It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First OOBE Experience...sorta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
ok well this morning i woke up at about 5, and tried to AP. i actually was like no im too tired to try so i rolled on my side and started to sleep, while keeping the thoughts of astral projection in my mind. well my half asleep dream was about my dad telling me about how he astral projected, which he never has ever and dosent even know what it is. anywho as soon as he said in the dream "i astral porjected" i could feel the sensations ie back sensations, feeling of falling, it was rather enjoyable i must say. anyways i got a little bit too excited i guess and got kicked out immediatly, which i would say is normal for a 1st timer. anyways i tried for a repeat but couldnt so my alarm started going off for work and i put it on snooze and did just that, snoozed away. but it happened again, again on my side, and this time it was unexpected. this time around the sensations were more evident ie back sensations, ringing in ears, falling sensation, and my favorite was the ripples that ran under my body, it was very nice...buit then teh alarm went off again and i went to get a shower...but it was cool while it lasted lol

my question would be this: for people who AP all the time, how long do u guys generally stay in that particular state and what is next? i know i have to concentrate on breathing and not on "YA THIS IS SO COOL", but how long do i wait in that stage, i mean i couldnt see anythign it was obvious i was still in my physical body as i couldnt see # lol...also how do u get out exactly i mean i know how u can "roll out" and stuff like that but what works best for you guys?

o almost forgot...man i tell ya for people who dont like the sensations you receive from projecting, you should try sleep paralysis. projecting sensations are heaven compared to sleep paralysis

any advice helps...thx
-zach-

[edit on 7/13/2005 by Zach]

[edit on 7/13/2005 by Zach]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have been wondering the same thing. Normally when I get this sensation of falling I either instantly awake from sleep or I have this strange dream I am leaping from a tall building.

I've gotten pretty used to them now, normally it's like 5 - 10 minutes before I snap out of it and awake.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ya...can neone help us lol!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've had quite a few of what I'd call OOBEs, but none like that. I have had reccuring dreams of jumping from the top of a staircase, falling fast and feeling "too much gravity" pulling me, and then suddenly waking. Thats a pretty common one in some form or another I imagine, but it is a lot different to what I would call OOBEs. Most of the ones I recall are inbetween "dream sleep" and feeling yourself getting drowsy, or in laymans terms Half asleep. It's more of a physical thing for me than a visual, I usually see nothing more than a glimmer of light or some shadow, but there is an intense "thrumming" feeling that usually starts in one of my arms or my head, and then over my whole body and you can "feel" yourself moving to another part of the room. I guess if I haven't got much further than that, as far as I remember at least, then my brains taken to much of a bashing, or I'm not trying hard enough. Who knows

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
When I get into the state of KNOWING that I can get 'out' I use the imaginary rope tecnique.
I see this rope attached to the cieling above the bed, and I reach for it with my mind, hand over hand, and use it to pull myself out.

Here is a thread link......WARNING its a really long thread, but if you really want some differant ideas on HOW TO....this thread is rich with knowledge. Many differant people have shared how they do it, hence WHY the thing is so long

I got the rope tecnique from Italiano in the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ya but how do u know when u are ready to start pulling u know?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Question?

How do you know you arent just dreaming these things?

Or perhaps inducing a form of self hypnosis?

Someone could do an elaborate experiment in which those who are "out of body" see something that body in the room could not?
This isnt the first time I've suggested this experiment, and it would be very valid in terms of proof. It also doesnt seem to conflict with the idea of OOBEs.

Would be interesting.

top topics

join