It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Dejavu?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Pherhaps there is a multi-verse an the moment you have dejavu all the "other" you's are doing the exact same thing and the same exact moment. ????

Maybe it is a signal that when you have dejavu you are on the right path in your life, and if you are not having it you need to change your life??

IMO

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Dragonfire, i really do not see where dejevue having anything to do with being on the wrong or right path in life makes any sense. I'm not trying to be mean, i just don't see where you are making that connection?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAF
Malai5

Interesting. So you say that it is not really science that has it's hand in dejavu.
That's good news. Parallel lives. I like the sound of that. So you said that in addition to my life I am living another life at the very same moment. Past life would be another time that has elapsed. Parallel implies both on the same path both or in opposites traveling in 180 degrees perfectly opposite each other (that should be the mathematical description of parallel objects). So 2 present lifes. How would we go about proving this? That it does exists.

If this is so then my master plan, (scary, howling laugh: hoo ha ha) sorry back on point, my master plan to try and utilise dejavu as a means of seeing the future (for good only)(hoo ha ha), sorry, should come true

If there are really parallel lives then surely there must be a way that we can intergrate with the other life seeing that it is intergrating with ours in the form of dejavu.

I'm glad to see alot of comments about this unique phenomenon that we all experience at some point in our lives. So thank you!

No back to work. These humans are pretty messy creatures. Look what I have to attend to.

Hi DAF

Remember, a parallel life IS linked to "this" life. What you do in this "life", has an effect on the "other", ALL other "lives" and vise versa.
If you realise that there is really no time, all that is occurring when you experience Deja Vu, is just like the dream state, except of much shorter duration.
Dreams can be "other" parallel life experiences, especially those that are lucid and just like living a life.
Just like in this waking "life", you are not aware that you may be somewhere else, sleeping, at the same time.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi guys, about Deja Vu again?

- - -

As "some believe" that Deja Vu is a glimp of our true, normal state of mind, when we see the future, as good as we remember the past.

It is when you walk down the street and suddenly, for a split second, fall into a very interesting, sleepy, state of mind - you know that it has already happened. You "remember" that once you go around the corner, you would see that and that. You go around the corner and see it.

If we look at it with a more open mind... let's try remembering what this Deja Vu feels, or better how time feels during Deja Vu.

While in the state of Deja Vu, time feels like there are no "past", "now" or "future", but only one long... time.

If we try remembering ourselves at the age of 2 or 3, I believe we felt time different then we do now. It felt more like it does in the state of Deja Vu, rather then normal "past", "now" and "future", didn't it?

Now the most interesting part-
Some people believe that there is such thing as "intuitive thinking", it is when you "remember" what will happen within an hour, as good as what has happened an hour ago.

That everybody is born with that kind of thinking, only when not used, it perishes at the age of 3 - 4. The part of brain responsible for it falls asleep.

Yet from time to time it awakens and asks if anybody needs it - this is what we call Deja Vu.

"These are pieces of your Divine possibilities. This is your fading memory of paradise, from which you dropped into this life. It is when you, in a life-long agony, for split seconds come to the senses and see the world in reality.

Understood the hint? Had just hinted you where is and how to get your pity billion, if you consider, that all happiness lies in money.

Now, not by accident, has spilled the beans about the main thing - about where to find answers to all your " why? ", " what to do when...? ", " how to be at... ", " how to act at... ". Continue yourself. "

Now seriously, if one man once can get, maybe by accident, into a state of mind where he "remembers" the future, it means that he can do it again, maybe even on purpose. And if one can do it, another also can do it. And if one can "see" 2 minutes into the future, why couldn't he "see" 5 or 10 minutes? Or, let's say, an hour, day or month? Imagine what would be your possibilities then?

- - -

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi Bratok

I do understand that we "Intuitively Think" and that this type of "thinking" comes from what I call the Higher Self Mind, normally associated with the unconscious mind, but as I understand, far from unconscious.

We do not lose this Intuitive ability (thought) but rather it is overlaid by the 3d conscious learned process of thinking.
Take away the learned 3d process and there it is. Intuition uncovered in all it's glory.
It's a process to do this, but no more difficult than the process by which it was covered up in the first place.
Your intuitive Higher Self mind, (the unconscious one) operates all the time and you don't realise it. If it didn't you would not survive your 3d life, as it is an early warning device, among other things. There have been experiments that proved this.

