It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guinness Recognizes NASA's X-43A Scramjet Speed Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
if this was posted somewhere before go ahead and delete it mods

well there u have it Guinness is saying this bad boy has the new speed record for jet powered aircraft

my question is this::: if they are saying the x43a won the speed record...why wont they declassify the SR71's top speed????
*i think it was originally the RS71 but LBJ got it backwards *

honestly the thing is twice as old as I am ; they might as well tell us how fast it can go ***im 24***

its great news tho! go scramjets

heres a link to where i got this information
www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

what a fire trail eh?
go hyperX!

heres a pic of a mockup of the hyperX

and heres a pic of the same place from a different angle

that x34 on the right is really awesome tho; the future of spaceflight sure looks sweet with stuff like this ! its purty

edit :: one Q :: why does the mock up of the hyperX look different than the full sized version?? the pic on top looks alot different *maybe its just the perspective?? anyone know why? did i mix up my pics or something? lol

[edit on 12-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I’m still trying to get Guinness to recognize my wife as the fastest living organism on the planet. I swear she breaks the sound barrier each time Coach has a sale. I suspect she may be a contender for fastest expenditure of money as well…

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

edit :: one Q :: why does the mock up of the hyperX look different than the full sized version?? the pic on top looks alot different *maybe its just the perspective?? anyone know why? did i mix up my pics or something? lol

[edit on 12-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

Sorry to bring this up again, just browsing and thought I may as well clear it up. The picture shown includes the rocket booster. The engine design of the Hyper-X required a high speed for it to start and work. In order to get it to these speeds and to the optimal altitude the Hyper-X was attached to a rocket booster which in turn was attached to NASA's B-52. The rocket was dropped, ignited and took the Hyper-X up to speed and altitude when the Hper-X (the black bit you had a pic of) detached and accelerated using its Hydrogen powered engine. When finished both pieces fell into the ocean and was never recovered.

new topics

join