It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Habitat For Humanity House Condemned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A Habitat for Humanity house in Scranton is condemned. The city says the family wrecked the place.

Newswatch 16 first introduced the Smiths three years ago, a family of 20 with a dream to own their own home. The Smith family can no longer live in the Habitat for Humanity home. The city says it's unsafe.

www.wnep.com...

I have a friend who helps build these houses. He says it's common for them to get trashed like this. Most programs that get a lot of media attention have a dark side the public doesn't hear about.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I thought the "family of 20" thing was a typo.
It's not.
From the link:

He and his wife and their 18 children are now staying with relatives.

....18 kids???
That's....wow.

I'd thought cases like this were the exception rather than the rule. Mycroft, your friend says this kind of thing happens *all the time*?

-B.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This would be a prime example of how people who are GIVEN everything in life instead of EARNING things in life never build a RESPECT for the things, or the worth of the things.

This would also be a prime example of how ignorant people will breed incessantly without any intention of performing work to SUPPORT their mighty little brood.

This is a prime example of what disgusts a lot of people about Entitlement programs. Good money after bad money.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
I'd thought cases like this were the exception rather than the rule. Mycroft, your friend says this kind of thing happens *all the time*?
-B.

The homes getting trashed, not the 18 kids.

top topics

join