It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Free School Zones. Their Joking right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Today I just realized that some drug free school zone signs in my town and another were being moved closer to the school by about half a block.

Now don't get me wrong, I know the DFSZ is a measure to prevent young kids from using drugs or bringing them to school and also to make the sale penalty more severe but who is the fool that decides how far from a school these signs should? Shouldn't they just educate kids not to use or carry drugs at all? And aren't adults already aware that illegal drug sales and use are illegal?

Well anyhow I just wanted to vent what I thought is another stupid idea run by our state government and carried out by our local county departments.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think the law was designed to discourage adults from selling drugs to children. Selling, or even posessing, drugs in a DFSZ carries a much stiffer penalty. If your home is in a DFSZ, and you're caught with drugs there, the penalty is also stiffer.

While I think it's rediculous to punish someone for doing drugs in the privacy of their own home, regardless of its location, I find myself agreeing with the original intent of the law. Anything that discourages people, whether they be adults or the children themselves, from bringing to school or selling drugs to students is okay in my book!

As for the size of these zones, thats another story that can be debated. I'm not sure what the exact measurements are. I live in NJ and it very well could be different from state to state, even town to town.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is basically nothing outside the "Drug free school zone", since they expanded the meaning of that to me mean any municpal building, park, or housing development.

Try to find anywhere in an urban environment that does not have public property of that sort somewhere within 1,000 feet of each other. 1,000 feet is the general rule of thumb for this mandate.

It was just a one more step towards police state.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Legalizer]

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
remember the iran contra?

well...its kinda unfair they make super harsh rules agianst drugs
when they SELL THEM in the first place

theres plenty of evidence that supports the assertion that the CIA is heavily involved in drug trafficing

heres you a piece of logic::
You actually think that after our govt spends billions and billions of $$$ the drug use rate would actually increase?
Well both are true; spending and usage increased

U actually think they are stopping drugs from coming in? Cocain and Herion is easier to get now than before the drug war began
its everywhere

and why is it when we invade afganistan the herion production rates increase expodentially?
cmon guys ; if US Govt was really "agianst drugs" we would napalm those fields

if the Govt really wanted to stop cocain and herion from entering america; they could do it overnight
it really isnt hard at all, just close the boarders and put gaurds up

oh and plus its easier just to take it out from the source; the fields which are easy to find being they are HUGE

well; if ur actually interested in this stuff; i highly suggest u check out the books "Cocain Politics" And "Whiteout"
there is plenty of sources and stuff there to lead you on the trail

theres Plenty of Evidence to make this case
way too much for me to get into here; so just read those 2 books and look in the back for your sources

we have military personel testifying before congress that they saw tons of cocain being unloaded in america at our airbases
Iran Contra Scandel

and Olli North was just the fall-guy
see how they give him that FOX news job for following orders so well??

look into the Opium wars too

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Drug Free School Zone huh?

Hmmmm...

Has Pfizer heard about this outrage?

They want HALF of American kids on drugs by 2010. 2 out of 3 kids in the 'care' (I use that word loosely) of the state are on prescription drugs. I'd wager they're all on drugs of one form or another, just like every other American.

American drug laws are nonsensical hyporcrisy, and because of them, we lock up more citizens than any other nation on the face of the earth, for crimes like herb immolation, leaf sniffing, and fungus abuse, all the way up to murder and robbery due to the illegal status of said drugs.

It's ridiculous, patently ridiculous. The fact that so many people tacitly approve of the current state of affairs is as good an argument against democracy as any I've heard.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Agreed. This is just as silly as School Zones and Construction Zones for Speeding.

Is it illegal to speed or not? If yes, then why should it matter where one is speeding?

Anyway, everyone knows the Mall is the best place to sell drugs to kids...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The most ridiculous thing I see about this is, moving - a half a friggen block? How many man hours did that take, equalling how many tax dollars?

Agree with the comments about signs of such, like construction zone - kinda obvous one is in such zone, I mean there is only cranes and dozers, barricades with flashing lights, trucks with amber beacons rotating, pallets and crates of material everywhere, and dudes with hard-hats & bright orange vests on, ugh. But I need a sign to tell me I'm in one. Maybe my car needs another dinger that tells me I'm in the friggen car

A half a damn block?

Whomever decided that one, along with policy makers in whole, needs a lobotomy, as their brain functions have certainly mis-fired to a point just short of incapacitation!

Misfit

top topics

join