It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an "Area 51" type base for Ships??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have been wondering if the US Navy has any Top Secret sea bases/ports for testing secret ships and submarines at sea. I ran three searches (ATS, Google, and Yahoo!) and all I have found is listing for Air Bases like NAS Fallon, and NAS Mirimar. I know they have tested secret ships, such as the Lockheed Sea Shadow. This would lead me to think that there should be a Secret Port for ships and subs somewhere near the coast. However, I can't find anything. Does a Top Secret base for US Naval ships exist? If so, where can I Find info on it?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now that is a great question, fair play. Ive never heard of this, and to be honest youve sparked my interest!!

They may have some kind of big rig out in the ocean somewhere that they test off of. Somewhere where the Russkies wont find out.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As stated by Zanzibar, good question. I must admit it never entered my mind before. I think it would be so much easier to have a secret sea port and air port. Think about it, most of the new, stealthy boats have been small. Small enough in some cases to be carried in a larger ship. And I am sure the Navy has a large number of coastal caves they could pick from to hide their new 'toys' from prying eyes.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have heard that they still used Midway Island, and a couple of other Islands out in the middle of the South Pacific, who knows?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is a list of United States naval shipwards:

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just thought of something!! If I am not mistaken, Area 51 was owned by Naval Intelligence, not exactly a navy base, but hey!!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What an excellent question.

What I'd think is possibly they have a base in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle. lol Not likely, but hey!, it's an idea.

I'll look more into this, thanks for giving me something to do now other than work

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Actually, this is a common sense question when you think about it (no insult intended here). There are of course secret areas where they tests ships, etc. There has to be as they need to test the things in real environments and then under real life stress (although mock) situations. This being said there then must be secret ports in order to launch.
Also if it is truely top secret (which they should be), then you can not expect to find it on a Google search. If it was that easy then our "enemies" spies would be all over it all, you know?
Also remember that something (when it comes to our military) is "top secret", in most cases that is a good thing...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
actually, i see a sea shadow like boat docking at rudee inlet in chesapeake VA everyday almost some sort of RCS testbed. Also secret naval bases are reported in the UK owned by the US, midway, and another place which i cant remember the name but its something atoll. all US operated.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Phantom, what you say is my point. If there are bases that are reported as being secret and there is proof of them, then they are really not a secret, right. Now, if there are known bases that are supposed to be secret, then there are bound to be bases that are actually secret that are kept that way, secret.
Also "secret" craft need to be tested in "secret" areas, so that is just common sense really. Otherwise we might as well just tell spies from other countries what we are testing anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
there is probably a secret base on a large lake somewhere. maybe one of the great lakes??

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was digging on the Topic of possible location for a secret base for ships, and I came across a roumor of a Phantom Island, somewhere in the Pacific (I think) that doesn't show up on maps. I looked for something to confirm or despute this Roumor/Story, but came back empty handed!

Has anyone else ever heard of anything like this? If so, could this be the mystery base for ships? Does anyone Know anything about this story and how I can find out if there is anything to it?

Tim

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Really good point made there ghost. I've been wondering recently if naval warfare is as important as it used to be, are the government investing in this area as much as they used to?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Very interesting question - and I would have to assume if we can think it the answer is most likely yes!

It's funny because when I saw Sky Captain a little while back I was intrigued by the fictional mobile English sea and air base depicted in the film.

I would think the open ocean would be a good place to test reverse engineered craft discretely (maybe not hidden from Russia - but I think most people believe Russia - being the only othe substantial space power - is a major player in the UFO cover up as well)

Any whistleblowers care to comment?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have heard about a Navy base in Henderson, NV

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would think with ships they could use an older platform to test new technology with advertising they are doing so. For instance if they want to test a new Sonar they could mount it to an old supply ship to see what it will do without draing attention.

What about sub bases where the subs can enter the base underwater and then surface to prevent sattelites or spy planes from photographing them? Does the US have any sub bases like that?

I know the Germans had U boat bunker bases like the ones at Lorient and St. Nazaire like this picture

new topics

top topics

join