?

Ever think about that? In fact, why don't all of you think about that and quit with the trite and useless comments.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I feel your pain in regard to *some* "debunkers".

However there are some that make valid points and contributions, and they have as much right to talk about possible explainations as you to do post a sighting.

I have in the past years knocked some big cases, that were very public. I showed people exactly why something was a hoax, or a misindentication, visually.

Even after doing that, some will not accept the truth, as they feel it an attack on their belief system, or because it makes them feel small to have been duped. There's nothing wrong with being fooled...we've all been there.

But of course, me, who has seen wierd craft with my own eyes, has had personal experience with beings who by all rights dont seem to be human, me, who believes there is truly something very unusual going on in regard to UFOs...was called a "debunker".

It's ridiculous. These labels we put on people are counterproductive, and pointless. Sure they truly apply to some, but some of us do see the importance of this field, and want to separate wheat from chaff...and you cant do that buy buying into every sighting as a real event, or should I say a real "alien" event.

Dont be sorry you believe what you do. Have conviction. But have conviction for the right reasons...and examine them. Constantly.

It truly is the only way youre gonna get to any measure of truth.

EDIT: Btw, researchers have found that some people do in fact have a sort of predisposition to see UFOs/aliens. I have been told by several people that if one put an alien on a stage in front of 100 people, only 50 would see him.
There is actually a series of questions that can help fit a profile of such predisposition or involvement.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by jritzmann]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Having seen one obvious military UFO and one truely strange UFO, i never attack what someone sees. I only point out when they make assumptions based on a sighting.

Its ok to doubt someone who says they saw a saucer full aliens, when, in truth, they saw no aliens and are making gross assumptions. Having sen odds things though, I never doubt the claim.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ever think about that? In fact, why don't all of you think about that and quit with the trite and useless comments.

Wow I feel chewed out and I didn't even do anything. Perhaps when posting you could be more specific in your comments. I for one have never seen a craft or alien or anything of that nature. However, I do not feel I am deficient in anything spritual.
May I lend another point of view? Perhaps there is something about you that is deficient. Maybe they come to those that they have a curiousity with. Maybe you are weaker mentally and they can infiltrate your mind easier.
I am not saying this is fact but how can we prove that any more than we can prove to someone that hasn't seen them that they exsist?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't think its a personal thing to see a UFO , I think its about being in the right place at the right time.

If your in your house or office all day , and never look around in the sky, your likely to not see a UFO.

If your an outdoors person that always looks around in the sky , then your likely to catch a glimpse of a UFO.

I don't think it has anything to do with UFO's (Aliens) revealing themselves to this or that person.

Edit: For example I was out on the Family farm, at midnight in the Fall of '02 , and I saw one. If I had been at home that night , I'd most likely never have seen a UFO, to date.

But I was in the right place at the right time, and I did see one , and it changed my view of the world and the Universe for that matter!

[edit on 13-7-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
``

Is this some kinda lead in for the prophet yahweh
and his July 15th deadline for a hovering ufo at Las Vegas?

Some attempt to seperate the 'wheat from the chaff' type of
suggestion....

perhaps implanting a suggestion that there will be observations of
a ufo craft by one person....and the shoulder-bumping spectator right
next to you will not see a ufo???

just as the witnesses at Fatima claimed to have seen different, or-no- , phenomena
?
sorry, if i'm mis-characterizing your message....
but, i must stay true to the cynic and conspiritorialist in me.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Anyone can see ufos. Spend enough time outside looking at the sky and you will see ufos. They will probably be satallites or planes but you won't be able to conclusively identify them.

However if you go to some "hot spot" area currently like Washington state or the San Luis valley in Colorado etc. you can see ufos that are not satallites or aircraft. I'm not saying that they are extraterristial but they are there. It's up to the person to interpret what they see.

Personally I'm leaning toward paranormal or interdiminsonal phenomena.
I don't think I have ever seen a nuts and bolts type of craft.

I spend at least 1hr a nite weather permitting, practicing guitar riffs, leaning back in a lawn chair, looking at the sky, relaxing but never expecting to see anything. Most nites you see nothing but planes, but other nites you are astonished and amazed at what you see.

Iv'e been called "Wingnut" "tinfoil hat guy" and crazy; usually by people that never leave their computers. Go Figure??

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO to my knowledge (I've seen things in the sky I've been unable to "identify", and one that I strongly feel "could" have been because it floated for about 2 minutes and dissapeared, but until I am 100% sure I'm looking at a flying saucer, I'll keep saying I haven't).

Anyway, my father, mother, and brother have always been of a much more conservative view, seeing everything in black and white, reading the Daily Express, believeing everything Bush and Blair says on a daily basis. However, all 3 of them are adament that they have seen seperate UFO's, and they all had witnesses to back them up (Except my brother, although the fact that the "witness", his girlfriend, came into the house after the "incident" denying anything happened yet staring into space for ages and shivering with fear....well, that pretty much put her into "witness" status for me, just a denying witness). These sightings were all a while back, 3 seperate ones, so I am understandably miffed and a little annoyed that I have yet to have such a sighting. But, knowing my familys personality and knowing the likelyhood of all 3 of them lying about it, I am still of the opinion they are out there, whatever they are, and I'll still be waiting.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
``

Is this some kinda lead in for the prophet yahweh
and his July 15th deadline for a hovering ufo at Las Vegas?

Some attempt to seperate the 'wheat from the chaff' type of
suggestion....

perhaps implanting a suggestion that there will be observations of
a ufo craft by one person....and the shoulder-bumping spectator right
next to you will not see a ufo???

just as the witnesses at Fatima claimed to have seen different, or-no- , phenomena
?
sorry, if i'm mis-characterizing your message....
but, i must stay true to the cynic and conspiritorialist in me.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by St Udio]

If this is in inferrence to what I said, nope, has nothing to do with PY or anything like that (I think the guy is full of himself and full of...something else.)

