It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

free downloadable audio books???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
of course i am talking about legal free downloadable audio books

i am looking for:

"the grapes of wrath"

"crime and punishment"

"the razor's edge"

any links would be very helpful to me...

thank you...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I tried Guttenberg and google but they were all payable. Maybe you could use Limewire?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I tried Guttenberg and google but they were all payable. Maybe you could use Limewire?

thanks man...

tried...

but, i did the smart thing, and went to the library and i am getting them soon...

mods, close her up!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Getting that summer "reading" list knocked out early TSA?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Getting that summer "reading" list knocked out early TSA?

heck yes sir...

i am in AP english and i am a senior...

i do not even want to read those books...

o0o well...

i am reading "crime and punishment" right now...

it is good...

are you a student???

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No....I graduated college just a year ago though, so it's kind of like those leftovers that have been in the fridge for a few days.....It's still good, but not for much longer....

I took AP English my senior year though....It was the only AP class of three others that I took that got me any credit in college.....The whole damn semester is a prep course for your AP exam, then when you get to the exam, it covers everything except what you spent your time learning.....

At least with AP English you have the ability to BS your way through "Describe how this poem makes you feel deep down inside - What's the author really trying to say here?"

The guy grading your paper declares you a genius and believes you've clearly indicated an above normal intelligence - He stamps your paper with a 4 and you get to skip two English classes in college....

But at your AP History exam, you’ve got Brainiac Bob, PhD, LsD, tWErP grading them….and b/c you don't know what culture painted a wall 5000 years ago, which now has been duplicated in bathroom frescos all across Turkey.....or what the symbolic nature of a man holding five carrots in one hand and doing shadow puppets with the other in modern pop-art exhibit B, you clearly are not worldly enough nor have the intelligence to let you skip a few history courses.....

I'm ranting though....Aren't I
.....Clearly I was never a fan of standardized testing....lol

Anyways - Back on subject....lol.....AP English taught me the beauty of audio books.....I never used my library card so many times until that course came around.....I mean - I love to read - But it takes me a while to get through a book - I can read a Harry Potter book in one night b/c it's a friggin children's book....(Got the new one – haven’t read it yet – no spoilers damnit!)

But give me The Sound & The Fury and ask me to write a five page paper citing the development of Roy's narration and loss of innocence....And I'm like - Great - Okay....And this will be due by the end of the month right?

“Oooohhhh no you silly boy - This is due four days from now, and I've got ten other books lined up for the next two months!!”

*Big fake smile....But I'm screaming on the inside*

....Have fun TSA - Don't forget to write! HAHAHAHA……HA….Ha….ha

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
niiice post...

yes, i took the U.S history regents this year...

97 baby

and the spanish regents...65 :shk:

i am s000 happy that i have no more spanish anymore though...

good luck in college...

what is you major???

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
good luck in college...

what is you major???

Now now TSA.....Paying attention in an English class is only half the battle....

As noted above:

I graduated college just a year ago

I've graduated......

My major was Anthropology and my minor was German....

Yeah - No clue what I'm gonna do with that just yet.....I figured I'd take another few years and think that one over while I work in an unrelated field and make more money doing what I'm doing now than what I could in a related field.....

*sighs*

Does no good to complain about it all though - I had a blast in college - Everyone else in my family took their time - I wanted to get it over with quick so I could just get a job and move on in life.....People act like choosing the right field for your BA is the most important decision in your life and if you pick the wrong major you'll live a very short and insignificant life shoveling dung on a farm in Kansas....

Yeah - Life goes on folks....A Bachelor's Degree is a major accomplishment, but it's only the front yard to your dreams.....And we all know a few good landscape artists, right?

And that audio book.....Yeah - You listen to that new audio book by - You know.....That one guy? Killer man.....Just amazing....

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

w0w...

i didn't read :shk:

what are you doing as a job now???

also, i didn't get that last line of yours...

could you explain???

thanks...

new topics

top topics

join