It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide car bombing kills Iraqi children.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide car bomber sped up to American soldiers distributing candy to children and detonated his explosives Wednesday, killing up to 27 other people, U.S. and Iraqi officials said. One U.S. soldier and about a dozen children were among the dead.

At least 21 others, including three U.S. soldiers, were wounded in the attack, the second major suicide bombing in Baghdad this week. A suicide attacker killed 25 people Sunday at an Iraqi army recruiting center.

The fireball from Wednesday's blast also set a nearby house ablaze, the U.S. military said. The attack stunned the impoverished east Baghdad neighborhood of mostly Shiite Muslims and Christians.

At Kindi hospital, where many of the dead and injured were taken, one distraught woman swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader," she cried as she pounded her own head in grief.

Hospitals and police said between 11 and 13 children were killed. Authorities scrambled to compile a count of the dead and injured.

"The explosion was mainly on the children," resident Abbas Ali Jassim said.

A U.S. soldier assigned to Task Force Baghdad also was killed, the military said. At least 1,759 members of the U.S. military have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003.

The vehicle used in the attack was a brown Toyota Land Cruiser with a license plate from the southern city of Basra, police said.

as the Mujahadeen has warned back in the past that anibody who cooperates, getting near the American soldiers, even wave at them will be punished. even children is not immune wen they just want some candy. these "Muslim Freedom Fighters" are willing to kill Muslim children, even intentional to teach anibody not to be with the Americans.
, guess they fear the Iraqi children would side with the Americans in the future.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Bikereddie posted a story from his son here once about an 11 year old Iraqi girl was hung from a tree because she took candy from him.

These scumbags only know death and suffering.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
news.yahoo.com...

At Kindi hospital, where many of the dead and injured were taken, one distraught woman swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader," she cried as she pounded her own head in grief.

Hospitals and police said between 11 and 13 children were killed. Authorities scrambled to compile a count of the dead and injured.

"The explosion was mainly on the children," resident Abbas Ali Jassim said.

Its amazing that with all of this anti-insurgent idealism in the Iraqi people that more citizens are not making every effort to turn them in. The groups live in villages and towns with other law abiding people, but the normal citizens turn a blind eye to the foriegn strangers.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It just goes to show that these terrorists are not only killing americans but arabs as well. It's stories like this that make americans troops in Iraq feel like they can make a difference.

I actually wanted to know what an american soldier stationed in Iraq would feel, and now I know. Very depressng indeed. It gives new light to that time when Bush went to visit Iraq to motivate the soldiers, the story about where applause was met with silence.

I''m beginning to wish I never came to this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well I must say that the article that deltaboy has presented is quite interesting to say the least.

From linked article[/url]

A suicide car bomb exploded next to U.S. troops handing out candy and toys,

A witness says,

"There were some American troops blocking the highway when a U.S. Humvee came near a gathering of children," said Karim Shukir, 42. The troops began handing out candy and smiley-face key chains.

"Suddenly, a speeding car bomb...struck both the Humvee and the children," Shukir said.

So if the "highway" way blocked to traffic, how did this "speeding car bomb" manage to get past all the traffic being held up and smash into the Humvee children without the US soldiers seeing it coming?

Why was only one US soldier killed out of the four handing out the candy?

An elderly woman dressed in black beat her chest in front of her house

From the supplied photo you can see that the woman is not beating her chest but in fact clapping!

At least 983 people have been killed by car bombers or suicide bombers on foot since the new government was announced on April 28,

The number of innocent civilians and children killed by US troops numbers in the 10's of thousands but thats an acceptable number because they had to die so democracy and freedom could be delivered, right?

But the best part of the story (which deltaboy chose to leave out) was this little titbit,

Early Wednesday, Iraqi security forces stormed several houses across Baghdad, detaining, torturing and killing 11 Sunni Arab men, including a cleric

The real situation is this.

Everybody is killing everybody in Iraq.

Nobody gives a crap.

