It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did homeland security make the latest virus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
On the radio they are saying that the security hole in windows was so bad, and so easily exloited that it HAD to be patched.

People were unwilling to do it voluntarily ..

The suggestion was that this "benign" virus was created by HS to force users to protect their system in case a "real virus" was released by terrorists.

This was a serious suggestion....

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ya know .... I wouldn't doubt it. Just show's how corrupt the gov is

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
DAMN IT NC!

I read something about this on a sysop forum last week! Now I can't find it. There were actually system admins out there theorizing similar concepts... this virus was designed as a harmless wakeup call.

Now I have to try and find it...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What�s even more bizarre is the new worm which exploits those same vulnerabilities, but with a twist. 'W32.Welchia.Worm' actually tries to patch your system so you�re safe from the �blaster� worm. It then reboots your computer.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
and, 'wake up call' is a great phrase here: Millions of computer users on broadband using Windows XP. Unlike Windows 95/98/ME, XP has really the same features as Windows NT/2000 - these features are highly exploitable and need constant 'patching' and updating which wasn't previously necassary w/ the '9x' line of OS's. The MSBlaster worm could have been much, MUCH worse. Sadly, I think it's going to get worse before it gets better: XP users now need to learn how to keep their systems up to date, constantly update their virus apps and manage a personal firewall, oh my.

(the common user is better off with a mac, to be honest)

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
(the common user is better off with a mac, to be honest)

ALL users are better off with a mac(he says from his new super cheap wintel box).
the processor i'm using has a clock speed 10X faster than my rusting G3. i can barely tell the diff. except that now i'm like a whore with no rubbers.

also refer to file jqzzFl.dll.rim.plthhhhh. then go to the "help with help" files for increased confusion.

that aside, no doubt the combined scalar/viral attack is an inside job once again. the "emergency" is over. now we get "info".

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i think i got a virus my puter keeps telling me I got one
my mom jsut got it to for me my mom is the bestest mom in the hole wolrd

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fester
i think i got a virus my puter keeps telling me I got one
my mom jsut got it to for me my mom is the bestest mom in the hole wolrd

dese puter vorsruses jsut shut done the east half of nurd amerika.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
bob88 hit on on the head, I've got a firewall up and updated my av not too long ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Except now we all have government spy ware on our computers.

new topics

top topics

join