It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pen & Teller; Ghostbuster Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I usually agree with what Penn & Teller disprove on their Showtime TV show. This is one of the few episodes that I disagree.

Problems;
- Those ghost investigators were amauters. They were doing their investigation during the day is the biggest misstake both teams made on the investigations. They should have went with TAPS, NESPR or Ghoststudy.com.
- I won't even go into the numberous misstakes the investigators were making.
- The Show did not allow enough time for the skeptics to make their point.
- Penn & Teller decided to not use the decades of hard evidence. Much of which can be found at www.ghoststudy.com
- Penn & Teller decided to not look deeper into EVPs or Photos and balantly discounted everything

Where they were right;
- It is completely True Paranormal Investigators do this as a hobby. Very few people can do this as a career. So people interested in discovering the reason for this pheonmena are going to investigate this to get away from their boring lives and jobs.
- All Ghost investigators need to inact a scientific method. What they mean by that is, not going to several places and hoping for he best, but staying at one place and repeating the testing numberous in not hundreds of times.

Any of you seen it and not like it or like it?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
Problems;
- Those ghost investigators were amauters. They were doing their investigation during the day is the biggest misstake both teams made on the investigations. They should have went with TAPS, NESPR or Ghoststudy.com.
- I won't even go into the numberous misstakes the investigators were making.
- The Show did not allow enough time for the skeptics to make their point.
- Penn & Teller decided to not use the decades of hard evidence. Much of which can be found at www.ghoststudy.com
- Penn & Teller decided to not look deeper into EVPs or Photos and balantly discounted everything

One other thing...
- They are entertainers not paranormal investigators.

Even so I enjoy their shows and wish I could watch the one you are talking about.

new topics

join