It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians on the "Other Side" You Like/Respect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
To all the hardcore partisans out there on both sides, are there any politicans from the other party you still like or have respect for?

I'm a Republican (if you don't already know) so I'll list a few Dems I like (or at least can stand):

Jane Harman
Joseph Lieberman
Zell Miller

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm a member of no party, as I've voted locally for R-D-I candidates. National votes have consistently been Dem since 1984.
Arlen Specter is still holding on by a thread, but I've lost the respect I had for Pete King, Saxsby Chambliss.
Unless a Republican is actioning severe dissent to this White House, respect should not & will not be forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm a Republican and I respect a couple of democrats.

Zell Miller and Cory Booker.

Democrat Cory Booker ran against incumbent Democrat Mayor Sharpe James in 2002. PBS did a documentary on the race. It was amazing how Sharpe James tried to destroy his fellow Democrat. Everything from calling him "white" to even calling him a "Republican". I rarely watch PBS but this was an amazing documentary. Even though the race was held in 2002 I was not aware of the results. I was glued to my TV set until the very end when they announced the election results and Booker lost.

Cory Booker is running again for Mayor of Newark in 2006, and I hope he wins.

If you get a chance to watch this PBS documentary, do so. It was great television.

join