It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Charged After Making Kids Take Turns Riding In Trunk Of Car (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A mother who forced two of her children who are ages 8 and 10 to take turns riding in the trunk of the car on an 8 hour drive has been charged with felony child abuse. There wasn't enough room in the car for the two of the 5 children. The girls were not injured and told thier father about the incident a day after it happened.

www.cnn.com
McLEAN, Virginia (AP) -- Cheryl Ann Schoonmaker, 38, has been charged with felony child abuse and child cruelty after she allegedly forced two of her children to take turns riding in the trunk of a car on an eight-hour drive from Alabama to Virginia.

The woman was driving five children, including an infant, to her ex-husband's home outside Washington, D.C. None of the children was injured during the trip. The girls told their father what happened the next day and he called police.

"They asked to be let out. ... It was a hot day," Curtis Schoonmaker said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't believe that I just read this story... I just can't believe it. Especially after what happened to those other 2 children a couple of weeks ago, playing in the trunk of a car.

The story even says that they asked to be let out, that it was hot.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Intro is supposed to be in your own words.

join