The nearest comparrison to it in the 3d life is say, breathing. You do not think to breathe, it just occurs. If you had to think about it, you would die, because you wouldn't consciously think about breathing.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I started to percieve the ideas of multiverses after reading Michael Chrichton's "Timeline", a novel which uses multiversal travel as the backbone of the plot. I find this theory of quantum physics to be quite plausible.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When I was younger, I had my own theory on it: Just assume that time is running in circles (like the Hindu people do), it's only normal that you experience the whole life over and over again. I mean big scales, after some billion years or so, and not only one (or this) life, but all of your incarnations. Connected with science it means every new big bang (after the end of the old universe) causes exactly the same constellations of atoms and particles over the times, and your spiritual body, your soul (you name it...) sometimes remembers.
But I also like the theory of the infinite universes. Infinity means it's also possible that there is a parallel universe that only differs in the state of a few atoms, means it is very similar to ours (as well as there are infinite universes totally different). If we are somehow connected (and maybe the timescale of those universes are slightly different or time is not important at all), you experience the same thing as you did just a little time ago in a different universe (time in the human sense):
But since I hade some deja vus in completely strange countries I also like the idea that it's only pattern recognition. People have a finite way of acting, sometimes totally different people are doing or saying the same or in the same sense, so you recognize it as something you've already experienced.
I don't have an ultimate answer of course, but I like that thing (even if it's sometimes only drug-induced) and won't miss it, because it shows me there are still a lot of things we can't explain, and may never be able to.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by new_falcon_XXI]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Imo deja vu is a glitch.See i believe that this universe is nothing but a computer generated simulation and everything is already written cuz if you have played games then the entire story is already written and that is why people believe in astrology. SO actually we are technically repeating our life we see,hear etc.My defination of deja vu is that something which has already happened but has not happened in real time but will happen.It is very complicated but it has to do with the matrix philosophy.The matrix movies have generally been taken form the hindu religion.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"The Matrix" has worked as disinformation wether it meant to or not. The "Glitch" theory could well be correct, or partially, but sadly I and many others just wince as soon as the words "glitch" and "matrix" make their way into the same paragraph. Wether the film holds any validity whatsoever or not, It will always conjure up images of a bender in a leather jacket running up walls and avoiding bullets. And I never held Platos philosophies in high regard before the film, so in conclusion I disagree.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
experience Deja Vu very frequently. I think we just don't understand time and sequencing of events as much as we think we do. I don't see a need to "break" Deja Vu. I've not broken it many times and have been just fine. In fact, in a lot of ways I've come to appreciate it as a humbling experience. I don't understand and that's alright by me.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
experience Deja Vu very frequently. I think we just don't understand time and sequencing of events as much as we think we do. I don't see a need to "break" Deja Vu. I've not broken it many times and have been just fine. In fact, in a lot of ways I've come to appreciate it as a humbling experience. I don't understand and that's alright by me.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
chebob it's not your fault.I am a hindu so it is easier for me to believe in real unreal world and matrix philosophy as it is taken from my religion.IF i were a christen it would be easier for me to believe in hell and heaven.But one thing i will add is that science in the end would agree that the entire universe\omniverse is an illusion as quatam theory also proves it and the sanskrit word for illusion is MAYA.Maya is also a popular 3d cg program.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, I'm no christian, though I do believe in God, and I tend to only believe in science for the most basic of things. In general, Science can only go so far before reaching a brick wall - and behind that brick wall is the most important facts, the real laws of physics and the universe. Science is just humanitys way of staying sane.

IMO.

Let's agree to disagree, I'm biased because I cannot take "Matrix" theories seriously, just like so many millions cannot take the theory of God seriously, it's just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree with the paralell universe theory.
Well since all humans have a life energy and since energy cannot be destroyed then our life keeps going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What if the deja-vu feeling lasts 10 minutes?

When i have deja-vu its almost like im in slow motion, so what im saying is if there was someway to induce a deja-vu wouldnt it be useful for military if you could make it last more than 5 minutes?

It seems its some sort of higher sense to what you are experiencing.

And i know its electrical impulses firing that makes you believe that you have already experienced whatever your experiencing before but your senses and mind seem more pronounced while you are experiencing deja-vu.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I suffer from alot of dejavu, and its always puzzeled me why this occurs.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There are several theories that can be used to explain deja vu ranging from the plausible to the downright bizarre. So far in this post, I think I've heard them all. But I don't want to downplay anybody's perception because frankly, deja vu has not been recreated in a laboratory environment (please correct me if I'm wrong and if you have an article stating otherwise).

My personal belief is that this phenomenon is caused by the brain confusing the long-term and short-term memory (not my theory, but one I've heard and also appearing in this post in one sense or another). Events happening in the present get stored in the wrong faculty and when they "leak" into the short term, they are perceived as past events even though they are presently happening.

Also passing through this post are ideas of the "parallel universe" theory. Intriguing as it may be, at this point in time there is also no objective way to prove it on the macroscopic level (lets not even get stared into the topic of Quantum Mechanics again)! Also tied to this is the perception of reality itself. If light is the apparent limit of speed, then the "present" we live in will always be perceived by us later then it actually "occurs." Maybe deja vu is our own brain surpassing the speed of light in processing current events, yet because it is not used to it, it becomes confused and actually takes it for happening in the "past."

Just some thoughts, feel free to tear them apart!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GREGNOW

that is exactly what it is

has anyone ever been laying down in bed and they wake up to lightening and see the lightening bolt....?????

i do whenever we have lightening.

thats because lightening travels on the same hertz as your brain does.

creepy

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've had De javu before, that feeling of having been somewhere before, but has anyone ever had Vu jade?

That's the feeling that you've never been here before.

Ok, enough George Carlin. Back to the thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PSICon

I have done that plenty of times and I believe it's because,
when I am sleeping the thunder is heard in my head, sometimes,
I can see a flash of lightening, if it is near enough to my house, then I wake up, and it is storming!

I always just have Dejavu dreams!

The one that reoccurs most is when I dream about tornado's,
they usually hit somewhere close within a few days!

I always make sure and tell someone about a dream that is unexplainable,
after I have it, then it usually comes true!

<< 1    3 >>

join