No, what I refer to is what is detailed in alot of reports, and what I have experienced personally. My wife and I saw a ball type silver object one day at the park with my son, while flying kites. Wife did not see it til she stepped in close to me, looking over my shoulder. She said one step left or right and she'd totally lose it, as if the image were in a tube directed at me.

There are folks who have seen craft and have drawn what they saw right after, without talking. Sometimes they draw completely different things. It's a personal perception issue. Do you know that some people see 18 wheelers in the sky? Do you know some people have seen the Star Trek Enterprise? (albeit upside down)...clearly one could put a certain amount of perception alteration going on. (be it them, or us)

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dday, sorry you personally feel chewed out although you clearly implicate yourself as one who makes useless and trite remarks that shed no light on the issue.

But, hey, thanks for your gratuitous and useless comments.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I get so tired of reading all the skeptics remarks regarding ufo sightings. You can count on them like the sun coming up every morning. These comments rarely shed any light on the subject. They don't reflect any piercing intellect or scientific insight so why is it that everytime someone reports seeing a ufo, here comes all the Einstein's forward to share their earth shattering perspective and final decision on the subject?

Why?

Because in order to stand up to scrutiny, we should examine the more plausible explanations first, see if they fit the circumstances, and only when they DON'T, THEN move on to the less plausible. A UFO is just that, an unidentified flying object. It's unknown, but that doesn't mean it isn't a perfectly normal aerial object. Only when we have eliminated other possibilities, should we THEN entertain the notion that it may be an extraterrestrially piloted craft.

Remember though, even if 999 out of 1000 sightings are misidentifications, etc., the ONE genuine sighting STILL means something very strange is going on, and it'll only take ONE major event to reveal their existence... So take heart....the odds are definitely favoring a major screw-up and revelation eventually....

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do not douby seeing UFO's (unidentified flying saucers) once in a while, what I do not do if automatically assume they are extraterrestrial from another planet.
Maybe the people that seem to believe to see them lack a sound mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313

Well, I'm sorry as all hell about it but it's not my fault that they revealed themselves to me. Perhaps those who haven't seen a ufo should examine themselves more closely. Perhaps you are lacking something - something deep in the recesses of your brain and physiology. Perhaps something in your character disables you from viewing them. Perhaps you are being excluded because you are deficient in something?

Or maybe you are lacking something and are seeing a image that isnt even there? Maybe your brain is deficient and thats why you are seeing "allusions"? Hell, its not a big deal if ufo's are real or not, but your chewing people out before they're even saying anything. There is NO evidence that ufo's are real, maybe your brain is making up stuff to make you think they are actually real? Show me evidence that they are 100% real, THEN you can chew everybodys head off, but untill then calm down. Why do you think there are skeptics, cause nothing has been proven!
Your name says it all, you just need to get off your high horse and step down!

[edit on 13-7-2005 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Man Lotar
I do not douby seeing UFO's (unidentified flying saucers) once in a while, what I do not do if automatically assume they are extraterrestrial from another planet.
Maybe the people that seem to believe to see them lack a sound mind.

I know it happens all the time to people I know, they think it's a UFO automaicaly without rational thinking to what it real could be.

Try looking up once in a while, that tends to help you.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, there are too many idiots coming up with the whole series of dumb explenations. The first say its "swampgas" if there are no swamps nearby they say "it's the planet Jupiter", if the sky is clouded they say "its the planet jupiter reflected by the sea onto the clouds", if you say "it was cought on radar" they say "the radar was having technically problems", if you say "the planet Jupiter landed, two alien beeings jumped out" they say "YOU ARE INSANE and its all in your head", if there were more than one witness they say "it was halusigenic gases that came from the ground that made people see it"... THERE IS NO END!!! What ever you say, they ALWAYS can debunk it...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I did say UFO. Unidentified Flying Object.

To be clear, I said I get so very tired of useless rantings of skeptics every time someone describes what they witnessed.

However, I am fascinated with different witness accounts of ufo sightings. I hope all these "I gotta say something even if it's useless" skeptics do not discourage UFO witnesses from reporting what they have seen.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313

To be clear, I said I get so very tired of useless rantings of skeptics every time someone describes what they witnessed.

Just ask a Skeptic to discribe something that they've seen to you , then tell them 101 things it could have been besides what they said it was, and tell them why 101 different things are more likely to be what they they discribed , than what they said they saw.

That way they can feel your pain!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly, Shaman.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

However, I am fascinated with different witness accounts of ufo sightings. I hope all these "I gotta say something even if it's useless" skeptics do not discourage UFO witnesses from reporting what they have seen.

I'd hope instead that the skeptics' questions instead mean that a witness will try and take care to document the details and right after the incident, so that the sighting is clear and detailed...

I know that if I had a sighting these days, I'd certainly be jotting down a lot more info than I ever would have prior to seeing skeptics attack a particular sighting....

In addition, it'd be nice if a witness did the followup before going public, such as checking NICAP for military possibilities, etc. if even for their own confirmation and explanation....

The bottom line is that the average Joe isn't really all that familiar with the way things appear in the air, especially at night, so easy misidentifications happen all the time. Now, that doesn't mean all UFOs are explained....not by a long shot. Indeed, there are many UFO sightings by those experienced with numerous flight hours, which is why more credence is placed in these individuals. But, a sighting without details is just another drop in the bucket....

Indeed, even if only one in 10000 UFO sightings is genuinely of an ET craft...then well, there you go...we're still being visited....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One reason a lot of people do not see UFO's is that a lot of people are really not looking up at the night sky all that much. Most people are watching TV or something. If more people were looking at the sky more, there would probably be more sightings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join