It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sound Connection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
First off, many will wonder, why is this in aliens and ufo's? Well I want to post this here because its a theory on the only way (in my opinion) that UFO's can create crop circles.

First off a little background of the theory.

I will only use the crop "Canola" or "Rapeseed" in my examples. I will explain why in a minute.

Here is a crop circle in a Canola field.

It doesnt matter if its real or fake, but I want you to look at how thick the crop is. Anyone who has walked in a field of the stuff will realise what a nightmare it is.

Some plants just should not be able to be bent, say some researchers. "Crop circle formations often appear in canola (oil seed rape) fields," says Joseph Mason. "This plant has a consistency like celery. If the stalk is bent more than about 45-degrees, it snaps apart. Yet, in a 'genuine' crop circle formation, the stalks are often bent flat at 90-degrees. No botanist or other scientist has been able to explain this, nor has it ever been duplicated by a human being."

Source

Now you are probably wondering (if I didnt bore you to death already) what the hell this has to do with sound !

In Canada during the 1960s, laboratory experiments measured the effects of music on plants by subjecting them to different tones. Exposure to heavy metal music made the plants tilt in the opposite direction, whereas classical music lulled the plants toward the speakers. But in the case of Hindu devotional music- and the songs of Ravi Shankar, in particular- the stems bent in excess of 60º to the horizontal, perhaps the closest any human has ever come anywhere to achieving that right angle common to genuine crop circles.

Now im not the only one thinking along the lines of this theory, but really it could be plausible.

Source

Interestingly, ultrasound is capable of interacting with physical elements to such an incredible degree. It can be aimed, focused and reflected almost like a light beam, and specific frequencies can be focused to cause certain kinds of molecules to vibrate while others nearby are left unmoved.

Now of course sound does not explain intricate patterns, but I have yet to see many intricate pattern "circles" show the great characteristics of a good crop circle (IE: 90 degree BENT stems)

I could very well see plain shapes in crops (circles) actually being from some sort of high frequency sound emitting craft, like a UFO. Perhaps we cannot hear it (we cant hear as many sounds as a dog etc anyways) but it is there, somehow being produced by UFO's.

Again, if these were being faked in canola crops, they are very unlikely to achieve the 90 degree angle bent stems.

My 2 cents on the take.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The subject of sound affecting plants is very interesting to me.

Plants do respond to sound!

With that having been said , do UFO's even make crop circles? I personally doubt it , but its possible that they could if they wanted to, and your theory is the kind of " Out of the Box " thinking that I like !

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I see it as:

1-Man is not able (able to easily) bend plant stems to this degree

2-Sound can

I think the plant stem factor (sound being its cause or not) is a good basis for crop circle investigation.

I was also thinking though, sound will not weave the plants. For a long time that was one of my beliefs that true circles perhaps were weaved. I cannot see sound doing this, although like the article says, different forms of music (sound) made the plants fall one way or the other.

I guess it could still be produced by sound, alternating frequencies etc causing the plants to fall.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well you could research the effects of ultra-sound on plants ,i.e. how much time does it take for a plant(s) to react to Ultra-Sound, ect.

I think that there are even fairly cheap U-Sound devices around to do the experiments!

Even if what you find doesn't have anything to do with UFO's there is something there to learn!

[edit on 12-7-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That's an interesting theory, but I think you may want to look into the sound bending the plants more. I would be asking how long it takes to bend the plants. For example plants will bend toward sunlight, but it takes days or weeks to grow that way. Certainly not somthing that occurs overnight.

If you look into it more and want to try it, I would think it wouldn't be to hard to come up with an experiment to test your idea. It would take a ultrasonic speaker, with the right sound equipment to do it. Then you could experiment with various frequencies. But my guess would be that plants take a while to bend with sound.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would assume it varies greatly on how strong and directed you can create the signal.

Did anyone catch the episode of MythBusters (discovery channel) where they tested the effects of sound and talking to plants?

There results roughly showed that music does indeed help or aid plants to grow to an extent.

All the did was play a recorded message over and over or music over and over in a controlled environment. I cannot remember the time length, but I think it was very long.

All in all I believe to an extent you could prove the bending factor, but I cannot see it being fast with any technology available to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hal9000's point about sun light has to make one wonder about other forms of EMF's affects on plants too. For example different colors , even those not visible to the human eye affect plants and their growth patterns.

I was reading a Nat Geo Mag I have, about a farm that uses colored plastics as mulch , because the wavelengths they reflect influence the plants in different ways.

Edit: For example in-direct sunlight ( and or , UV rays) cause plants to grow thin and tall "reaching for the top of the Canopy " if you will.

We as People think of plants generally as being inferior to us ( Mammals), but plants are highly evolved and very complex and resilient.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
[qutoe]Some plants just should not be able to be bent, say some researchers.

