It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.Lizard girl in hospital (SKY News article)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
any info on what this is about?

Lizard Girl in Hospital

Sounds a bit weird but maybe theres some fact behind it.....

[edit on 12-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Those crazy Indians have some of the most bizarre news stories.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
They need to quit snorting coc aine.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sounds like it's just rampant superstition that exists in the poor areas of India.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It sounds just like a myth. "Don't disrespect the Bible and you won't turn into a lizard".

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I love the caption on the photo
in that article.

There's a photo of a lizard..
underneath the photo, it says
"A Lizard"

Caption writer worked pretty hard on that one

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Lol spacedoubt, that's what I was going to comment on too.

"A lizard".

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
My bet thats its Harlequin syndrome, a very disturbing condition, im at school now so I cant provide a link, everythings blocked. When im at home ill find some.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Anyone looking at Davoods link, be warned, it is pretty gruesome so watch out!! Not for the faint hearted.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You know what I found interesting? That the word rumour kept popping up. Lets review.

The rumour was that the girl, from the Pune area in south west India, turned into a lizard after desecrating a holy book.

She was watching television when her mother knelt down for evening prayers.

The mother asked her daughter to turn off the television, but the teenager kicked the holy book, and turned into a half-lizard-like creature.

No one knows how, when or where the rumour originated.

Dr Pravin Shingare, J J Hospital and Grant Medical College dean, said that he was at first getting phone calls asking for the patient then people started turning up.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know where the rumour came from, David Icke!

I bet he is over there, in India right now, causing trouble! -shakes fist- Damn pesky Icke!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ok but any OTHER EXTRA info you can find from anywhere else???

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Zanibar, I don't think it would be "harliquin syndrom" as I am pretty sure that is something that some is born with, not something they develop.
It is probably just a rumor that got out of hand. Also being that the hospital is not like a top secret army hospital or something, if it was true I see no reason why they would hide it from people if it were a fact, you know what i am saying? They'd have no real reason to hide it and would actually more then likely have made a huge deal out of it and admitted it all if it were true.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Davood's link discribes 'harlequin syndrome' as a flushing of half of the body or face after exercise....not very lizard like.

I believe Zanzibar may be thinking of 'harlequin fetus'....a terrible birth defect that causes the death of the infant soon after birth....'harlequin fetus'

The girl in the story was 'afflicted' as a teenager......so the harlequin fetus is ruled out. Since the only pic I saw was of the actual lizard.....hard to guess what really happened....?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That picture looks like a "regular" or "normal" lizard. I don't see anything humanlike in that picture. Am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can we please not talk about harlequin fetus etc. 1. its a very touchy subject on ats (two threads about it that i know of were closed as people were...."poking fun" for lack of a better word) and two its quite disturbing for someone to see who isnt familiar with this kind of thing.

The first time i saw it i was realli scared actually, as the thread was called "alien baby", hence the mocking and closing etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And Faeryland yes u are. That is a picture of a normal run-of-the-mill lizard.

Sky news couldnt get to the origin of the story, so didnt have any photographic backup/evidence, so just slapped a picture of lizard as it was slightly related.

oh Zanzibar you must be specific btw. harlequin fetus is a different thing from H syndrome. (uve seen the video of the green baby right?) *shudders* sorry but twaz scary.......

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
well ok its a fake!

Life cycle of a rumor: LG

sigh but check this out, guys it reallllli freakt me out it luks sick (if you are scweemish then please dont watch it, it will giv u nightmares. S E R I O U S L Y)

CREEPY

I know it luks fake but if its people exploiting a disabled person then thats sick......but it luks like an alien

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
dude, shadow, that vid was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! i dont know whats wrong with me, but i was cracking up watching that vid! good find man!

it does look like an alien though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join