It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-130s flying north and south multiple times per day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I live in south-eastern Arizona and for the past few weeks, there have been at least two C-130s flying north and south towards Mexico and back. I noticed two bulges on the sides and took a picture:

As one flies south, one flies north as well, to the east of the southern one. I have not been able to see them turning around to be able to tell if there are only two or if there is more a continuous stream of them.

About 30 miles north, I saw a C-130 flying very low and landing, then reappearing. This was some time ago, perhaps 4 - 6 months ago.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nothing new. last time we went to Ixtapa, there were two C-130's (US) parked at the Zihataneho airport. They go down there all the time.

Can you get a better shot of the plane? Nice to see if its a Compas Call, But I do not think it is.....

[edit on 7/12/05 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
These very well could be Immigration C-130s taking a load of illegals back to Mexico. Its not just the military that has these planes.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's about the best picture I've gotten. They're quite high and my zoom lens is 200mm. Perhaps later in the day, they'll be better with the sun hitting them at an angle. Next one should be coming over in about two minutes.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
These very well could be Immigration C-130s taking a load of illegals back to Mexico. Its not just the military that has these planes.

They could be, however, so far they're averaging about 15 minutes between flying over and coming back around halfway (assuming there are two). So that would be about a 30 minute total flight each loop. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to quick to land, load up, take off, fly, land, unload, take off and fly back.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

New picture.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Weird, I compared the pic with several other C-130 pics;

What are those things sticking out? Open cargo doors???

AC-130's only have 105MM & 40MM cannons on the left side of the plane, not both sides...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
oh never mind, I think I already found the answer;

Its an EC-130: www.af.mil...

Electronic warfare

The EC-130H Compass Call is an airborne tactical weapon system using a modified version of the C-130 Hercules airframe. The system prevents successful enemy command and control communications and limits adversary coordination essential for enemy force management. The system also supports tactical air operations, and provides conventional and special operations support to friendly forces.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
EC-130 H Compass Call aircraft

see attached link

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
EC-130, that was what I was going to say, after he posted the better picutres showing the side profile. Interesting that the flights are being conducted in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure that they actually get into Mexico. Assuming I am at about the halfway point in their loop, at a 30 minute round trip they would just barely get to the border 50 miles away (unless I'm doing my calculations wrong)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
so what is this? a electronics warfare mega platform?

i like it alot

i wonder how many of these we have?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They stopped going over at about 3 PM. I'll watch and see if they start tomorrow and at what time.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Drug interdiction most likely, could also be testing new sensors or electronic warfare and jamming equipment on our own border survielance equipment.

The EC-130 "Commando Solo" is an airborne AM/FM/VHF/UHF transmission aircraft. I can't imagine what psyops radio and tv mission we'd be flying near the Mexico border.

The EC-130 "Compass Call" is more likely what is in the area there. They are based out of Davis-Monthan, in AZ., they are with the 41st and 43d Electronic Combat Squadrons.

top topics

join