It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Dejavu?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
To me Deja Vu is that I have dreamed it and then down the road it happens even though I don't remember dreaming it until it actually happens...I have a lot of deja vu moments, my grandma use to tell me that they were insights into the future and it is my job to try to recall the dreams BEFORE they become reality so that I may be able to do something about it, such as give warning, as most of my deja vu involves someone dying or getting hurt, or something that can be prevented...I also have a great sixth sense, I always seem to get a feeling if something bad is going to happen...I haven't figured out how to train my brain to remember more of my dreams yet though

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Within the past two months, there have been three different occasions in which I have been somewhere I dreamed about. these occasions were trivial in nature and I have not had this happen before or after. The places this occurred, I could not have been to before. Kind of makes you wonder!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DAF

in the movie the matrix, they explain it as a glitch. somebody changed somethin. if you have it again just pay close attention to your thoughts

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm trying to follow this, but where do dreams fall into the definition of Deja Vu?

I have dreams (For many years I have called the Prophetic Dreams) that show glimpses of the future, of course I don't know that when I have them. I actually write down every single dream I can remember when I wake up. I don't believe these have to do with Deja-vu because the whole Idea of Deja-vu is that something has happened before. These dreams are "going to happen". The strangest ones are when I am speaking to a person that I feel like I know (in the dream) but in real life have never met. Then, weeks and sometimes even months later, the sequence will happen in real life.

Usually something important (in my life) will happen shortly after one of these dreams occurs.

One of the strangest ones I have EVER had:
I was working on a golf course and on my coffee break. I was arguing with a co-worker about a remodeling project I was doing in my attic. He insisted that it was safe to cut into a rafter to run electrical outlets. That was on September 6th 2001. The next day, I went over the back side of a particularly steep tee with a mower. I remembered the conversation I had with the superintendent over the two way radio was also from a dream. On September 10th 2001, I was driving home on my motorcycle and was cut off by a Plymouth Horizon and ended up under the stupid lady's car. I remember calling this lady every name in the book for being such an idiot and cutting me off. We all know what happened the next day.

I didn't have a feeling that it happened before, I knew I had dreamed the events. I suggest that anyone who has has this occur should try keeping a journal of their dreams. Then when something happens, compare to the dreams in your journal. There so far isn't a code that I can see, and honestly I'm not looking for one. I am, however, thinking that there is a purpose for these dreams that if we can identify them before hand, we can use them for our advantage.

My latest ones have been omens. Had 3 or 4 happen in a 3 day period. Then my wife was hospitalized with a massive blood clot. Luckily she is okay. I DO hold strong to the idea that if I had not had those dreams occur, I may have agreed to wait on getting medical attention. In which case, she would be dead because those dreams made me think something bad was going to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Having experienced dejavu on a couple of occasions , my best guess is that its simply visiting places in the waking world that you have been to while dreaming.(obe)

[edit on 16-2-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I've experienced this for twelve years. As I've gotten older, it doesn't happen nearly as often. There are certain mornings though, where I wake up remembering a dream (nothing important), or a certain part of it. Sure enough, it becomes Deja-Vu.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join