It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi hits back at his former mentor, vows to kill more Shiites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
source

DUBAI (AFP) - Al-Qaeda's frontman in Iraq, Sunni Muslim Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, hit back at criticism from his former mentor as he vowed to pursue attacks on Shiite foes, in an Internet letter attributed to him.

In the letter, Zarqawi told the Islamist ideologue Sheikh Abu Mohammed al-Maqdessi, who is currently in detention in Jordan, that "we have repeatedly said that we were not the ones to start the killings."

Before being re-arrested by the Jordanian authorities last week, Maqdessi had given several interviews in which he bitterly criticised Zarqawi for targeting Iraqi civilians and well as international forces.

The letter, posted on an Islamic website, said Iraq's majority Shiites were "the ones who started liquidating Sunni cadres, forcing them to flee, and violating their mosques and homes."

"They are disguising themselves under the uniforms of the police and infidel (national) guards, and they are loyal to the Crusaders," Zarqawi said in reference to US-led forces in Iraq.

"After all this, we cannot refrain from killing them," he said.

Iraq's most wanted fugitive, who has never made secret his hatred for the majority Shiites, said in a voice message attributed to him last week that he was creating the "Omar Brigade" to eliminate the Badr Shiite members.

Zarqawi also denounced his former mentor for having accused him of attacking civilians and Christians.

"I don't know where the sheikh gets his news and information. We have already said that we did not target Christians or any other civilians," he said.

also he says they aint targeting Christians even though its been known for awhile, and now he says its proving that the Iraqi Christians did not participate with the "Crusaders" in attacking the Islamic fighters. o yeah thats a good excuse.
, looks like he trying to counter his former mentor in front of the audience because people see that even his mentor is disagreeing wat he is doin, and Zarqawi is trying to find a good reason to justified his attacks on innocents. tsk tsk poor Zarqawi, having to be embarrassed that yer own mentor is disagreeing with u.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Good find, deltaboy.

Only goes to confirm this:
Tide Turning on al-Qa'eda In Iraq?

American troops on the Syrian border are enjoying a battle they have long waited to see - a clash between foreign al-Qa'eda fighters and Iraqi insurgents.

Tribal leaders in Husaybah are attacking followers of Abu Musab Zarqawi, the Jordanian-born terrorist who established the town as an entry point for al-Qa'eda jihadists being smuggled into the country.

I had a hunch that it would be just a matter of time before the people and tribal sects in Iraq would make a stand against those foriegn fighters entering into Iraq to simply terrorize and kill innocent Iraqis, all in the name of 'jihad against the occupiers'.

This is something that I believe neither Zarqawi or Al-Qa'eda would have or did anticipate/plan for.

seekerof

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is all great stuff, if you believe in fairy tales about al-Zarqawi.

These stories remind me about radio announcers reporting on the weather conditions for Santa's flight on Christmas Eve.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Great contribution.
Thats all well and good, but the matter to me is not necessarily concerning the "legendary and mythical" Zarqawi.
This issue here is that the Iraqi people and sects are now taking the fight to the foreign terrorists and militants that are currently in Iraq.

Again, not something that any Al-Qa'eda leader or foreign militant leader(s) would have anticipated or foreseen happening.

That is the general point.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Great contribution.
Thats all well and good, but the matter to me is not necessarily concerning the "legendary and mythical" Zarqawi.
This issue here is that the Iraqi people and sects are now taking the fight to the foreign terrorists and militants that are currently in Iraq.

Again, not something that any Al-Qa'eda leader or foreign militant leader(s) would have anticipated or foreseen happening.

That is the general point.

seekerof

There is no al-Qaida in Iraq, unless one considers al-Qaida is the defacto name for any extreme jihadis. What that article states is that the tribe was fighting against jihadis. US support is being paid through Iraqi aid to tribes and purchasing their alliegences, which is always effective strategy.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
purchasing alliegences, or spreading the weath?

Would you rather the money go to Zarqawi?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
purchasing alliegences, or spreading the weath?

LOL. I'd say it's in the best interests of the US to purchase alliegances, given cash is a limited commodity, and the wealth is being spread to buy friends.

Originally posted by Halfofone

Would you rather the money go to Zarqawi?

I assume a tone of neutrality to better analyze situations. As I stated earlier, Zarqawi doesn't exist, IMHO.

top topics

join