It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Copies of 'Half-Blood Prince' Sold Early

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The book was sold to 14 people who snagged a copy of J.K. Rowlings' much anticipated "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," when it landed on shelves last Thursday at a local grocery store.

The book, officially set for release this coming Saturday, has been shrouded in secrecy and its debut has been highly orchestrated to enable everyone -- readers, reviewers, even publishers -- to crack it open all at once. It's the sixth in J.K. Rowling's seven-book fantasy series on the young wizard.

But the store slipped up and sold 14 copies before realizing its mistake.

enjoy you harry potter fans...

i bet you wish you were one of those 14 people :shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just read the story..... how can the judge tell them not to read it? Also how are they gonna monitor them not readign it... doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Just read the story..... how can the judge tell them not to read it? Also how are they gonna monitor them not readign it... doesn't make sense.

well...

i will say, if they read it and spoil the book for everyone by posting it on the internet, nobody will by it...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
if they read it and spoil the book for everyone by posting it on the internet, nobody will by it...

That's not a statement of market realities! The hype about copies sold early is just that, hype.

Who's Harry Potter, anyway? j/k.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Its just a fricken book about a wizard who seems to have relationship problems.
I mean how long will he be in the "friend zone" with Ron/Hermione?!?:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They got signed plaque by Rowling to return the books.

I begged my local seller to let me "borrow" a copy. She laughed at me.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

will say, if they read it and spoil the book for everyone by posting it on the internet, nobody will by it...

I pretty much had a good idea of the "spoilers" going into it... It didn't diminish my enjoyment (or enthusiasm) in reading it one little bit... And, I bought three copies...one for my wife and I (she read it first), and one for each of my step-children. Both of whom ran off to read it as soon as it was in their clutches, hehe....

top topics

join