Wow, since when were retards classified as researchers? Researchers of what? All green plants have the tendency to bend because they are saturated in water, dryer plants (trees) or usually brown and snap. The plants in that photo look green. "Should not be able to be bent..." Is that a personal belief like 'gays shouldn't marry'? So, there is obviously no reason for me to read any further than that quote...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My original hypothesis on crop circles was that the real ones were very simple circular patterns cause by a plasma vortex released naturally. Plasma earthlights have been spotted frequently with crop circles as well as geologically active areas. But when the patterns became more complicated, that was when I thought the hoaxes started. But after reading more on the subject, and e-mailing the author Colin Andrews, he said that some of the patterns were real according to their research. So I don't know anymore, I'm still not convinced they are created by UFO's. I wish I had the means to investigate it myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Some plants just should not be able to be bent, say some researchers.

Wow, since when were retards classified as researchers? Researchers of what? All green plants have the tendency to bend because they are saturated in water, dryer plants (trees) or usually brown and snap. The plants in that photo look green. "Should not be able to be bent..." Is that a personal belief like 'gays shouldn't marry'? So, there is obviously no reason for me to read any further than that quote...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Frosty]

Perhaps if you understood what you read calmed down and didnt flip out losing all your typing albilities you would see the point.

Lets use an example. Say object X has a breaking point of 10 pounds. At 11 pounds it breaks. Simple

Canola stems break at 45 degrees. Why are they not broken at 90 degrees and what causes this.

Understand where its going?

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well it’s a fact that one plant , or twig, whatever , can only bend so far before breaking , if one bends a group of plants, " Twig's" they will not break.

As a group the tinsel strength is greater than the individual plant .

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i really like where you guys are going with this

this type of thinking is what makes our ATS community valuable

i think the person who said they wont read any more because they rejected a generalization is jumping to conclusions

i personally never saw a reason for spaceships to leave crop circles thats why i think this 'sound' type explanation is actually "Getting Somewhere"

of course we admit we dont really know whats going on; but due to serveral things pointed out i do think that this requires further investigation so that maybe one day we can understand such a complex and bizzare phenomena *the mysterious 'natural' cropcircles not the fake ones*

that is "IF" there really was any 'real' ones...i havent ever seen a crop circle with my own eyes or studied the phenomena in depth
i certainly dont know much about them

i did however; remembering reading a chapter in Carl Sagans book about them "The Demon Haunted World"
it was highly skeptical

but if 'real crop circles exist' the flattening techniques by humans cannot explain them
perhaps they are related to UFOs and the govt undertook a disinfo campaign who knows

i dont know thats for sure

but you guys are smart; and i listen to you
i really like your ideas and the "out of the box thinking"

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The one main problem in the theory is that of how the sound is "controlled or aimed"

Basically you have 2 options.

1-It can be controlled to make complex shapes or basic shapes (circle)

2-It only makes basic shapes, or projects beneath? the craft.

Now another problem is that the circles usually have the grain spun in a circular formation inside the shape. This explains the man made board and string method, but not the sound method.

Why would sound make the formation like this?

Its the only part that doesnt fit with me.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Naturally, spending the time, as you seem to be, to develop expertise in the characteristics/properties of the various cereal crops (not the only medium real crop circles seem to be created on), would prove invaluable in your efforts to advance your understanding of the subject...

The picture in your post is, of course, a fake.

However, IF you are trying to come to any type of determination about 'crop circles' that you might want to confine your research efforts to real 'crop circles'. Otherwise, what would be the point?

Else we might have to give you a really bad haircut and call you Colin Andrews or even worse make you join circlemakers.org.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

The picture in your post is, of course, a fake.

Of course? Why not enlighten us with your vast knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I once had a friend of mine show me a website where this guy was performing experinments on plants using a lie detector testing machine. He tested to see if plants react to threats. He held a study where he had 3 students come in and go stand next to the plant. He told onf the the students that when he came in, his job was to kill the plant. When the students came into the room the plant only reacted when the student who was told to kill it came into the room. He also tested plants with using certain music> classical seems to be more soothing while the harder stuff seemed to make the plants slowly wilt. I wish i could remember the website. Pretty interesting stuff though

-Aza

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It is interesting , but Heavy stuff doesn't make that plants wilt , it makes them grow bigger and faster , with Classical a close second.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmm...i don't see why sound wouldn't beable to create complex shapes. it's just a matter of how much you want to develop the technology. i remember seeing a crop circle show on TV a while back, that talked about residule magnetic fields in rare crop circles. if i remember correctly, the field's intensity tapers off after a fews days, down to nothing. i personally don't think anybody(or thing) is using sound to make these though. can sound create a magnetic field too?

heh, i dunno.

EJ

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Alright, show me a picture of this amazing phenomena. Is this just another bs run around to where I ask to see a picture and none can be produced?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Alright, show me a picture of this amazing phenomena. Is this just another bs run around to where I ask to see a picture and none can be produced?

A picture of what exactlly? Be more specific.

If you are questioning about sound effects on plants, then I could point you in the direction of a program that was on tv recently. As I mentioned before an episode of mythbusters (discovery channel) did an experiment of the effects of sound on plants.

Thats something that I could point to you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join