It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Backs Japan for UN Security Council Seat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm not paranoid, I'm not even really against it.

Then why are you makeing it out to be a NWO?

I'd rather see a united Europe with a clear concise constitution and strong but democratic central government along the lines of the American Consitution rather than that atrocity the bureaucrats tried to get passed.

Atrocity in your opinion and your opinion doesnt matter to me or to the EU at this present moment in time.
I would rather see us working together seperately rather than joining as one country.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Where did I make it out to be the NWO?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
djohn's right, a federal united europe has been a wish of many of the eurocrats and staunch EU supporters for years. It will probably happen someday though I feel it will take some serious upheaval for it to finally come together.

Japan deserves a seat, but I feel Germany does as well. They are a powerful nation that has a large and highly advanced economy (though it has been performing poorly for a variety of reasons, problems with reunification and inflexible labor laws among them) and also has political and economical influence.

They don't get the veto power so I do feel that there is no real threat of an opposing EU superbloc at odds with the US all the time because the US still has its veto card.

I think India and Brazil are good ideas too.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

djohnsto77, ignore the tool name devilwasp.
The troll's just baiting you.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

djohnsto77, ignore the tool name devilwasp.
The troll's just baiting you.

And that really helps the situation? lol

As for the N.W.O. comment, he is probably talking about this statement; "It certainly seems like that's the long-term goal of the EU proponents, to make a central European government along the lines of a "United States of Europe"." Remember, the term N.W.O. has many meanings and can be used when geo-politics gets re-shaped, through a new political order. Which this would in fact be.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well to get back on topic, I think there are other countries that may be more deserving than Germany. We can't take a seat away from an existing member (France) and give it to Germany which may arguably be more deserving of it, but the UK, France and Germany are in a quite close relationship now with the EU and Germany's security interests should already be well represented by those other states.

Why not Australia? Australia/New Zealand is a separate sphere of influence that has no representation on the Council...also, how about Nigeria or South Africa -- no African countries are represented either.

I'm just saying I think Europe's security interests are already well represented. Even Russia is technically a European country.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I agree, Japan should have a seat, we need Japan to balance out Chinas power.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
As for the N.W.O. comment, he is probably talking about this statement; "It certainly seems like that's the long-term goal of the EU proponents, to make a central European government along the lines of a "United States of Europe"." Remember, the term N.W.O. has many meanings and can be used when geo-politics gets re-shaped, through a new political order. Which this would in fact be.

Yes, that may be the case there. Devilwasp is attempting to put words in djohnsto77's mouth (figuratively) while djohnsto77 is simply stating the factual POV on the EU. How is the NWO related to the EU is open to interpretations, given the facts surrounding the historical formation of the EU was driven by people involved with the NWO elite.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Yes, that may be the case there. Devilwasp is attempting to put words in djohnsto77's mouth (figuratively) while djohnsto77 is simply stating the factual POV on the EU. How is the NWO related to the EU is open to interpretations, given the facts surrounding the historical formation of the EU was driven by people involved with the NWO elite.

Nice to see we are not comeing to name calling eh oleneo?
I am not putting words in any one's mouths.

Dj,

You stated if they get a federal constitution working that would be better.

Federal :

"Of, relating to, or being a form of government in which a union of states recognizes the sovereignty of a central authority while retaining certain residual powers of government"

It is not a government.
Period.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Either Germany or India should have the seat. India has a fast growing economy at 8% and they will become a superpower along with China, so im more for India

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Dj,

You stated if they get a federal constitution working that would be better.

Federal :

"Of, relating to, or being a form of government in which a union of states recognizes the sovereignty of a central authority while retaining certain residual powers of government"

It is not a government.
Period.

The United States, Canada, Australia, India and several other nations have had federal states for years (in the case of the U.S. 216 years) and we still have no NWO conspiracy that's taken effect yet. I don't see what your point is and how I said this was related to the NWO...

Plus, whether you like it or not, if it had been ratified, the EU Constitution would have created a new sovereign EU state.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Japan pay the UN second largest buget for the UN. The US is first. so i think Japan should gain a seat at the UNSC.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Why not germany?
I think they deserve it, they where before WW1 one of our greatest ally's.
Hell might have even joined thier side in WW1 if it wasnt for the boer war.

Germany was never UK ally before WWI . Prussia maybe, but it was during napoleonic wars for the last time.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The United States, Canada, Australia, India and several other nations have had federal states for years (in the case of the U.S. 216 years) and we still have no NWO conspiracy that's taken effect yet. I don't see what your point is and how I said this was related to the NWO...

The standard american fears the EU as some NWO, when you said federal constituion you imply it would be a european government. I beieved you to be one of the standard americans.

Plus, whether you like it or not, if it had been ratified, the EU Constitution would have created a new sovereign EU state.

No it would have left every country with its soverignty, it is an alliance of tradeing. Not government.

Germany was never UK ally before WWI . Prussia maybe, but it was during napoleonic wars for the last time.

Technically prussia IS germany, also the royal family is part german, I dont see how you can get a closer ally than family....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The standard american fears the EU as some NWO

I don't think the average American cares about the EU or knows what the NWO is.

No it would have left every country with its soverignty, it is an alliance of tradeing. Not government.

It would have created a new sovereign state, the EU, a weak one albeit. Your present governments would have also remained sovereign. That's the definition of federalism...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't think the average American cares about the EU or knows what the NWO is.

They probably do...but thats just an opinion.

It would have created a new sovereign state, the EU, a weak one albeit. Your present governments would have also remained sovereign. That's the definition of federalism...

Federalism:
"
A form of political organization in which governmental power is divided between a central government and territorial subdivisions--in the United States, among the national, state, and local governments
"
Governmental power would still belong to member states.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join