It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts of Schoolbus Accident Push Vehicles off Tracks

page: 1

join
share:
DAF

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Does anyone have further information about this? Please if you have any information please reply.

Ghosts of Schoolbus Accident Push Vehicles off Tracks:

Just south of San Antonio, Texas, there is an intersection of roadway and railroad track that has become very famous in the paranormal and urban legends catagory. The intersection was the site of a tragic accident in which several children were killed - but their ghosts forever remain at the spot. And the curious from all over the world come to this intersection of railroad track and roadway to witness firsthand the paranormal phenomena they've heard takes place there.
This is the story as I have heard and read about it.

Back in the early to mid 70's, a school bus full of children was making its way down the road and toward the intersection when it stalled out on the railroad tracks. A speeding train, going way to fast to slow down in time, smashed broad side into the bus.The crash killed 10 of the children and the bus driver. Since that dreadful accident almost 30 years ago, any car stopped near or on the railroad tracks will be pushed by unseen hands across the tracks to safety. It is supposedly the spirits of the children, who push the cars across the tracks to prevent a another accident and tragedy like the one they suffered. Everday, cars will stop on the haunted intersection to see if the legend is true. The driver of the car will stop some 20 to 30 yards from the tracks and puts the car in neutral gear. And sure enough, even though the car is going up an incline toward the tracks, the car begins to roll. It rolls very slowly at first, then steadily gaining speed - seemingly of its own accord and against gravity - up and over the tracks. This has been tested time and time again, and cars really do roll up and over the tracks - every time.
The best part about this legend is as follows. Before you put your car in position near the tracks, sprinkle a light film of white powder - like talcum or baby powder - over the car's trunk and rear bumper. After the vehicle goes up and over the rail road tracks and comes to a halt. Go behind your vehicle. You will see tiny sets of fingerprints and handprints all over the back of the vehicle.these prints are those of the ghost children that were killed all those years ago. Many who have tried it swear that indeed they can see the evidence of small children's handprints in the powder.

Article was taken from the website listed below:
www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have heard of this along while ago, altho I dont know the specific details I do remember hear about this accident on TV or something and how the ghost kids will push the car over the tracks..

You know I was also thinking about something along this tho.. I am not proving this wrong but I am only stating something I learned while being in Laurel Caverns in Pa..

There is this cavern that is a public showing, there is a spot in there where this guy will put a golf ball on this thing that looks like it goes on an uphill, anyway he putts the ball on it and it rolls on the upward angle instead of dwon hill.. Maybe the tracks are in a same situation as this..

As for the prints on the back, I am Have no way of proving or disproving this so.. I donno.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
fascinating story, never heard of it before you mentioned it, but
IF i run across any info similar I'll be sure to post it here for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This really is an interesting story, but according to Snopes (www.snopes.com), its an optical illusion:

San Antonio's "ghost tracks" are nothing more than an optical illusion. The mysterious movement of vehicles at that crossing is the result of a slight incline at the site, which works to roll vehicles that have been slipped into neutral off the tracks. As for the nearby streets supposedly christened in memoriam to the children who died, they were actually named in honor of a developer's grandchildren.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
@DCFusion

In other words what I said??

Anyway Thats what I think it is, altho I cant exsplain the hand prints.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yes, im aware of this since I am from south texas. A local news team in san antonio tried it as an experiment. They place baby powder on the hood and the back of the car to see if it would work. The filmed the car being moved and if i remember correctly, they did show small hand prints/impressions on the car from the baby powder.
they did warn against the public from trying this since it is against the law to turn off your vehicle in the middle of a railroad crossing.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We have the exact same story in South Africa, one of the boys is a national hero as he saved many lives but he was unable to get out in time. We have an investigative journalism show called Carte Blanche, very good, and they went there and every time their car was pushed off the tracks. They had it on video so it was pretty interesting.

I doubt the story will be on the website but you could search if you want to, www.carteblanche.co.za... Bush would crap himself if these two journalists were in the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

When Ginny researched the story of the "Haunted Railroad Crossing," as the legend is sometimes known, she found a few problems with the original story. For starters, nobody could pin an exact date on the accident from which the story sprang. To complicate matters, not a single newspaper in Texas has ever documented any such accident taking place in San Antonio, not even The San Antonio Express-News. But Ginny didn't let up; after some diligent research and a few phone calls, she finally got what she was looking for.

The accident occurred on December 1, 1938. At 8:43 a.m., a school bus loaded with students was heading for Jordan High School. Visibility was severely compromised by a snowstorm and heavy fog when the bus crossed the railroad tracks. The Flying Ute, a freight locomotive belonging to the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad, plowed into the bus, killing 23 Jordan students as well as the bus driver. It was the worst motor vehicle accident in American history at that time.

There was just one little detail that somehow got overlooked. The accident took place in the small town of Midvale, Utah, which sits just south of Salt Lake City – some 1,100 miles northwest of San Antonio.

As for the fingerprints showing up on people's cars, many people wash their cars to remove dirt and older fingerprints before they drive over the tracks in order to avoid picking up their own prints. Their cars are definitely clean - but only up to a certain point. Just as traces of blood can be discovered with Luminol on floors and carpets despite careful cleaning, fingerprints demonstrate a similar resiliency due to the oils secreted by fingers that cause the prints (ask any criminal investigator). These oils are surprisingly durable and resistant, and can remain on most car surfaces, including chrome, for weeks or even years despite various rainstorms and trips to the car wash. This is yet another reason why museum curators become displeased if anyone touches the exhibits. Your best bet would be to wash the car with a degreaser rather than traditional car washing compounds and then see if any fingerprints show up after the car clears the tracks.

www.ntskeptics.org...

It appears that a lot of other cities also have their train track ghost children

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm definately of the opinion that it's that "Uphill Optical Illusion" theory. In all fairness, I expected the conversation to end after that came up, it seems pretty unbeatble in terms of plausibility. But hey, unless the truth is known for sure, I can only assume.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i dont get what you guys mean by an "uphill optical illusion." if the cars are moving because of a slight incline, then that wouldn't cause them to move uphill which is what the cars are doing according to all of these witnesses. if there was a slight incline that moved the cars then ppl would not be dumb enough to ignore that and point to ghosts. things dont roll uphill, and as for that local news team that tried it out and got the hand prints and everything, if someone could post that vid, that would be awesome. especially if it was a news team, then that would pretty much seal the deal for me that this is real

new topics

top topics

join