It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Terror Arrests Follow After Bus Bomber is Identified.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
The explosives were not home made, they were thought to be C4 or RDX right?

You can make C4 at home if you know how. That's all I'll say on that subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
lol, no offence intended astronomer.

Bad example for the states there

But Paki is just a shortened form of Pakistani, Like a Scot is a shortened form of Scottish.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
lol, no offence intended astronomer.

Bad example for the states there

But Paki is just a shortened form of Pakistani, Like a Scot is a shortened form of Scottish.

Actually, as I pointed out above, it is not.

Definition of the term Paki is as follows; "Used as a disparaging term for a person from Pakistan or neighboring countries or for the descendant of such a person."

disparaging "often insulting or vulgar speech about another person or group.".

It's not a nice term, never has been or will be.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by Odium]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes guys, there are tons of Asians in Scotland and i've never seen a white Pakistani in my life, which is why i'm saying the odds weren't stacked in their favour, it's not a very common thing, and if you say it is, your talking out your backside.

How many black Scottish people do you see walking about, and i don't mean people who have moved here and been granted citizenship, i mean bog standard british people, most of us are white, would you agree? Yes.

I'm not going to get into a racial debate about how i'm a racist because i'm not, ask many of my Asian friends, they will be happy to correct you.

The lads at school i was mates with took the term paki with a pinch of salt, as soon as people start debating about whether it's offensive or not is the time people need to lighten up.

It's a shortened form of the word Pakistani, no matter it's origins or what it's supposed to mean, at the end of the day it's a shortened form and should not be taken offensively.

I feel we are going off on a side issue, and i do not want to fuel a debate about racism because i am far from a racist.

You can follow up this conversation is another forum if you like, with someone else, because it is becoming daft.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Update, reported on fox
there is a terror alert at the parliment building. all entrances and exits have been closed. will add link once i can find it

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Odium, I remember the police saying that it was high explosives that was used in the attacks. And that it wasnt stuff you could make at home.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Update, reported on fox
there is a terror alert at the parliment building. all entrances and exits have been closed. will add link once i can find it

well, im watching parliament live now (on the BBC parliament channel) and it doesnt look like they have been told or informed.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The one that was reporting from skynet. (sister stations)
They have reported it twice but as yet there is no link that I can provide.
Lo Siento.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Nice post Nygdan--very thought provoking.

I meant that as a compliment related to your earlier posting.

Originally posted by Nygdan

To say its a 'near immpossible coincidence' that they found them days after they started looking is preposterous.

When I said it was damn fine police work, I meant exactly that--I wasn't being sarcastic. The above quote, which you included me in, was not my posting.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Lo Siento.

BBC website is reporting it, but said "more to come"...
have to wait and see

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lo Siento.

Kenshiro, eres Español o no?

Si no, porque el "lo siento" al final

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Odium, I remember the police saying that it was high explosives that was used in the attacks. And that it wasnt stuff you could make at home.

High Explosives
These are normally employed in mining, demolitions and military warheads. They undergo detonation at rates of 1,000 to 8,500 meters per second. High explosives are conventionally subdivided into two classes and differentiated by sensitivity:

Original or Primary. These are extremely sensitive to shock, friction, and heat. They will burn rapidly or detonate if ignited.
Secondary or Base. These are relatively insensitive to shock, friction, and heat. They may burn when ignited in small, unconfined quantities; detonation occurs otherwise. These are sometimes added to a primary in a small amount in a blasting cap to increase the cap's power.
Some definitions add a third category:

Tertiary, also called blasting agents. These are so insensitive to shock that they cannot be detonated by practical quantities of primary explosive, and instead require an intermediate explosive booster of secondary explosive. Some examples would be T.N.T.(trinitrotoluene), RDX, or HMX. These can usually fit into the Secondary group.
Note that some explosive materials can fall into no specific category, according to how they are initiated. For example, nitrocellulose deflagrates if ignited, but detonates if initiated by a strong detonator.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just trust me, I'm not going to explain nor post links which do, but any of those high-explosives lister there, can be made if you know what to buy. A friend of mine whose living is knowing such things sat down and explained it to me about 3 or so years ago.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Me viví en España por cuatro años en Camarma de estrellas es un ciudad oeste de Alcala

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed there is an ongoing security alert at the Palace of Westminster.
The BBC understands that only MPs and peers can enter the building, but people are being allowed to leave.

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That ongoing security alert at Westminster is a false alarm as quoted on Sky News channel just now.

Not sure if this has ben posted yet......could'nt see it but they've found explosives in the car at Luton and are checking another car in another location....heres the link.

www.sky.com...

What i am waiting on is the details of what exactly they have found at the house in Leeds. On Sky News earlier they already stated it was a "bomb factory" of sorts which is fair enough and that they did a controlled explosion, however just now on the telly the head of the anti terrorist department stated that the investigating police at the property were dealing with certain "materials" that they needed to be sure were'nt putting the public at risk.

I just hope they are talking about explosives! If they are i wish they'd say EXPLOSIVES and not just "materials".....can get people a little worried that sort of talk can.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If true that police have identified a bomber because his family enquired after him then it just goes to show what a bunch of rat brains these people are.
Why could'nt Mr terrorist say he was going on a holiday for a weeks before the bombings even happend. It would'nt have to be true, and they would'nt have to say "on holiday to Dim Laden camp".
In addition to doing the anti war cause no favours, giving Bush another reason to bang on about "the threat from terrorism" and Blair an excuse to push identity cards these people get caught within less than a week.

If true the stupidity of these people is more powerful than the force of their bombs.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'd say you have to be pritty stiff lipped and smart to not slip up to people you live in the same house with about something as big as this.

Quite the opposite of ratbrained.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
thematrix,
by that logic then the family members of these suicide bombers should also be arrested as being accomplices since they did not warn the police goverment etc what these idiots were planing / thinking of doing.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

thematrix,
by that logic then the family members of these suicide bombers should also be arrested as being accomplices since they did not warn the police goverment etc what these idiots were planing / thinking of doing.

text book answer kenshiro2012

the police may think the family are apart of a cell

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
Odium.

I'm from Scotland and people call us Scots.

and what would you call english people? sassenachs?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join