It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrax's closet of used avatars.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I figure I have enough old avatars of mine in storage. Why not start one of these threads?
So here we go...

The was my original avatar. The original picture was an X-Men character called Fantomex. I changed the costume from white to black and covered his eyes.

My first Snake-Eyes avatar. Also the first time I put my name on my avatar.
Also a mainstay is DENYHATE. I decided to keep this on my avatars after white supremists came to ATS and tried to recruit .

My second Snake-Eyes avatar and the first time I got a complement for an avatar

For a short period I wore this avatar. I just loved the eclipse photo so much I had to make it an avatar.

Thats it for now. I have lots more to put up!

[edit on 12/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Snake-Eyes avatars are something I will always use. Not all my avatars are of Snake-eyes but most of them are.

This was made using a photo of the moon and a ninja silhouette .

This avatar was made from the box cover of onimusha 3. I've never played the game but I felt it suited my style.

Back to snake-Eyes. A variation of my first Snake-Eyes avatar. I was never that fond of the text I used here.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nice work Umbrax!
I really like your current avatar...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks KingLizard.
I really like my current avatar too. I already have my next avatar ready but I want to keep this one on for a while longer.

This is a revised version of an older avatar. I was going through this phase of using the moon in my avatars

Another revised old avatar. This is the first avatar where I used text created by Cooltext.

This is one of my favorites. It just looked real clean to me.

My current avatar as I'm writing this. This is actually Snake-Eyes' arm. The tattoo is for the Arashikage Clan that he belongs to.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think that’s what I like about your “arm” avatar, it leaves room for imagination. It’s just this image of a pumped out tattooed forearm in a rainstorm. When you see images like that it makes you wonder about the scene and lets the viewer fill in the rest of the story. I see your avatar and I wonder “why this guy is out in a rainstorm”, “why is he so buff”, “what did he just do and what is he about to do”. To me that is good art. Art that makes a person think or wonder. Art that lets the viewer construct the story around the image.

You will notice that I try to use this formula in most of my avatars. The one with the blurred out background with the emergency stop button and the hand just out of range reaching for the button is a good example. It makes the viewer wonder “what the heck does that button stop”, “where is the scene set” and “why is the person in a panicked position reaching for the emergency stop button”.

Ok I’m babbling on and on…I think I’ll stop now. lol

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I liek all of your Avatars...they're very action driven... thast why i lke the kitty you made for me

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I guess an image can say a lot with out having to really say anything. Art should always reach the imagination and I usually find that in your avatars. 'Avatar art' is so very interesting. There are several talented, artistic people on ATS and everyone has their own style. For example, you can easily tell if you are looking at a JAK or a UK Wizard avatar. The member art on ATS is outstanding and I think it is really cool to be apart of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
I liek all of your Avatars...they're very action driven... thast why i lke the kitty you made for me

I like the job you did making your own avatar

I'm all about action
I've always been into stuff like that. I've been into comics since before I could read. Animated action big screen action

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And i like corsets alot ... specially form 1880-1883 the best fashion EVER...well my op at least... and this Avatar you have now with the arm, wether you realized it or not its very "revelation/DoomsDay" action oriented... keep up the good work...

and its true .. i can always recognise either yours, Jaks or UK avatars...keep up the cool work ..and thanks for the complement

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Another Snake-Eyes avatar for the collection.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thats awesome Umbrax! Your avatars are really cool, keep on Denying Hate

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks

and I'll do my best

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I made this avatar with a screen shot I took of Jubei Ninpocho from the movie Ninja Scroll.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Here is another Snake-Eyes avatar to hang up in the closet.

I really liked the way his leather suit looks in this one.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This one is soooooo cool!!

[edit on 23-9-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thanks

I felt like being a bit different and using more red.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I really liked this avatar. My wife can't tell what it is though

Edit: This is the last avatar I made using Photosuit4. I've moved to use Photshop Elements now.

[edit on 27/9/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I liked this one best for some reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That one looked pretty cool with a black background.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think I need to slow down. I'm changing avatars way to fast.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join