It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of the ATS Newsletter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks JJ,..

I have made note to be sure to read the whole thread before making an inquiry,..

seems the answer was there the whole time too.

***and.....successfully subscribed now

[edit on 16-7-2005 by smirkley]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just U2U'ed SkepticOverlord and I think he's going to have a looksee, thanks SO by the way for checking it into this as it raises some concerns for me and I'm 99.99 percent sure I had not supplied ATS with my new email address, as I said my membership email still remains my old AOL addy. Some advertisers are notorious for their scripts and java tricks so it may be possible that my new address was soemhow gleaned from my browser, but then if the newsletter email was drawn from the membership database, then it should not have arrived at my new email address at all. The return path was

apache@srv01.denyignorance.com

so there's no doubt as to who sent it, just as to how it came to my new addy. No, no forwarding address from my last ISP that I know of.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Problem solved.

There appears to be a second, forgotten, member account created with the email address in question.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looks like you may have solved the mystery, thanks again for looking into it SO as understandably I had some concerns. I see I lost my administrator account though

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Do you know how much of a freak I look like for checking my mail and seeing something called " ATS Weekly Newsletter Edition Number: 001 "?

I never suscribed. So why was I sent patently an unsolicated, possiblely offensive, email?

Would the staff mind if I sent them my KTPR Weekly Newsletter For Turd Nuggets Ed. 1? Hell yes. Same situation.

So please respect my email address and remove it from your mailing list.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Do you know how much of a freak I look like

If you review your member profile settings here on ATS, you'll find that, at some point, you checked the newsletter subscription box as have over 90% of all ATS member accounts.

Simply click the unsubscribe link in the email you received, or send an email with "unsubscribe" as the subject line to weekly@abovetopsecret.com -- this is because your profile settings do not determine the subscription to the new newsletter software.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
< input type="checkbox" name="newshowemail" value="yes" checked="checked" >

and www.w3.org...-checked

tells us: "checked When the type attribute has the value "radio" or "checkbox", this boolean attribute specifies that the button is on. ... "

You made that check box on by default.

You made a choice for all of ATS.

I never checked that box. I know this for two reasons. One is the above. The second is that I NEVER checked that box.

EDIT - Furthermore, to remove cookies from the question, i deleted mine. Logged out. Logged back in. What did I find?

[edit on 19-7-2005 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's simply showing the "on" or "off" state in your profile. If you uncheck it, submit, then look at your profile again, it won't be checked.

Dude... what's with the hostility?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I may have quickened to anger in error. I apologize for now, but I'm going to double check something and get back to you. I in no way of shape or form remember clicking the that box. Several other members don't remember clicking on it either. But, as I said, my apologies for now while i do some fact checking.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But, as I said, my apologies for now while i do some fact checking.

That's fine... but is it really that big of a deal? I'm confused as to the need for "fact checking".

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Do you know how much of a freak I look like for checking my mail and seeing something called " ATS Weekly Newsletter Edition Number: 001 "?

Dude, if THAT makes you like a "FREAK" to someone (I am assuming your terrible fear revolves around someone other than yourself seeing your email) I'd say you have MUCH deeper issues with that person than your inbox.

Since when did newsletters become the sign of the freak? I won't even quote your infantile comparison, frankly because there is NO comparison to be made between the two.

m...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Question: Will there be a Cheers and Jeers section like Tvguide has? But instead of TVshows you could have threads. I think that would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You mean your ATS mail account?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join