It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Mini-Tomcat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok, ok...I know this is not really a project, but I wanted you plane nuts to see this amazing aircraft. Can you just imagine what could be done in military operations? I could see an entire squad flying as a distraction for enemy ground forces and/or creating fear.

Page opens with embedded .wma file.

www.big-boys.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, I saw this posted on ATS a couple of weeks back and have been trying to find it again to no avail. Heh it's still cached on my comp too lol

Using them as a distraction eh, well on video in the air it looks allot like the real thing(too my untrained eye) but IRL what would it look like is what I'm wondering.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OMG that kicks ass. I love R/C jets. I'd prob crash the damn thing about 2 seconds after getting airborne though. Good find.

Seeing that video reminds me... anyone know any good sites with downloadable/watchable warplane vids? Modern, WWII, airshow and the like. I just can't seem to find any. I particuarly fancy vids of WWII and modern aircraft flying together in formation at airshows.

And Sardion, keep terminating alliance scum for the glory of the Horde.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I hope there is a similar F-22 & Su-27 too. Hopefully the Su-27 can do the cobra.

and are any of these for sale?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've seen a jet F15 model on UK Discovery Home & Leisure; it was a right big model (1/12th?) and looked amazing but the fuel is used very quickly......there was a guy calling out how many seconds left during the flight.

It could get up to approx 250mph, IIRC.

Very nice and all but one of those getting 'lost' doesn';t bear thinking about.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah ive seen these before they are awesome. I never seen one in rl but i guess it would be cool to see.. they cost a few grand because of the model itself and the gas and the parts etc like someone said if you get one get ready to drop a lot of cash for gas because of the two engines.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
that is friggin awesome!!!

i want one too!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
img.villagephotos.com...
img.villagephotos.com...
img.villagephotos.com...
img.villagephotos.com...
img.villagephotos.com...

IIRC the one behind the Hornet is painted up in Edwards AFB colors and is the F-15 ACTIVE.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah there nice, but a real tomcat and raptor in flight is something that a model can never replicate (yes, I have seen both)

Also, i think that he should repaint it in Jolly Rodgers colors

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ah yes, that was so awesome! Complete with Top Gun reference too. Notice on the tail it says "USS Enterprise", thats the carrier from Top Gun. And believe it or not I've been on the Big E myself, and damn it's awesome. Sure is a shame the real things are being retired, to think the Advanced Tomcat program could have assured US naval air dominance for another decade or two. Still that was so awesome, that videos getting bookmarked.

new topics

top topics

join