It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Rambling Roadtrip' Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Is anyone else aware of this program and does anyone else have the same misgivings about it that I do?

Certain churches are putting on a summer program for kids that takes them on a 'Rambling Roadtrip', a virtual tour that begins at their destination, Washington, D.C., and traces back across the country to their church. Last night they were in Chicago, tonight they go to Yellowstone, or something like that. It started Sunday and runs through Thursday.

My concern is this: On the surface it seems innocuous enough, but underneath the 'Rambling Roadtrip' seems to be preparing them to take a real roadtrip, conditioning them to go along quietly on a possible relocation expedition.

I would be a lot more concerned if they were tracing a route to some unrelated section of the country.

It sounds like a wonderful idea for kids. Leave it up to some to see a sinister design behind it.:shk:

If you are truly concerned, yank your kid out of the program.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As if they would up and sightsee in the middle of nowhere! Think it over. Washington DC, the seat of power, the federal government. It is a virtual tour on the obey highway!

Shake your head and roll your eyes all you want, I think you are missing the point of the exercise. When the feds start handing out F's! F's for everyone! Ha Ha!, you may be the first in line, wishing your fairy godparents would wave their wands and get you out of the mess you fairly oddparented your way into.

Btw, if you look at the posting dates, this was last summer, and my ex was bound and determined my son go to VBS.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have to say that kids are pretty resilient, and today's kids are remarkably immune to outside influences, good or bad.

Honestly, I'd be less concerned by a particular program's material than HOW is was delivered.

A lot of you seem to have had negative experiences with boyscouts, which is regrettable. It launched my on a life-long interest in archaeology, and I eventually got graduate degrees, in large part because I was the only one in my cub scout troop who could make a fire using only flint and steel. . . .

I Know the queasy feeling when you wonder whether someone is brainwashing your kid.

Funny how we are much more threatened when it seems religious than when it is obviously secular in intent. Most parents, even religiously active ones, don't even bother to look at the occult and NWO symbolism in children's cartoons.

But my guess is that your son will be exposed to a lot more of such TV "programming" than he will of any religious programming.

So how dangerous is it, in the big picture of influence on your kid???

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I used to attend VBS when I was a kid. Its quite innocous. I didnt go on any road trips, but we still did activities. I think you might be overworrying about nothing. It doesnt seem to have any indicators, even subtle ones, of being a possible cover for FEMA relocation camp indoctrination. In fact, the road trip is a great American institution, a part of our culture that transcends boundaries of race, religon, ect. Going on a road trip with a bunch of people who share your religous beliefs is even better. Still, its your kid, your call. If you feel uneasy, dont do it. There could be a completely different but legit reasons for your unease.

If you dont feel right about it, but still want to do something fun with your kid, why not take him, a couple friends, and their dad on your own mini roadtrip? Doesnt have to be days. Maybe just a weekend spent cruising around wherever you live.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have nothing against the boy scouts, or Bible study either, for that matter. I go to Bible study weekly, and read the Bible daily myself.

I completely agree my son receives a lot more subliminal programming from the cartoons he watches everyday than from the Bible study he does once a week. Moreover, the weekly Bible study is a positive influence.

It was this one program last summer, and the beyond suspicion vector (local church) it came from, that got my guard up, then the thread yesterday about FEMA asking pastors to tell their flocks to obey the government without question brought it back up to me.

My son did come out of it with a fascination for RV's that persists to this day. I suppose if that's the worst that comes of it, I don't have too much to worry about.

Unless the feds start doing relocations and quarantines, and I wouldn't put it past them these days to try.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join