I guess this is what happens when the President say's, Bring it on!!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

From the supplied photo you can see that the woman is not beating her chest but in fact clapping!

How do you know she is clapping? Could she be dusting off her hands? This photo tells us nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Psychoses,

Your comments are pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have shown me hatred that I have yet to see on these boards. It saddens me that there are people in this world that go through life with such hatred and resentment, you are tainted to the very core of your being.

You are a savage to attack those poor kids and that marine with your vicious comments. You should have better respect for those kids and those marines who were trying to add a little joy to thier lives.

I am sickened

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well my local dutch news reported it different.

They talk about the tactic of american soldiers handing out candy in order to get kids around them to form a human shield around them.

That's what's sickening !

edit:spelling

[edit on 14-7-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
First of all, these "insurgence" in iraq are not Iraqi's killing their own countrymen. These are mainly outsiders, Arabs from neighboring countries who once profited from the life Saddam imposed upon his own people and are trying their best to revert these people back under tyrannical rule. Then there are the ones who lived pretty well under Saddam. The 1% who now find themselves on the wrong end of the stick in Iraq.

In the quoted paragraph, the woman sitting outside the hospital room who said "may God curse the mujahadeed" might just get her prayer answered. We can only hope.

To the one supported of this muderous clan who chimed in to defend the act of blowing up a group of kids eating candy; nice going. Hope you got your rocks off for the day.
Yeah, there's always one isn't there?

You know, with all the curses you people place on Western technology, what the hell are you doing on a computer? Makes one wonder.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Well my local dutch news reported it different.

They talk about the tactic of american soldiers handing out candy in order to get kids around them to form a human shield around them.

edit:spelling

And you are a sucker for believing that. Its funny: You would rather believe those marines were using them as shields than not. It saddens me that out of all the comments you could make about a story as terrible is this, the comment you made had nothing to do the animal that blew the kids up.

You are misguided and tainted.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well my newschannel isn't FOX or alljazeera, they do REAL journalism, not propaganda, you'dd be amazed what we see on the news that won't ever be shown in the states.

You could have refrained from personal attacks. yet you didn't.....

You accuse me off being misguided, yet you support a war that was started under totaly misguided pretenses which has had thousands of dead and wounded iraqi's and American young soldiers as a result... and then have the nerve to call me a sucker... You probalbly think i'm an America hater, while nothing could be more false( ask yourself, why or where did i learn english as my 4th language...). I'm someone caught up between two worlds, and i see both side just becomming more extreme, which is, cannot and will never be a positive thing, it will only cause more strife, death and destruction.

Posts like this:

These scumbags only know death and suffering.

Have you read your own words there ? Does your statement help any of those kids or soldiers ? NO
DO you even realise how EXTREME that statement is ? It is clear to me that you are believing what you want to beleive, and that's your given right , yet to you i cannot do the same ?

BTW: Congratulations You've won a spot on my ignore list !

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No and No! Soldiers hand out candy because most of them have pity and remorse for what has happened to the Iraqis over the last decade or so and most also probaly tend to use this as a psychological aid because they miss their own families. No American soldier needs or wants a human shield.

But leave it to some of you to find more fault with the distribution of food to civilians to be more demonized than someone who KNOWINGLY drives a car laden with explosives into them.

Did you ever think that maybe the candy wasn't passed out 24/7 and there were likely other groups of soldiers and or other times to carry out this attack. It seems puposeful that they waited until they could kill children. Why? Well, thats simple. The same reason we have devils kidnapping and killing children domestically, they represent innocence. Plain and simple.

You speak of human sheilds, I think you had better look at the insurgence side for that. How many threads on here have people like you defended the use of human sheilds by them.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You accuse me off being misguided, yet you support a war
BTW: Congratulations You've won a spot on my ignore list !

Well, he wont see this, but he cannot quote one place in any of my hundreds of posts where I state I support this war. Because I dont support this war and never stated I did. But that hardly matters to somebody as missguided as he is. Oh well, at least where he is his opinions hardly matter.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by skippytjc]

new topics

top topics

join