It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Children die in Baghdad car bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Several people, mainly children, were killed when a car bomb exploded whilst US soldiers were handing out sweets to Iraqi children.

news.bbc.co.uk
"Many Iraqi civilians, mostly children, were around the Humvee at the time of the blast," US military spokesman Sgt David Abrams told the Reuters news agency.

Another witness told the AFP news agency: "Children gathered round the Americans who were handing out sweets."

"Suddenly a suicide car bomber drove round from a side street and blew himself up," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No matter what one might think about the US actions in Iraq, me personally being against it, there are no actions which justifies bombings such as these.

Personally, I fail to see how one can believe that any diety would reward these kinds of actions. I also fail to see how someone could believe that their cause would "gain" anything from this. Then there is the obvious fact that they are bombing their own children.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by BlueEyes]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Sadly this has become common. There was another story where a suicide bomber grabbed a little girl and put her in front of him, walked up to some US troops, knowing they wouldn't shoot and detonated his vest with a group of children around the troops as well. They'll blow up anyone just to kill a few more people. Pretty soon you're going to see the Iraqi people stand up against them, because they're sick of being blown up.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sadly too Much of this Kind of News come out of Iraq Everyday, and I Fear people have become Imune to this Reports, telling themselves - Hey, its Far away anyway.

But its Not.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Voted yes, but check your spelling real quick.

On the story..Freedom fighters my butt..
People can't even move around freely, and it's not because of US presence.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

CX

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wonder if i am the only person here hoping that this is just a case of soldiers being kind to Iraqi children, or whether it is commonplace over there to use the "sandbagging" method of providing yourself extra security?

I can feel the flak coming for this one already, but for anyone not familiar with this term, "sandbagging" as it is commonly called is where soldiers out on foot patrol, offer the local kids sweets and of course kids love sweets so they come flocking round the soldiers and follow them about the streets hoping for more. Result.....well with terrorists that may have at least a few morals (which is'nt often btw) they are reluctant to detonate a bomb when there are children about, or take a sniper shot in fear of hitting a kid.

It was often used in N. Ireland and i know of it being used in other conflicts around the world too.

I'm not saying that soldiers don't give out sweets purely out of kindness, they certainly do, i have done this many times because its always a pleasure to see little ones enjoying something they might not otherwise get, plus its a great way of building friendships with local communities.

I just hope soldiers who work in these sort of areas don't fall into the trap of thinking the terrorists there will give a damn if they hit a kid or not!

Calv.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I voted "yes" on this story, but would have liked to see some other news and thread links attached, as is required in news posting guidelines; otherwise, thanks for posting.

top topics

join