It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backmasking (Reverse Speech)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It is said that in the song Stairway To Heaven there is reverse lyrics, I have done quite a bit of listening and checking up and what I found almost scares me. Versions of both the fowards and reverse speech and lyrics can be found here jeffmilner.com... As if the song itself isn't bad enough Boleskine House was built in the late Eighteenth Century o­n land acquired from the Church by the Honourable Archibald Fraser. The house burned to the gound mysteriously and was bought and owned by Aleister Crowley a well known and self proclaimed Magickian and was deeply into the occult. It Is said that Crowley used this house for only spent a few years of his life at Boleskine House, but a great deal of Crowley lore revolves around the foreboding dwelling. His dark ceremonies reportedly stirred up so many evil spirits in the house that even he was helpless to command them. After Crowley's death the house went through many owners finally being bought by Jimmy Page and that is where Stairway was eventually written.

The lyrics also form a reversal that says: There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan. Jimmy Page may have unconsciously used the words tool shed to refer to the small outbuilding that was the oratory (Boleskine itself was the Toolhouse). The last stanza declares not only that there are two paths that can be taken, but also that it is not too late to change roads. This last stanza contains the reversal It's my sweet Satan, the one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is fake.

Their are references to "path," "forest," and "hedgerow" all of which are descriptive of the setting of the Boleskine mansion. The word Satan itself may be a metaphor for the suffering and pain that occurred in and around Boleskine.

www.reversespeech.com...

[edit on 11-7-2005 by project white halo]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reverse speech pops up every month or so it seems. Even I started a thread when I first became a member.

I found with most cases of reverse speech if someone didn't write down what you were supposed to hear then it would sound like nothing.
While some others examples seem to reveal true intentions of the speaker.

Here is another site to look at.
www3.telus.net...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This was a heavy topic of debate in my Psychology of Paranormal Belief class I had last year. My advice for those who believe this, get a tape recorder and record yourself saying things that you would normally say. For example, phrases you always use or just in notmal conversation with someone. Go back and listen to that recording over and over again and I can assure you that you will find something in your taping that you will be able to identify as something being said. It's mere coincidence and nothing more. That's the easiest way to disprove this and if you can come up with an ideal to oppose this theory by all means please do.

Y.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's some old threads about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

There may be others.

new topics

top topics

join