It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, yay or nay?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Self explainatory. Im for it with some restrictions.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As long as the fetus does not have a sense of being, it is ok. Up to to third trimester? I am not a doctor, just a failed lawyer.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Only to save the mothers life. For any other reason is sick, there are plenty of people who can't have children, so adoption should always come before abortion.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its a living person. I cant kill you just because I dont want you or you interfer with my life.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How about just learning basic birth control, surely that's better?

I think I am no person to vote on abortion, so I have abstained. At a basic level, the idea is appaling. However, situations can exist where it would be a less objectionable idea, fetal defects for example, or perhaps even rape.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong in using birth-control. In fact I'm all for it. Birth-control is gold next to the brown coloration of abortion.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if the baby isn't gonna have a good life(aka the live on earth) u may aswell get rid of it but then again it hink most the people of the earth shoud die, maybe i'm gonna change my mind right now and say don't abort but teach birth control moreso, and if someone doesn't want the baby either get rid of it before it's very much of a baby or have it and give it up er adoption, u could be killin the next einstien

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Zzub, I agree with you. What is the cost of a condom? Unwanted pregnancies and AIDS can be alleviated if people were smart with their sex.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You're so right.

I get depressed by the amount of 19 year olds pushing kids about. My god, don't the schools teach you anything these days?

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Im all for it, up to about the third month, after that, its a life and death issue then, or other special circumstances.

Adoption is not an option for many. Most women simply do not want to carry the kid that long just to pop it out and give it away. Birth control, while preferable, isnt always an option either, too many idiots out there screwing around withoiut it. they get knocked up, have the kid, and spend thier lives as worthless, neglectful parents who abandon thier kids, screw em up in toher ways, ect. Much kinder to prevent such a thing.

As to the fetus being a living entity, i doubt that. i cant remeber, nor do i remember life floating around in my moms gut, i highlky doubt they have anything beyond basic cellular awareness.

Look at it this way, my mom was a dumb teenage parent who basically neglected me as a kid. if it werent for abortion, just think of how many Skadi the Evil Elves would be running amok in the world today? Hm?

Thought so!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think abortion should be legal until the fetus graduates High School.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
not sure what i'd vote
If i was a woman i wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't want to enforce my belief on someone else.

so for myself i say no but it's up to the mother I say.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
jsut a thought, who made abortion an american political issue??? shouldn't this be somewhere else????
erase this whenever u see this mod man

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It seems to be more of an issue in the US. Our activists here don't go to such extremes as the ones there do.

We save the real violence for the animal testing centers.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i selected only for life or death... that's the only way I'd do it if I was a woman... but once again to each his err her own.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Drugs arent a US issue only, but they are on here. Abortion is a very hot issue that sends flames in the political arena. people bomb abortion clinics and shoot doctors over the issue, so yes, it does belong here. its a VERY divisive issue.

If people were smart, then birth control would be grand.. Unfortunately, youre banking on people being smart. People are not smart, they are a gaggle of idiots when it comes to sex. They poke or get poked before they think. Thus, abortion.

If people were smart, we wouldnt keep allowing ourselves to be ruled by self serving greedy idiots who wish to enslave us.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm all for abortion where the baby would otherwise be born into unfavourable social circumstances. If the parents would be incapable of providing for the child for whatever reason, then abortion might be the best option.

What I am opposed to however, is the repeated use of abortion as a method of contraception. This practice is born of sheer stupidity and laziness
. The use of contraception has to be promoted far more than it is.

A major problem is so called "morality". Sex is still a taboo in many areas of society today. Religions forbid the use of contraception and abortion. The churches need to rethink this attitude. They should atleast choose the lesser of two "evils" as they see it and promote the use of contraception. Their skewed perception of morality infringes on human rights, especially those of women, and can ruin lives.

Foetal abnormalities can be a reason to abort if the abnmormalities are life threatening, but it is an issue which I am undecided upon. Who is to say a deformed child cannot enjoy life?

Abortion should never be the first choice, but it should be an option. Education is the most important factor. If people know what they're doing, where to obtain contraception, and where to go for advice, then abortion will less likely be needed.

Current laws in the UK allow abortion, but there are strict regulations. Questions are asked. Tests are carried out. Nobody can walk into a clinic, claim their right to an abortion and kill their baby as they please. I think that this is the way it should remain. The real problems are religion and morality.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im not to sure about this, abortion is basicly take the life away and everyone deserves a good shot out life. If the parents change their mind about having child, the can always put it up for adoption. That would be a better solution then killing it.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No I am against abortion in all cases. It makes no sense to me to kill something that can live. If you want to have sex outside of marrige use a condom or some form of birthcontrol. That would stop so many abortions,if people could just use a condom. Abortion is wrong,its murder. I've spoken out against it so much I don't know what to add.

arc

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'd never say abortion is right but sometimes its the lesser of the evils. We've had many threads on this topic and I've argued my case everytime from both hypothetical and personal experience.

I reserve the right to have control over my body and reproductive functions. If I decide that an abortion is the right thing for me at a particular stage in my life, that is as much my own personal choice as what form of contraception I use and who I decide to have sexual relations with.

And fair enough I accept that there are those of you who disagree with abortion. And thats just fine - never have an abortion yourself, never make a mistake with contraception and never get have sex with anyone who maybe isn't ready to have a child. I won't judge you for that - its not my life

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join