It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.50 Caliber Marine Sniper Kills in Afghanistan - Graphic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Glad you're all happy to see your fellow human beings being torn apart from an enemy they cannot see, just to do justice to the soldiers that have fallen to an enemy.
Soldiers serve for a number of reasons, but most would not want to be 'avenged' by having the people they swore to protect, take delight in the killing of others in their name.

Shameful.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Glad you're all happy to see your fellow human beings being torn apart from an enemy they cannot see, just to do justice to the soldiers that have fallen to an enemy.
Soldiers serve for a number of reasons, but most would not want to be 'avenged' by having the people they swore to protect, take delight in the killing of others in their name.

Shameful.

Dont be so harsh on some of the war fans here, after all, they cannot help it that they were conditioned by Bush N Co's false pretense war drum for 4 years prior to this thread's creation.

Probably most of them today are looking back on their statements and wondering what the heck were they thinking...as is most of those who were so "gung-ho" back in the Bush N Co. era.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Regardless, if it is possible to justify US troops killing the Taliban, you can justify the Taliban killing US troops.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Video doesn’t work, but I have seen it. That’s no .50 cal I have seen, generally you get one hell of a hit, but people don’t blow up and get thrown hundreds of yards. I suspect that’s either some special ammo, or something else entirely. Are you sure there were no gunships flying around hitting these guys with 40MM grenades.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Guys, instead of comparing calibers to calibers, make sure in your minds that this is war. if the guy is a hostile, Geneva convention or not, this is war and you have to take him out.
Unprepared soldiers are jsut sitting ducks. If you want to win a war, be the most merciless soldier on the battlefield.
Anyway, I'm glad i can see snipers taking out insurgents. Usually all i find is a bunch of mujaheedeen hiding in a house sniping crossroads Marines.

Those fighters are considered guerilla, and correct me if i'm wrong, guerilla isn't considered by the geneva convention. so they largely deserve what they get, whether they see it coming or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Who bumped this thread? None of the video or pic links even work anymore!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join