It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam 'never killed Kurds.'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Oh, by the way..if Saddam's lawyer is admitting Saddam had WMD, does that not justify the basis of Bush Jr.'s waged war? That was his claim - that Saddam had or does have WMD - and Saddam's lawyer is admitting it.

So, if he did have WMD, then why do people still deny this? Even his lawyer said so. =/

-wD

Thanks BTW... be careful...

as to this issue...
It looks like they are denying ever having WMD... and blaming it all on the Iranians...
Did I read wrong?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

as posted by LazarusTheLong
Did I read wrong?

No, LazarusTheLong, that was just one impression I got from reading the article. There are a number of others, but specifically defending Saddam from the Crimes against humanity charge.

seekerof

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wait a miniute.......if the US gave the stuff to Saddam, would that not be aiding a Terrorist....like they say now.....

If I sell TNT to someone they use it to Kill people I would be helping them NO?

That's how I see it,

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
give me the info where it says that he used American made helicopters as platforms to diperse the gas on the Kurds please?

www.google.com...

I would also reccomend this little handy function, with the terms "crop Spraying Helicopters"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is the same lawyer that stepped down tho, no? The head of his defense team? ALso, this is not the legal defense that they are mounting, its just him talking to the papers. More likely hussein's defense will be that his officers did it without his consent.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
If I sell you a hammer, it's not my fault if you beat someone to death with it.

You can HARDLY call a "Hammer" this entire List of Biological Weapons:

1) Saccharomyces cerevesiae(ATCC2601)
Batch #08-28-08 (1each)
2) Salmonella choleraaesuis subsp.
choleraesuis Serotype typhi(ATCC656539)
Batch #06-86S(1each)
3) Bacillus subtillus(ATCC 6633)
Batch #10-85(2 each)
4) Klebsiella pneumoniae subsp. pneumoniae(ATCC 10031)
Batch # 08-13-80 (1 each)
5) Escherichia coli (ATCC 10536)
Batch # 04-09-80 (1 each)
6) Bacillus cereus (11778)
Batch #05-85SSV (2 each)
7) Staphylococcus epidermidis (ATCC 12228)
Batch #11-86S (1 each)
8) Bacillus purnilus(ACTT 14884)
Batch #09-08-20 ( 2 each)

1) Bacillus anthracis (ATCC 240)
Batch #05-14-63 (3 each) Class III pathogen
2) Bacillis anthracis(ATCC 3629
Batch #1963 (3 each) Class III pathogen
3) Clostridium perfringens (ATCC 3629)
Batch # 10-23-85 (3 each)
4) Bacillis anthracis (ATCC 9014)
Batch # 05-11-66 ( 3 each) Class III pathogen
5) Clostridium botulinum Type A
Batch # 07-86 (3 each) Class III pathogen
6) Bacillus cereus (ATCC 33018)
Batch # 04-83 (3 each)
11) Bacillus ceres (ATCC 33019)
Batch # 03-88 ( 3 each)

groups.msn.com...

When You sell Somebody THESE Kind of "Stuff" you KNOW he is Up to no Good.

[edit on 12/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Highly misunderstood. The US did give Biological weapons to Iraq, its no secret, and media doesn't try to hide it.

But since the US is the most Bashed nation on this thread, its widely believed that we were the ONLY ones to give weapons.

en.wikipedia.org...

Iraq's army was primarily armed with weaponry it had purchased from the Soviet Union and its satellites in the preceding decade.

During the war, it purchased billions of dollars worth of advanced equipment from the Soviets and the French [1], as well as from the People's Republic of China, Egypt, Germany, and other sources (including European facilities for making and/or enhancing chemical weapons). Germany [2] along with other Western countries (among them United Kingdom, France, Italy, and the United States) provided Iraq with biological and chemical weapons and the precursors to nuclear capabilities.

Much of Iraq's financial backing came from other Arab states, notably oil-rich Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

so lets keep things on a fair and balanced level.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is actually True..

The gass's used on Haljabala were gas's that only IRAN held at the time.
And this village wasnt thought to be just a sleep town, it was a military checkpoint at one stage.

