It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luton train station closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Breaking news! from BBC24

A Car that is wanted in connection with the bombings on London, has been found in a car park, police are checking out the car now.

The surrounding area has been closed off

[edit on 12-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Metropoliton police conform

that there is operation going on at Luton and that the car is a link.

The investigation is now made a break through, i feel the intelligence for this may have come from one of the homes searched. But the Met will not comment.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What bothers me on this is that they are only closing the Luton station.
They may have found one of the suspect cars there but.... who drove it there????
Think about it! The driver may well be on their way to any number of stations.
Here is a listing of the various stations that are on that line:
Luton station is on the Thameslink Line, running from Bedford to King's Cross Thameslink and then through London and on to Brighton.

Stations on this line include:
Bedford (57 minutes to King's Cross)
Flitwick (48 minutes to King's Cross)
Harlington (44 minutes to King's Cross)
Leagrave (38 minutes to King's Cross)
Luton (34 minutes to King's Cross)
Luton Airport Parkway (32 minutes to King's Cross)
Harpenden (26 minutes to King's Cross)
St Albans (20 minutes to King's Cross)
Radlett (26 minutes to King's Cross)
Elstree and Borehamwood (22 minutes to King's Cross)
Mill Hill Broadway (18 minutes to King's Cross)
Hendon (15 minutes to King's Cross)
Cricklewood (11 minutes to King's Cross)
West Hampstead Thameslink (9 minutes to King's Cross)
Kentish Town (5 minutes to King's Cross)
London Kings Cross Thameslink
Lunton Train Station

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Agreed, ive been thinking that they might have dumped the car and left or could be on the verge of another attack. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
update:
sky news ..police have reveled that one of the suspects in the bombing of the no30 bus in tavistock sq was killed in the blast, this is a direct link to information found at one of the houses in leeds raids this morning, also in the same riads there was information that led them to close off luton station in search of the car they suspect was used in ferrying one or all of the bombers>

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have a pretty bad feeling about these developments, apparently police used controlled explosion the gain entry to a house in leeds, (maybe they thought it was boodytrapped). this has led to further leads which this i think is one of.

I can see the spanish scenario playing out as we speak, could be a further attack by the perps. they blew themselves up in an apartment to evade the police. is this going to happen in london also, maybe but i hope not, I pray there are no more deaths in tracking down and prosecuting these people who carried out the attack.

Davy G

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spymaster
update:
sky news ..police have reveled that one of the suspects in the bombing of the no30 bus in tavistock sq was killed in the blast, this is a direct link to information found at one of the houses in leeds raids this morning, also in the same riads there was information that led them to close off luton station in search of the car they suspect was used in ferrying one or all of the bombers>

Crap dude! BBC 24 havent got this up yet.

thanks for that spymaster

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davy G
I have a pretty bad feeling about these developments, apparently police used controlled explosion the gain entry to a house in leeds, (maybe they thought it was boodytrapped). this has led to further leads which this i think is one of.

I can see the spanish scenario playing out as we speak, could be a further attack by the perps. they blew themselves up in an apartment to evade the police. is this going to happen in london also, maybe but i hope not, I pray there are no more deaths in tracking down and prosecuting these people who carried out the attack.

Davy G

davy, i think there could be a number of reasons why the police ''used explosives '' to gain entry into one of the houses.
first i would suspect is, is a very very small device known as a 'lock-blower' and is not actually an explosive but more a pump-up type 'jimmy' whcih when it gets to its full extent it release air that has beenpumped thru it
would make more of a hissing sound than a bang tho. this gives the ploice more-or-less immidiate entry to a property rather than standing outside for minutes trying to knock the door in.
and i would expect that suprise would be their number one tool, i think that 2 sisters were at the property at the time (cant confirm this ) but neither or anyone else has been arrested.
both the sisters are british nationals of pakistan decent.
i personally dont think it was one of the terrorist scum who blew themselves up rather than get arrested (but this is my veiw).

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The car is currently being searched.

they are hoping to reopen the station with in 30 minutes

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
number of arrests have been made in yorkshire according to scotland yard. This is being reported on foxnews as well as cnn and skynet

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just in..

Controlled explosion at Luton, i dont know what on, but its probably the car

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Trouble with being on their trail is the bombers know their time is numbered, so what do they do? You guessed it blow some more people up, probably along with themselves as well, no doubt they dont want to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just breaking a 2nd controlled explosion has been carried out at luton train station,

also I just heard Bomber Died in the bus attack , this brought info which pointed to the houses in leads which in turn have lead to luton station.

not sure how this is going to playout.

Davy G

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I fear that the more people see about these "Controlled Explosions" the more paranoia is going to spread. Of course, If I didn't know what was going on I'd be the first to complain, but I think the less intellectual types seeing these things are going to be getting frightened and angry, just by the fact that different places keep getting shut down and searched and having controlled explosions. They are going to be thinking "we could be next!" and getting scared.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
number of arrests have been made in yorkshire according to scotland yard. This is being reported on foxnews as well as cnn and skynet

Yep

BBC 24 has it now, i believe the bomber on the bus is a suicide bomber now, its been confirmed he died

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
sorry if i was unclear, first controlled explosion at luton, but second today, first being in leeds,

I know this is only evolving and we will not know the outcome yet, but I do hope it is possitive and they capture the perps.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sky news is saying that all four bombers died, there is going to be a Met press conference/press release soon.

new topics

top topics

join