It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most obvious flaw in the moon landings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ok here goes.

When Neil armstrong takes the "very first steps ever" onto the moon......HOW IS THERE A CAMERA OUTSIDE SOME CONSIERABLE DISTANCE AWAY????? am i missing something???

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How about an externally mounted camera? They do / di have those even back then.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Neil took many pictures using a 70mm surface camera, even some of the most famous ones of Buzz witht he reflection of neil and the lunar module in his faceplate.

Before decending on the ladder Neil took out from the MESA a TV camera and mounted it on the outside. This camera could be controled by nasa..here is some more info on the TV cameras used

Goldstone and honeysuckle

That link also proves that if it was a hoax, Australia had to be in on it. Since they had a direct feed of the Lunar Landing themselves. The more people you add to it, the less liekly it can be faked, or a conspiracy

A lot of good info in that link

[edit on 7/12/2005 by Jehosephat]

jra

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I believe heard that the footage that's always shown to represent Man first stepping onto the moon is Buzz Aldrin. Although Armstrong was technicly the first Man on the moon, some one had to be out there to film it, thus the footage being of Aldrin. That's what I remember hearing, but that may be wrong. It was either done that way or the way Jehosephat described it, with Armstrong setting up the camera first, then going back up into the LM only to come back out again.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The camera was on a boom, before Armstrong descended the ladder he pulled a lever and the boom swung out, pointing the camera at the ladder so that NASA and the rest of the world could view him descending the ladder. Simple.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh my god, you people can be such idiots sometimes. I work at the Kennedy Space Center, and if you think all we do there is fart around and pull elaborate schemes - I'd like to give you a backhand.

Do you understand how much work goes into everything that happens at NASA/KSC? Do you realize how many people you are insulting every time you say it's a hoax?

Be reasonable, please.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
Oh my god, you people can be such idiots sometimes. I work at the Kennedy Space Center, and if you think all we do there is fart around and pull elaborate schemes - I'd like to give you a backhand.

Do you understand how much work goes into everything that happens at NASA/KSC? Do you realize how many people you are insulting every time you say it's a hoax?

Be reasonable, please.

calm down buddy , no need to insult or threaten - how ever you intended it.

That said, I don't think you can convince some people. Until we see people there again looking at the past landers and their sites, its all a conspiracy.
What do you do @ KSC?

cjf

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The guys around JSC laugh about this entire general topic daily, but hey…what do they know, right????

36 years ago next week, move on.....please!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You act as if Apollo 11 were the only mission to ever get to the moon...everything is hoax to some people - even when we go back and set up base there, that'll be a hoax too. You have clear photographic evidence, and the fact that more than one mission went to the moon and came home. We have many Lunar rocks and such - I don't see what more one could possibly ask for.

I work in electrostatics and surface physics at the Kennedy Space Center.

I'm glad JSC laughs, I think everyone days (I laugh too - but it's also annoying at the same time). I've got a ton of JSC Mars simulant soil.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sheesh.......

Those of us who watched it live (yes, I was one of millions alive today who watched it) remember seeing the footage of the original step, which was taken from a camera mounted on the lander legs looked like this:

Here's the text from NASA:

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." At 10:56 p.m. EDT on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the Moon. This image was taken from the telecast of the event, watched by over half a billion people around the world. Armstrong composed the quote after landing on the Moon, he had meant to say, "That's one small step for aman ...". The pictures were taken by the Apollo lunar surface camera, mounted on one of the LM legs. The black bar running through the center of the picture is an anomaly in the Goldstone ground data system.
(NASA photo ID S69-42583)

Does anyone else find it ironic that many of the "moon hoax believers" will give credibility to blurry and indistinct photos of "UFO objects" ... but aren't able to accept NASA footage?

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I believe heard that the footage that's always shown to represent Man first stepping onto the moon is Buzz Aldrin. (...)

It seems to me that I heard something along these lines too, although for the life of me I can't remember where, and nor can I find it now. And something like that would merely be a trivia item too, wouldn't go one way or the other on hoaxing, or if NASA's lying or whatever.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You act as if Apollo 11 were the only mission to ever get to the moon...everything is hoax to some people - even when we go back and set up base there, that'll be a hoax too. You have clear photographic evidence, and the fact that more than one mission went to the moon and came home. We have many Lunar rocks and such - I don't see what more one could possibly ask for.

I work in electrostatics and surface physics at the Kennedy Space Center.

I'm glad JSC laughs, I think everyone days (I laugh too - but it's also annoying at the same time). I've got a ton of JSC Mars simulant soil.

"Clear Photographic Evidence" - many would disagree with that. There are many anomalies in the photographs, and can you prove that they were not taken earth?

"The fact that more than one mission went to the moon and came back" - 'Fact'? If it can be faked once, it can be faked twice, three, four, five, six, seven times..

"Lunar Rocks" dosen't prove you've been to the moon, it proves you have a rock that you said is from the moon. Can you scientifically prove it did not come from earth?

If going to the moon was possible in the 60's, how come we haven't been back in my lifetime? Why is it the only manned space missions we have run in my lifetime have all been into a simple earth orbit? Once you take a step past something, you presumably take the next step beyond it, not go back to that first step. That is unless, you never passed that first step, and only pretended you did.

apc

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

"Clear Photographic Evidence" - many would disagree with that. There are many anomalies in the photographs, and can you prove that they were not taken earth?

And many say the Earth is the center of the universe.
You're still wrong, though.

"The fact that more than one mission went to the moon and came back" - 'Fact'? If it can be faked once, it can be faked twice, three, four, five, six, seven times..

Why bother?

"Lunar Rocks" dosen't prove you've been to the moon, it proves you have a rock that you said is from the moon. Can you scientifically prove it did not come from earth?

Can you prove they did?

If going to the moon was possible in the 60's, how come we haven't been back in my lifetime? Why is it the only manned space missions we have run in my lifetime have all been into a simple earth orbit? Once you take a step past something, you presumably take the next step beyond it, not go back to that first step. That is unless, you never passed that first step, and only pretended you did.

You should really review the facts of the matter... particularly the aspects of economy and politics.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As good of a discussion as this is, there is already this thread here and I really feel it could have tagged along in it: An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

Lockin' this one up.

new topics

top topics

join