It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're Going to Hate America or our President, AT LEAST Have a Reason!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The title pretty much speaks for its self. I'm sick and tired of confronting people who claim to hate our country or Bush, then are suprised to realize that they don't have one, or because they saw Fahrenheit 9/11. WAKE UP! He made that documentary for money! That's why he does what he does: for money! I'm getting off topic. What inspired me to make this thread is a friend of mine's hatred of Bush. Don't get me wrong, this guy is one of the coolest people I've ever met, but he's been manipulated. He's the friend who I went to Brazil with, and I always knew that he didn't like Bush. One day I decided to find out why, so I kinda brought up the subject and asked him, hoping to find out. I realized he really doesn't have a reason. Basically, he just wants to hate Bush! And the worst part is that the more I prove him wrong, the more he seems to hate Bush! He stayed here in the U.S. for a year as a foreign exchange student, so naturally he's not involved in our politics. But when I asked him why he hated Bush, he didn't really know. He brought up some stuff from Michael Moore movies, most of which was easily refutable... And most of the time He'd just answer with "I dunno, he's still a jackass!". And he stayed in America for a year, but he's started to like talk bad about our country. I know he just does it to annoy me, but I think he's serious about some of it. He tries to say we're all f-ed up and stuff, and that we have "More bad things than good things". And he just recently bought a shirt that has Bush with a clown nose and reads "The World is Not a Joke". It's kind of insulting to me. I mean, it'd be ok if he at least had a reason, it's his right to have an opinion, but he doesn't! It's enfuriating! Again, he's one of my best friends in the world and one of the coolest people ever, but damn it!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's definately aggravating when someone hates the leader of the US and the country itself 'just because', and can't give any reason why. It's just blind hate and ignorance at work there. But still, I think there definately are reasons to dislike Bush, he's not the best president we've had by any stretch of the imagination, and I strongly believe that he wasn't the best candidate in the previous election (bring back Clinton!). I don't hate him or this country, I just dislike him as a president and for some of his policies. I know this is your rant, so I won't go much into it, but he has virtually no environmental policy which really sets me off...doesn't believe in reducing emmissions to the standards of the 197 nations in the Kyoto Treaty, and although Clinton may have gone a bit overboard by protecting too many areas of land right before he left office, Bush I think is going too far in reopening them. I hate his No Child Left Behind policy which is underfunded and is a major stress on student who don't move at a fast enough pace and also for students for whom english is not their first language. I also think that he's a moron
, but this statement is only opinion and I can't back that up. He went to Yale, sure, but when your daddy is president you can go anywhere you damn well feel like going. He's definately done some things well in my opinion too, like getting rid of Saddam and retaliating after September 11
. He's also made some mistakes in the war too. If your friend is only citing the bad things he does then I can see how angry you can get. If you're going to hate, at least have a reason for it. I have friends who are the same way in a sense, who just hate him because everyone else in the liberal college atmosphere does, and it's a popular thought.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
I have friends who are the same way in a sense, who just hate him because everyone else in the liberal college atmosphere does, and it's a popular thought.

Exactly. And that's what my rant is about
. The other things you named are debatable (And frankly have been beat to DEATH on this forum), but I don't know to get into them in this thread. Thanks for your understanding though

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
haha, you're welcome. I've been to the political forums and have seen these points debated for days. I wasn't exactly sure if you were also saying that there were no reasons to hate Bush, so I just wanted to point out a few (which aren't necessarliy fact). Back to the main point though, the blind hate seems to exist on both sides, well, both sides when the election was in progress. I remember in college, I was having a debate with this girl from Texas over Bush and Kerry. She couldn't counter a single argument I made, and her response every time was "but Kerry's a flip-floper!". You just have to ignore these people and realize that you can never bring them around to your point of view no matter how much you shake their already non-existant foundations. You just have to hope that they break their foot on the way to the ballot

[edit on 12-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Back to the main point though, the blind hate seems to exist on both sides, well, both sides when the election was in progress. I remember in college, I was having a debate with this girl from Texas over Bush and Kerry. She couldn't counter a single argument I made, and her response every time was "but Kerry's a flip-floper!". You just have to ignore these people and realize that you can never bring them around to your point of view no matter how much you shake their already non-existant foundations. You just have to hope that they break their foot on the way to the ballot

[edit on 12-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

Yeah, I really got sick of the whole "flip-flopper" thing as well. I mean, I actually started to buy into it at the beginning, and then I realized I'm falling for the exact same propaganda that the left has been flinging at Bush. The whole "Bush is a complete moron because he's not articulate" thing. I mean yeah, there was flip-flipping done, but I think it was blown WAY out of proportion. Sometimes I wish that there was NO political music, biased talk shows (Some of which I listen to actually), movies, or other things like that, and people could just see both candidates as they are and make up their mind, without the media doing that for them.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not massivly against America but I am realyl against bush and his way of running forign issuses with Britain.
ONe minute he agrees with everthing we say then we get off his plans to explot Iraq's oil and he hates us to hell.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
y do i need to have a reason for hating bush?
didnt u ever hate (or just didnt like) some1? like heres this 1 little thing that makes u hate some1... but u cant put ur finger on it...

new topics

top topics

join