I never saw the logic in saddam gassing his own people, especialyl when the town was THAT far from the capital, and there were lpenty of other villages opposed to his rule that he could of gas'd in stead.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Kurds aren't his own people. They're probably the second most hated people in the ME. Dropping gas on them would be no big deal for Saddam to do. Especially if he could get his hands on something that "only the Iranians had" and could set them up for it. If the Iranians were going to drop gas on a town in Iraq there were probably quite a few better targets to choose from than some out of the way Kurdish villiage.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Actually he did NOT gas them the U.S. War Cooldge also concluded back in 1990 that Iran did it. www.vialls.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So the US gave Sadam chemichal weapons. Does it really matter how he kills people. What about all those people that were/are being found in mass graves. They are dead too. Maybe they were only shot in the head or something like that with guns sold by the West. Does the method of death really matter? All we know is that guy killed his own citizens for some outrageous manic reason.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Outrageous maniac reasons's is what Bushy wushy want's u to believe

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
WHOOPS! Gee, It looks like the mouthy libs were right in the '90's, and President Bush is now exonerated for "going to war over WMD's in Iraq"!

Heck, even Souljah says it's true!

God Bless the USA

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Stop rubbing your eyes. Yep, you read it right.

According to Saddam's lawyer, it was Iran that "murdered" tens of thousands of Kurds in 1988.

Wow... does Saddam still have the same lawyer he had in the 80's? He made the exact same argument!

Back then, his lawyer was Richard Fairbanks, of the law firm Paul, Hastings, Janofsky, and Walker. Of course, Richard Fairbanks was President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East right before he accepted Saddam as a client. Fairbanks went on to consult Bush, Sr. as a foreign policy expert during his election campaign. Many ATS'ers may recognize Fairbanks as a frequent FOX News consultant.

Yep, with the blessings of Reagan and friends, Fairbanks, Rumsfeld, and various other familiar and not-so-familiar names helped persuade congress and the UN that Iran was responsible for the gassing, not Iraq, so it was OK to keep supplying Saddam with dual-use technologies.

And to anyone who thinks the dual-use technologies were intended for anything other than making poison gas, the record speaks for itself. Iraq refrained from using Tabun until the first Iranian offensive right after Rumsfelds Feburary 1984 visit.

I wonder if the GOP will be filing an amicus brief for the defendant? My guess is certain portions of Saddam's trial will not be televised.

It's a shame we weren't so incredulous at those arguments back then.

-koji K.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Saddam Killed Kurds with Nerve Gas, Supplied by the Reagan Administration.

Uh, no, the Reagan administration did not equip Hussein with nerve gas. Another myth that seems to be perpetuated by those who wish to stack charges.

They did, however, give him biological agents, such as Botulism-causing toxins, for "medical purposes", I believe.

Sorry, fellow Reagan admirers; he, like everyone else, was not perfect.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sopaydodger,

it matters a fair bit actually...

IF more and more and more proof comes out Saddam DIDNT gas his own ppl,

Then really, he's on the same par as places such as Iran, Great Brittan, Germany and so forth.
Being they all used a form of CW or BW in war time.
The Us is just one notch above all these countries though, being they used NW.

Mass graves done really proove or mean anything.
I bet there are many many more bodies lying under the soil in other countries..

Slowly bit by bit its going to become apparant that everything u heard on Iraq was a lie,

unfortunately the ones who started this whole debarcle of a mess will never be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All these bacteria species were available for sale to practically any country for research purposes...there was no law against it at the time. Saddam ordered them from the research labs and they sold them.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yeah, that may have been so, Mr. Johnston, and I realize that it is silly to try and armchair quarterback the admin who ended the Cold War for us, but was Hussein the best guy to be giving such items to?
I mean, we supported the guys in Afghanistan when they were bleeding the Soviets, but we didn't give them the makings for special weapons, did we?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
According to Saddam's lawyer, it was Iran that "murdered" tens of thousands of Kurds in 1988.

I give this the same amount of credit as the following:

Michael Jackson never fondled the children or got them drunk. He just slept in the same bed.

OJ didn't kill Nicole, it was a concidence that her blood was found in his house, bloody gloves were on his property, he hid a knife in Chicago (I think that was where), and his blood was all over the muder scene.

Give me a break!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
All these bacteria species were available for sale to practically any country for research purposes...there was no law against it at the time. Saddam ordered them from the research labs and they sold them.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

Nice try DJ, but your mitigations are pointless in light of the fact that it was the US government specificly that sold them the credits to import these chemical and biological precursors, not private companies. And yes other companies were doing business, but were the ones supporting Iraq and Iran at the same time while they killed each other, war profiteering at it's finest, and to beat it all, it wasn't even our war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join