It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to make make quick cash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
hey people i need some quick cash... but i cant think ov any good way to get some ive been braking my head trying to think ov stuff :bnghd: plz post any ideas u have im sick n tired ov being broke

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe become a grammar teacher?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Get a part time job.

You're young though - there are still laws governing how many hours you can work each week, though these are often circumvented.

Look locally - check out local stores, fast-food places, etc.

Or offer to do chores/odd-jobs for your neighbours. Babysitting, dog-walking, car-cleaning, lawn-care....you get the gist.

Optimus..not sure about the wisdom of suggesting drug-dealing to anyone, let alone a 15 year old...

You know?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
maybe you could become a spokesman for the Confusionists? i'm not sure you would get much monetary compensation for your time but you would get quite a lot of spiritual fullfilment which, as we all know, is far more important than money.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
sell a kidney on the black market.. you got a spare and you could also probably claim disability benefit.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
sell a kidney on the black market.. you got a spare and you could also probably claim disability benefit.

Nah. You can survive perfectly with only one kidney....it's unlikely you'd qualify for disability afterwards.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Find a busy park in a city centre and offer to draw portraits of tourists. Make sure you get the cash up front so that they can't refuse to pay if it's crap. It may also help to pretend you are French.

If, however, you are looking for a less legitimate and easier scheme, I suggest you brew some bootleg cider and sell it to your friends...

All you need is apple juice, sugar, yeast, a few large plastic containers and some pierced balloons, or some form of airlock.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Blood and Sperm banks. You could get $50 a pop!! And maybe even some free orange juice.

I need money too my friend. I support a ill wife and a toddler boy on one income. I work part time on top of my career to pull it off. Unless you are born rich there is no substitute for hard work.

My suggestions?

#1 If you are unskilled, nothing beats waiting tables. I know, its sounds terrible, but a good waiter can make a couple of hundred $$ a day and all you need is to have common sense, a good smile, and a little bit of hustle. I always tip my waiters 20% if they are good.

#2 Landscaping. Mindless hard, hard work but you can get paid. Mostly under the table to.

And this one I recomend the most (no kidding):

#3 Start a cleaning business!!! Go buy a decent vacuum and some basic cleaning supplies and start cleaning houses. You can EASILY make $40-60 per hour if you do good work, UNDER THE TABLE. My parents had this couple come over to clean for them. They drove a brand new Porche 944 (it was the 80's) and they did the whole place in an hour for $60. They told me on day they did 8-10 houses a day, 4 days a week. You do the math.

Thats what I recomentd if you dont mind doing some hard work. But if you just want easy money with no effort or skill, just rob a bank or get a government job...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Guys?

RK is only 15.

That excludes him from many (if not most) of the legit suggestions here....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
15? I missed that.

Then I just suggest landscaping. When I was a kid they called it "mowing lawns"

He could score some decent cash this way.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Maybe become a grammar teacher?

its my 3rd language i learned half ov it in school....

Mod Edit: to remove inappropriate request.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
anybody know any good scams to get some cash??

Aw, c'mon man. Don't even go down that road
What's wrong with doing something honest? You were asking about stuff for web development in a different thread man. There's halfway decent money in that if you can get a decent idea. People will pay $700-800 for a five page site. Mess around with HTML, get a cheap graphics editor, and you got your business right there.

Man, scams. Jesus Christ...

EDIT: edited to fix bbCode, then forgot to put it back in...

[edit on 7/12/2005 by MCory1]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
... if i make a web then theres no way i can make any money off ov it... theres nothing going on in my head just nothing all i do is take down squirrels with my pellet gun i piss in peoples gas tanks and stick my a$$ to the neigbors bedroom window...
i cant posibly think ov a good idea... and the mowing lawns thing...lol eh even though i live in portland oregon... there is nothing to mow here i live in the SW its just a bunch ov appartments.... theres nothing in amy other direction xept for the N NE NW
and its just the city...nobody needs any help here so i cant do anything here and the city is just a bunch ov greedy people

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

anybody know any good scams to get some cash??

You could sell condoms....

Or oh....That's right...You don't know how to buy them

Honestly dude....Quit spamming the boards with illegitimate questions....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

... if i make a web then theres no way i can make any money off ov it... theres nothing going on in my head just nothing all i do is take down squirrels with my pellet gun i piss in peoples gas tanks and stick my a$$ to the neigbors bedroom window...

How much time do you spend doing these things a week? Give an honest answer--you already admitted to it; if you spend 50 hours a week doing it it ain't gonna look much worse. Let's say you spend 5 hours. That's 5 hours a week you could spend learning how to do something, say HTML, Java, working on cars, whatever. Something constructive that you can turn into a cash cow at some point in time. Learn a musical instrument--go to a pawn shop and buy an acoustic guitar; you find a decent one for probably $20, and if you pawn that pellet gun to put towards it I assure you not only will the squirrels be happier but you'll thank yourself for the guitar in a year or two.

Newsflash: overnight success takes about 20 years. The only "get rich quick" scheme that half-way works is convincing people to pay you to tell them how to get rich quick. Even the market for that is flooded now days, so your SOL on that front.

The great thing about doing web sites is that it's for other people. Other people come up with the idea, and they pay you to put that idea in action. You need to create a portfolio of some kind--build a web site for a company for free, do a home page of your own at geocities or something, do something for a friend or family member. Get yourself something to show to people. Then hit the pavement with a box of CD's--that you burnt yourself--and pass them around to the various small businesses in the area along with a rough price sheet.

No matter what your gonna do, it's going to take work. If you're just wanting a couple bucks here or there, ask your parents/gaurdians. If they cut you off or can't help you for whatever reason, then you need to do something about it. There are no quick fixes. I've been working on programming and web development for 6 years, and only in the past year have I gotten any serious projects. I've been working on music for 11 years, and just now am I getting to the point I might have some shot at a future in it. Patience is not a virtue teenagers tend to have--I was worse than most and it still hasn't worn off--but you can't expect to get anywhere without going there.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
like somebody is going to let some 15 year old make a website for their company
and for the whole condom thing... stop making fun ov me

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

like somebody is going to let some 15 year old make a website for their company

If you know what you're doing, and if you can prove you know what you're doing, they will. You might not be able to get top dollar for it, and you're probably not going to be re-doing Wal-Mart.com But the first company I worked for as a web developer had paid interns from the high schools. It ain't gonna be easy, but it sure's to hell ain't impossible.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How about this, move to California and I'll give you a job. 20 bucks a day and you hardly have to do a thing.
All I'd want you to do is the following.

1. Don't talk about America in any language that I understand (English or Spanish)
2. Stay off of ATS.
3. Wash my truck.

If you can rebuild a transmission there's another couple hundred bucks and a second truck to wash.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
for CHRIST SAKE ITS

OF

not OV

ok woot have a good day!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
for CHRIST SAKE ITS

OF

not OV

Lysergic:

You have voted Lysergic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Good work man!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join