It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: At least 150 die in Pakistan crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Three commuter trains in Pakistan have collided, killing at least 150 people. Reports from police and railway officials estimate 800 others have been injured in the devastating wreck. A total of 3,000 passengers were on the three trains that collided early this morning. Apparently, after missing a signal, one train smashed into the back of another. The two heavily damaged trains were then hit almost simultaneously by another commuter train.

edition.cnn.com
Three trains have collided in southern Pakistan Wednesday morning, killing at least 150 people and injuring 800 more, police and railway officials have said.

At least 17 train cars were destroyed in the accident that occurred at 3:40 a.m. local time (22:40 Tuesday GMT) at Ghotki railway station.

Police, army and paramilitary forces are assisting in the rescue operation and area hospitals are on emergency notice.

The Chairman of Pakistan Railways, Shakil Durani, told CNN there were about 3,000 passengers on the three trains.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Pakistani Railway system is virtually antiquated, according to reports; dozens of people have been killed on trains in the past few years.

A similar accident occurred in 2003 when a commuter train collided with a packed bus in central Pakistan.

No reports of sabotage have surfaced as of yet. The collision is being blamed on human error.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 14-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Who cares it wasn't in the western world and it wasn't white people.

Tough stance but can you imagine if this happened in UK instead of the bombings, OMG terrible 20page thread and thousands of news stories.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Death In The Darkness

No matter where you live, this is horrible.

My prayers are with the victims and their families, and those who are working frantically to save people at the accident site.

Many tears will fall.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have heard that the Isrealis are behind this.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Weren't the suspects of the London bombings of Pakistani descent? My heart goes out to the vitims to both commuter train disasters...but, as this is a conspiracy site, doesn't this seem somewhat too coincidental?

Dot.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is horrible--all those dead & injured, not to mention all those that won't be able to get to work now, or go visit families, etc. My heart goes out to all those who have, or may yet suffer because of this.

new topics

top topics

join