It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of the ATS Newsletter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
All members will soon receive an email with details about the new ATS Weekly newsletter.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Soon as in 24 hours soon?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Me hits refresh/check on mailbox every 5 seconds till the newsletter comes!!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Me hits refresh/check on mailbox every 5 seconds till the newsletter comes!!

Same here this is what I have been looking forward too. Hopefully I will remember to check my e-mail tomorrow. I have a bad feeling I will let this slip my mind

[edit on 12-7-2005 by The_Final]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
niiice...

ATS is always expanding and getting better...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It takes a little while to send 40,000 emails.

If you don't get the email in the next 2-3 hours. You can manually subscribe to the newsletter by sending an email to [email protected] with "subscribe" in the subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Since when did the ATS email get back up? Last time I used it nothing was comeing in, only had one email, none of the test email I sent even got there.

I'll check it out, and see how it is now.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
SO, might wanna put border="0" on the header images of the email, it gives an ugly blue border that screws up the page a bit.

Screenshot

Very nice tho! Cant wait to read each edition.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
very niiice...

from the letter:

We surpassed 1.5 million posts two weeks ago, and no one noticed

that is s0000 funny...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Cool idea, I was wondering about a ATS news letter. Glad you decided to revive it.

So if we recieve this first e-mail, that doesn't mean you are allready subcribed, right? And in order to subcribe you have to send a e-mail with "subcribe" as the subject, to [email protected], which I did. Waiting for confirmation now.

Excellent.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
We're staggering the "send" and we're about 98% complete right now.

So yes, if you didn't get the email by now, you'll probably need to subscribe as you mentioned. Subscriptions are processed every 3 minutes, so it won't be immediate.

You can also manage your subscriptions by going here: newsletter.abovetopsecret.com...
Just about all you can do is switch between HTML or TEXT emails, and alter your password. Once subscribed, you can request your password by sending another email to [email protected] with the subject line, "password".

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is cool!!!!!! Soon we'll have ATS: The motion picture! Starring Tom Hanks as Simon Gray and Jack Nicholson as Skeptic Overlord and Jack Black as Atomix......also featuring Pamela Anderson as Aslala!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
So yes, if you didn't get the email by now, you'll probably need to subscribe as you mentioned. Subscriptions are processed every 3 minutes, so it won't be immediate.

Also everyone needs to check their spam box. Gmail sent my news letter straight to the spam bod

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Gmail sent my news letter straight to the spam bod

Did you get any reasons why it was sent to a spam bin? I ran the email through several tests, and even confirmed the server's settings (reverse lookup and all that) before sending. It'd be helpful to know why Google flagged it.

Thanks.

I ran the email through AppRiver... an industrial strength 3rd party spam filtering service, and it added this to the email header:
X-Note: Spam-Tests-Failed: None
So I'm wondering what Gmail sees.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
mine goes to my ATS e-mail

no spam mail for moi

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Did you get any reasons why it was sent to a spam bin? I ran the email through several tests, and even confirmed the server's settings (reverse lookup and all that) before sending. It'd be helpful to know why Google flagged it.

Thanks.

I have no Idea. I checked the filter settings and nothing was set. Also I have never adjusted the spam box settings. I could see no reason why gmail put it there.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Looks great!

A note to everyone - click on the log in link and change your password right away. YOu can continue to log in with that link, but you might as well customize your sign in.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
SO, mines' went to my Yahoo spam acct. I've changed my Yahoo settings, but thought you might want to know.

btw...great job, looking forward to more in the future.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've only been here for about a year. I never knew there had been a newsletter. I can't wait. This is one place I visit every day.
By the way, my mail went to the AOL SPAM Folder. I changed the setting.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Gmail sent my news letter straight to the spam bod

Thanks.

I ran the email through AppRiver... an industrial strength 3rd party spam filtering service, and it added this to the email header:
X-Note: Spam-Tests-Failed: None
So I'm wondering what Gmail sees.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

Were you sending it to multiple gmail accounts? Our spam filter here sometimes treats something as spam if the same address is sending to multiple recipients

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join