It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satelite photo fake or real of man's face?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The "face" is not a cloud shadow, because there're no clouds visible to cast the shadow.

Given that the discoloration lies in a drainage path of the western slope of the Andes Mountains (which are snow-covered at least part of the time), I would venture that it's a loess slope. Loess is a geologic term that refers to deposits of silt. Extensive, thick loess deposits generally formed in areas bordering large, continental glaciers.

Even though there are no extant glaciers on the slopes of the Andes (although the tops are glaciated), the snow melt will deposit loess; every year, as the snow melt re-occurs, the newly deposited loess will take different shapes. My guess is that the "face" wasn't there fifty years ago and won't be there fifty years from now.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's the MARS MAN's twin!!!

Oh yeah, "Fortean Times" rocks.

Too expensive though.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That's almost as creepy as the Big Owl God Molech in Washington DC, except the owl was done intentionally...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
How do you know the geeks at google didnt just kick this in PS and mess around.. it looks to PS'ish to me..

Like for example. if you type WMD in google and hit lucky or whatever it comes up wit a joking 404 error.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Like for example. if you type WMD in google and hit lucky or whatever it comes up wit a joking 404 error.

That has nothing to do with Google. It's because people click on the fake-404 link so much that it has rised to the top of the "WMD" search in google, so it'll be the first link on the page and "i'm feeling lucky" just opens up the first link on the page.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
back to the topic at hand, thats a cool pic. didnt that take you a while to find lol on google maps

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
About the 404, Google was the first search engine that also took into account how many sites LINK to a site.

If you want, google will search a list of sites that link to a site. If not many are, then it is possible that their are some jokesters at google. I mean, how can the page be high-ranked unless people are linking to it?

...anyway, I just NOW tried the WMD thing and I guess it's not doing it. Oh well. I'll post this anyway I guess.

That picture is cool.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here are all the websites linking to the 404 WMD website.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There appears to be some form of modern writing all over the ground in the satellite photos from google. I wonder what the message is?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
There appears to be some form of modern writing all over the ground in the satellite photos from google. I wonder what the message is?

"Drink more Ovaltine"

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Codycougar91
back to the topic at hand, thats a cool pic. didnt that take you a while to find lol on google maps

It didn't take that long because I was searching for the Nazca Lines and one reference book displayed the general area where these lines originate. I hunted all over southern Peru and then I stumbled across The Face. I had to post it here to find out if it was already known.

I just found out about www.google.com the other day and was zooming in on my place of residence. Later I zoomed down on Epcot Center and the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney Resort in Florida. Unfortunately some areas don't have high resolution snap shots. Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios were blurred images up close.

My friend at work told me about this map site and he wanted to track down satelite images of the Nazca Lines, but he never could. I took the liberty to find them myself. I wanted to see them too. The first day I hunted for them I could not find them, so I quit and headed for Egypt to find the Pyramids of Giza. I could not find them either even with the help of a crude map. The next day I hunted for the Nazca Lines again and then I found The Face. I couldn't believe my eyes. I then reported it on ATS. Later I found the pyramids at Giza and its a high resolution satelite image. They're an awsome sight to see when you zoom in from high altitude.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
There is a rock formation called "perfil de Jesucristo". I believe that is what is in the satellite picture that you came across.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
If you want, google will search a list of sites that link to a site. If not many are, then it is possible that their are some jokesters at google. I mean, how can the page be high-ranked unless people are linking to it?
[edit on 14-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

Google Bomb/Flood, so you get a site boosted up to the top whenever you search key words.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm laughing about it...I gotta post this...

Once upon a time at the foot of a great mountain, there was a town where the people known as Happyfolk lived, their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world, obscured as it was by great clouds. Here they played out their peaceful lives, innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below. To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough. Then one day Strangefolk arrived in the town. They came in camouflage, hidden behind dark glasses, but no one noticed them: they only saw shadows. You see, without the Truth of the Eyes, the Happyfolk were blind.

Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people growing old
Jump back from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead

In time, Strangefolk found their way into the higher reaches of the mountain, and it was there that they found the caves of unimaginable Sincerity and Beauty. By chance, they stumbled upon the Place Where All Good Souls Come to Rest. The Strangefolk, they coveted the jewels in these caves above all things, and soon they began to mine the mountain, its rich seam fueling the chaos of their own world. Meanwhile, down in the town, the Happyfolk slept restlessly, their dreams invaded by shadowy figures digging away at their souls. Every day, people would wake and stare at the mountain. Why was it bringing darkness into their lives? And as the Strangefolk mined deeper and deeper into the mountain, holes began to appear, bringing with them a cold and bitter wind that chilled the very soul of the Monkey. For the first time, the Happyfolk felt fearful for they knew that soon the Monkey would soon stir from its deep sleep. And then came a sound. Distant first, it grew into castrophany so immense it could be heard far away in space. There were no screams. There was no time. The mountain called Monkey had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing.

Fire Coming out of the Monkey's Head, by the Gorillaz.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good find, but i am sure there are many more things like that on google maps, just as you see things in clouds, there will be many places on earth that resemble something such as a face.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you can't see one, just zoom in without adjusting the positon.

Wolverine in profile!:
maps.google.com...,55.656738&spn=10.770996,14.966675&t=k&hl=en

Very cool blue eyes and hat:
maps.google.com...,137.312622&spn=2.692749,3.741669&t=k&hl=en

maps.google.com...,148.348389&spn=1.346375,1.870834&t=k&hl=en

Green line is the mouth:
maps.google.com...,51.558838&spn=1.346375,1.870834&t=k&hl=en

Face is slanted, but it sorta has white eyebrows:
maps.google.com...,2.304382&spn=0.287018,0.424004&t=k&hl=en

This is fun! It's like a new passtime

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Zaknafein]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Nazca area, Lostinspace:

maps.google.com...,-75.168800&spn=0.187454,0.277748&t=k&hl=en

You can look around there for the Nazca Lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Here's a link to the Nazca area, Lostinspace:

maps.google.com...,-75.168800&spn=0.187454,0.277748&t=k&hl=en

You can look around there for the Nazca Lines.

That's the place all right. As I compare the lines in the satelite photo with the lines in my Atlas of Ancient America, I see a match. The only problem is that the character images cannot be seen because the satelite photo was taken at a limited resolution. You can't zoom up close enough to see the out lines of the Monkey, Spider, Duckling, Killer Whale, Humming Bird, Sea Bird, and Alien Man figure.

Thanks for showing me the correct location bsbray11.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hate to be the one to ask...but what does this have to do with the forum "Ancient and Lost Civilizations"?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Since the Nazca Lines were made by an ancient civilization and the strange shadow face appeared near the region I thought it was appropriate for it to be in Ancient & Lost Civilizations. What's unique about the animal figures of the Nazca Lines is that it looks like they were drawn from an arial view, just like the new face we found eventhough the face must be a natural phenomenon. The face is considerably much larger than the Nazca Lines.

The Mods could have moved this thread a while ago if it was neccessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join