It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile stuff changing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I keep on noticing my profile back ground color is dissappearing at late hours of the nite. For instance my background color is the standard grey, when it should be black right now. This happened yesterday evening too.

I also noticed that the "point, and post bar" is gone, along with my ability to vote others for WATS. Is this happening to other people too, or just me?

I'm assuming this might just be temporary changes due to site maintenance, but this has never happened to me before, so I'm not sure.

Anyhow any responses would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Its because the site is in low bandwidth mode, Skeptic has been puting it on alot lately, it is sorta annoying, nothing to worry about though.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It is indeed in low band width mode. This is no biggie as you all will be surprised at how many points you have now compared to when you last remembered seeing them.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
lol, trust me, my point count will probly be up by like 2 points when it comes back on.

I always tell my self I'm going to post something. I write it up completely, then read it twice... correct all the errors, and read it one more time...

Then I delete it, lol.

It's so weird, I just can't muster up the courage to make an actual post, unless my feelings about the subject is strong enough. I can't tell you how many times I've written up full, lengthy, detailed topics before, and then decided not to post them. I lose the urge to do it, once it comes down to clicking the little grey button. I feel so lame about it, because I don't contribute as much as I wish I did, lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The low bandwidth mode is a bit annoying, I use the pretty colours to identify people in the threads, it's a nice easy visual that helps a lot. After all, who could miss Lysergic's acid trip background??????

Originally posted by microcosm
I always tell my self I'm going to post something. I write it up completely, then read it twice... correct all the errors, and read it one more time...

Then I delete it, lol.

And just so you don't feel alone on this microcosm, I spend sooooo much time writing up posts and after the second read and making corrections I go for the delete button. I know I'd have more points if I just didn't care, but I'm my own worst critic.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I delete potential posts too after a lot of work on them. At the very end I wonder if a post will pull me into some long argument or something. I hate any little errors I find and edit three times or so and probably would more except I feel kind of embarrassed.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ADVISOR said

This is no biggie as you all will be surprised at how many points you have now compared to when you last remembered seeing them.

Does this mean we will all be getting "gift" points?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
ADVISOR said

This is no biggie as you all will be surprised at how many points you have now compared to when you last remembered seeing them.

That would be cool. I too noticed the disapering backround and what not I just thought it was something wrong with my comp. Thanks you guys saved me from hours trying to figure out what was wrong

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I've got a few black-market points....Gotta keep it real hush-hush though....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Psst...Enron...

How much are these blackmarket points?

If they aren't expensive I might buy some

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Are mods selling applause for cash or really really above top secret secrets?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If I remember, they are in the middle of a new site. They've probably had it down for the next few days while they test the new site and upload it etc.

As I have not had my background for nearly 3 days straight now and I as good as live on the site, so I tend to notice such things. :|

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
Are mods selling applause for cash or really really above top secret secrets?

Niether - just your first born. Althogh I have heard that you can just write things that really amaze the mods...although I found the first way to be easier

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Iv had the same problem, Glad its nothing to worry about iv been scratching my head about this. What is low bandwith anyway someone
please explain it to me

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
What is low bandwith anyway someone
please explain it to me

Certain features do not show, which speeds up page and server response time during heavy traffic. That's it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A typcial "disinfo" answer coming from the likes of Zeddicus... I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him to tell you the truth...

Low bandwidth mode is obviously a gov't ploy to help usher in the illuminati... if Zedd, or anyone else tells you otherwise; run... and run fast. Question everything, and trust no one... Zedds a key player, and in on it... the purple raven flies at midnight... picture a pink golf ball in your mind.

Don't believe me?

Z is the last letter of the alphabet. Z=26, now Zedds name has 3 z's in it, so 26x3=78

7=G, and 8=H... GH... stands for government henchman...

Still don't believe me? Look at the back of a dollar bill, if you use a magnifying glass to look at the upper right "webbing" on the bill you can read the words: "Semper low bandith modus". The proof is all there folks, don't be a sheeple...

[edit on 7/13/05 by microcosm]

new topics

top topics

join