It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Grand Design?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
First off, I want to say if this isn't the proper place then by all means move it. The only other forum I figured might be general enough was Board Q & B, but I don't think it's wholly appropriate. This might also be better suited to a research project, but that doesn't seem quite right either.

Here at ATS, there's obviously an almost endless supply of different theories and accounts. I haven't had much experience outside of ATS with the topics dealt with here, but I'm guessing this is by far the largest community of this type, and when everything is sorted out we probably have some of the most credible sources and research overall.

However, it seems to me that there's no cohesion; there's little, if any, attempt at an objective organization of the various theories to see what kinds of underlying patterns may exist. It's like ATS is a large jigsaw puzzle, possibly (more than likely, actually) with many pieces missing, but still enough there to where an overall picture can be somewhat determined.

What I'm proposing is a coordinated effort to go through the various issues, theories, and accounts, and see where things might stick together. See if there isn't someway to make sense of all of this, and do so from a completely scientific point of view. No matter how ludicrous or rational an idea may be at first, it's taken into full consideration as to where it might fit into the puzzle.

As time progresses certain pieces will fall in and out of plausibility of course, but there may be quite a few things that were counted off as complete fallacy at first that are only logical when other things are taken into consideration. Likewise, certain truths may prove illogical when taken in light of other truths.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions? Again, please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if need be. I thought this would be a quasi-logical place to mention this, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I feel a little pretentious bumping a thread of my own, but I figured I'd go ahead and do so since it just got moved to this board. Any ideas or suggestions anyone (in regards to the topic, not to the bump)?

new topics

join