It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Marine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
M6D

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
that still doesnt make sense, please tell me how, cybernetic troops still grow old! they still become slow! people age you know!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
Id just like to know WHY

Nothing personal Catfish but, thank you for the idea.

I would like to know why NOT?

Why not take the inhumanity of it all away from here, away from those innocent babies dieing every day that we do not hear about. Away from the victims of those who manipulate and abuse the trusts given to them, when they are supposed to have the better interests of their people and not themselves. Take away the spreading disease nurtured among ideals such as greed and selfishness. Why not, if nothing is done soon, history has proven time cures all. How much time do we have, how much more is needed?

Not to go further off topic, but spontaneousness is a well known trait of mine. Military in space has been reality for longer than most people would care to know, these days that is. Conflicting nature, has proven the curse of humanity.

Peace for war, and war for peace. All in order to defend our selves from others.

For reasons obvious to any one, why not.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
that still doesnt make sense, please tell me how, cybernetic troops still grow old! they still become slow! people age you know!

Well in 40K they do age BUT the technology then allows them to basically reginerate and keep thier minds fresh.
In spartans well, they will become planners because they are also VERY inteligent sailors.

M6D

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So theyre given positions in the millitary until they die?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
So theyre given positions in the millitary until they die?

Well in both of the two "universes" yes, or until they cant physically or mentally anymore.
If that occurs I think they are ethier killed or hidden somewhere.

M6D

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This goes back to the same thing..you cant kill your own millitary off! these men used to have normal lives....you cant just say...nope, your to old, we;re gonna kill you now.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
One could develop eventual desentegration of the biomechanical equipment- which would reproduce the old organic body part as it "dies."

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
This goes back to the same thing..you cant kill your own millitary off! these men used to have normal lives....you cant just say...nope, your to old, we;re gonna kill you now.

Actually in both cases they didnt.
Both where taken from VERY young ages.
All they have known is service.
The spartans where taken from like age 4 and space mariens from before adolesance.(sp)
And well both cases killing a few people who live VERY high risk jobs doesnt mean much.

M6D

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
your saying both alraedy, when we dont even have space marines! what are you on?!
we're talking about what space marines would be like, and last time i checked, it isnt legal to take kids at a early age, and just abduct em in to the millitry, to create a whole marine force that way....
well good luck there

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
your saying both alraedy, when we dont even have space marines! what are you on?!

I was talking about the questions you asked about the 2 universes...please do not try and take that as being a "what will happen" opinion.

we're talking about what space marines would be like, and last time i checked, it isnt legal to take kids at a early age, and just abduct em in to the millitry, to create a whole marine force that way....
well good luck there

**Shakes head*** right and I thought we where getting somewhere, the two universes above are fictional and only of them is marines.
Secondly the halo universe is more believable, in the halo universe there is a UNMC which is made up of normal marines which no implants upgrades or any of that just bog standard troops trained better and better equiped.
www.ukgamer.com...
That is a picture of a few marines in battle armour from the halo universe.
Thirdly the other universe the 40K one I would see happening if nuclear war happened and the world was thrown into chaos.

BTW as a foot note, the spartan program in the halo universe is conducted by a naval intelligence which was operateing above the law and doing so in secret.

M6D

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i know..ive read the halo books, but please, you didnt even say that we were comparing against a 40k universe, of which i know nothing, as far as i had concluded we were comparing against a futuristic human race, in which i clame, having cyborg soldiers as part of your army, in REAL LIFE, is inpractical.

And you must know, halo is a more reasonably futuristic game, but not for the time set, its set in 2550 roughly, yet we still use chemical and percussion based munitions, also, our main tank has a weaker gun then a M1A2 abrams, not to mention the gattling gun on the warthog only has a rof of 600 RPM, halo is made to feel like that so players well feel like theyre fighting as humans, unfortunately, because of this, it well never really show a true 100 percet image of a 2500 universe.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
i know..ive read the halo books, but please, you didnt even say that we were comparing against a 40k universe, of which i know nothing, as far as i had concluded we were comparing against a futuristic human race, in which i clame, having cyborg soldiers as part of your army, in REAL LIFE, is inpractical.

I know I didnt know you didnt know we where unaware of that fact.
40k BTW does have cyborgs.
BTW they would be practical if you where willing to not obey any laws.

And you must know, halo is a more reasonably futuristic game, but not for the time set, its set in 2550 roughly, yet we still use chemical and percussion based munitions, also, our main tank has a weaker gun then a M1A2 abrams, not to mention the gattling gun on the warthog only has a rof of 600 RPM, halo is made to feel like that so players well feel like theyre fighting as humans, unfortunately, because of this, it well never really show a true 100 percet image of a 2500 universe.

Thats why I use the books.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Um no one will ever know or "predict" what technologies will come out to aid warfare- Technology is expontential= back in the 1870's people though that the future was blimbs- they never knew in the future about airplanes, nuclear power, and thousands of other things that rose up- obviously progressing technology has shown us new and more advanced things- The future WILL be something we could never even dream of- some of the stuff we talk about *might* happen but some we will never even be able to imagine.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am mainly focusing on the obstacles that will have to be dealt with in future space warfare. (like no gravity, air, recoil, explosives, etc.) Also if you think about it explosives wont be as good in space b/c there are no particles for a shockwave to ride on.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by horten229v3]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by horten229v3
I am mainly focusing on the obstacles that will have to be dealt with in future space warfare. (like no gravity, air, recoil, explosives, etc.) Also if you think about it explosives wont be as good in space b/c there are no particles for a shockwave to ride on.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by horten229v3]

Well there is quite a bit of recoil BTW, laws of physics say;
Every force has an equal and oposite force.
Therefore , you shoot a gun in space.
Bullet = forwards
You= Backwards.

M6D

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
also......you wouldnt hear anything, so normal human senses would be very limited in space, whats funny, is our modern land warrior program is potentially better then a halo 2 marine! with he gun camera and this added technology the modern land warrior could probably do a better job....exept for hte armour.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Well there is quite a bit of recoil BTW, laws of physics say;
Every force has an equal and oposite force.
Therefore , you shoot a gun in space.
Bullet = forwards
You= Backwards.

But the relative distances of you and the bullet depend on your dry masses..
And if you're packed with enough gear(thrusters et all) I wouldn't see a problem..

Actually do we have metal strong enough to withstand an impact from micrometeors moving at 20,000km+??!

M6D

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
well....a space shuttle multi layer windscren was almost compelely blown by a fleck of paint.........so if you mean space marine or astronaut type thin metla.......no

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
But the relative distances of you and the bullet depend on your dry masses..
And if you're packed with enough gear(thrusters et all) I wouldn't see a problem..

No it will still move you , no matter the mass.
Now say you used my personel faveroute; RAIL GUNS
The recoil would move you pretty damm far, and the bullet would move at higher speeds thanks to 0 air friction losses.

Actually do we have metal strong enough to withstand an impact from micrometeors moving at 20,000km+??!

Thats what a point laser defence system is for.

M6D

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
btw, lovin the assualt rifles :p

anyways, im not sure a thruster pack would do it..could a thruster pack compensate for a bullet that travels over hte speed of sounds force?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join