It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best program-web design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hey there people... ive been looking fo a good program to make a web and i cant find anything good and easy to use i tried to find stuff on PHP cuz some1 said that its good but couldnt find anything... plz post any information or links i cant find anything that i can understand

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think I understood what you want. For HTML and stuff in Windows I used Dreamweaver MX, by Macromedia. Its a WYSIWYG editor, so you can preview the HTML aswell. Another good one is NVU, that uses Gecko, instead of IE, to preview. PHP is a server-side scripting language. There are many sites out there to help you learn it. One of the best is PHPs main site, php.net. You can look up what each function does and find a few tutorials to help you along. Devshed is also a great place for tutorials on PHP and MANY other programming topics.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, to start with, what kind of experience do you already have? That goes a long way in determining what's a "good" way to go. As far as a good program to use; for HTML you can use Notepad even; if you know what you're doing it's better than anything else you pay for. As far as a good all-purpose text-editor, I personally recommend jEdit. It's Java based, so you'll need to have that installed. I can't help with graphics; I have problems drawing stick figures, so I don't even bother doing that.

Why don't you give a little more detail on exactly what it is you're looking for? There's lots of things that can be "good and easy to use" for one thing but are totally useless and confusing for other things.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
ok uh i have no experience and that y i need something easy... i have no idea on how to use HTML... all i want is a website... some dumb friend ov mine gave me dream waver 2 but it didnt really work and its really old... so i need a powerfull program thats not too old and not too complicated

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nah man, you don't need some program. HTML's easy, it just looks complicated. Do a Google for HTML Tutorials; you'll get a ton of sites that can help. A good one:

www.w3schools.com...

You should really try to learn how to do it yourself before you start in with some high-powered editor. That way you can get the editor to do even cooler stuff that you never would've though of. If you want some help with learning it, I'd be more than happy to show you some basics, and I'm sure there's plenty of other members here who'd love to help too.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ok... lets say that i know HTML and have the design for my site.... where do i go to get this whole thing started???

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Okay, you know HTML, you have the site designed. You need a host; you can either get a free one like Geocities or something, or pay for one and get a .com domain name. If you're using extra stuff like PHP, ASP, whatever, you'll need to check and double check that they support it before you sign up. Once you get that going, you upload it--they should have instructions for you on how to handle that, it's roughly the same for every site but there's always something different.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Nah man, you don't need some program. HTML's easy, it just looks complicated. Do a Google for HTML Tutorials; you'll get a ton of sites that can help. A good one:

www.w3schools.com...

Excellent site! MCory1 is absolutely correct. You can learn almost everything there is to know about HTML from online tutorials. As far as an editor goes, There are some speed shortcuts when you use somethign liek Dreamweaver, or FrontPage but notepad even works. If you do a decent amount of scripting you'll find your self working in text editor mode anyways. It always goes back to text editing so learn that HTML.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have to agree with learning html. I built my site, not the forums, but the actuall site, using notepad only. It's free!!! Any text editor can be used to build you site, plus you have complete control over it.

fum

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
e107 webserver system ^^ www.e107.org
:w:

[edit on 14-10-2005 by fum]

new topics

top topics

join